• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

GBG goods costs for sectors determined when?

wolfhoundtoo

When are the goods needed for GBG sectors for camps/towers etc. determined? I thought it was at the beginning of GBG only but one of my guild mates is convinced that the requirements for a couple of sectors changes recently.

When the goods costs change during the GBG season check the event history logs when they change and it is likely you will see one of your guild mates has aged up, and if they were the only guild member in that age or perhaps if they are the only guild member in the new age GBG goods costs need to be recalculated.

Ebeondi Asi

Plenty of people age up after GbG starts, no one has (previously) said the Goods change at all. Particularly when Venus Opened. a dozen Guild members moved up directly after GbG opened. no Venus goods were required that season.

Last edited:

wolfhoundtoo

I would except the sectors that he believes have changed all switched to goods we've been particularly low on and so we were monitoring closely. At least one sector use to cost more than 1,000 porcelain and doesn't anymore plus we seem to have a lot more TE goods being needed. Still we can't quite prove it so we'll note them down for next season to see if the situation changes again. Just weird that it happened right after 2 players left.

So you've seen recalculations happen?
Most definitely, there have been times we've been unable to build seige camps on a certain sector because of lack of a particular good, only to at some point later in the season look again to see that the goods costs on the same sector has changed to different goods allowing us to build seiges there when we couldn't before. I have observed this happening several times at least at different times during the season, I'm more aware than many would be of these changes as I build the seiges when we are able to do so.

wolfhoundtoo

Well we got pretty unlucky then with the departures as we rolled a lot of the goods we were low on. Oh well maybe next time we'll get lucky if someone drops out during GBG. :p

how can it be when someone ages up? Do you mean outside a certain time frame of when it starts?
As I understand it required goods are only from ages where you have at least one guild member and the ages where the most guild members are, the more chance you will need goods from that age. If there is an age where there are currently no guild members, you will not see goods from that age being asked for. So if there is only one guild member say in the Future and they age up, goods costs will need to be recalculated to remove future era goods from building goods costs.