• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

GBG Focus Markers

Tony 85 the Generous

I didn't think you could put a focus marker on a territory you owned.

We have conquered the sector. My intention was to mark it for attack when it unlocked. Then I realized WE were the owners. I was allowed to place a focus attack marker on it (a sector we own). I also tried and could place markers on my guild-owned unlocked sectors as well.

1599431718241.pngI

I'm not sure why the game would let you mark a territory your own for attack.

Bug? The wiki didn't say you couldn,t just that the markers are removed when you claim a sector.

Last edited:

BruteForceAttack

I didn't think you could put a focus marker on a territory you owned.

View attachment 16895I

I'm not sure why the game would let you mark a territory your own for attack.

Bug? The wiki didn't say you couldn,t just that the markers are removed when you claim a sector.

Just checked you can put focus on your own sector too, there seems to be no restrictions whatsoever :).i.e. doesn't matter who owns, doesn't matter if you own tile next to it or not... you just cant put focus on base :)

Tony 85 the Generous

It stays there if you conquered the territory.
I would beg to differ. Both focus attack and do not attack do in fact disappear when you conquer the sector. I should have been more clear in the OP (I will edit). I added, by accident, the focus attack to the sector seen and owned by my guild.

Agent327

I would beg to differ. Both focus attack and do not attack do in fact disappear when you conquer the sector.

No they don't and you can mark your own sectors. You can even mark sectors on the other side of the map, no where near any of your own sectors. At least on PC.

Tony 85 the Generous

No they don't.
I am sorry Agent, the markers are automatically removed when the sector is conquered. If you mark a sector that is not own by your guild and then conquer it, the marker is automatically removed. Thankfully they are automically removed because (a) it would look stupid to conquer a sector and have the attack marker still there and (b) one less thing to manage.

Evidence 1:
"Provinces can be marked with the 'Focus' or 'Ignore' signal when they are not owned by your Guild, even if the province is currently in lockdown. Once a province has been acquired by your guild, the focus signal will be removed." -https://en.wiki.forgeofempires.com/index.php?title=Guild_Battlegrounds#Focus_Mechanic

Evidence 2: The sector below was marked for attack 30 minutes ago, I was online and moving to attack as I watched it switch from our flag with a focus attack marker to locked with no marker (attack marker removed automatically; per evidence #1)
1599433520031.png

you can mark your own sectors.
Why would you and why are you allowed to?

You can even mark sectors on the other side of the map, no where near any of your own sectors. At least on PC.
Do not know why you would, but agree it is possible and true (also a bit weird to do so, but that doesn't count for anything).

BruteForceAttack

I can add focus to my own tile because it is a swap sector.

9 pm I take a tile, add focus to it and go to bed
1 am tile opens, maybe the friend takes it at 2am...
6 am tile is open for our team to hit ( i might still be in bed)..and focus is still there for them to hit

Tony 85 the Generous

I can add focus to my own tile because it is a swap sector.

6 am tile is open for our team to hit ( i might still be in bed)..and focus is still there for them to hit
I can follow that. Still seems weird you can mark your own sector for attack. In this case it works well.

continuing one more step...
6:05am tile is re-conquered and marker disappears.