• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

GBG Lockdown

ocshooter

How is this at all fair.. Locked in with holds for 10 days?? This is being reported on all worlds, the hold tactics being used. Great Tactic for the guys doing the holds but misery for the other teams.

Attachments

• foediamond leagueredit.jpg
    foediamond leagueredit.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 100

DeletedUser

This is what happens when the GvG mentality is brought to other game features. This is also why I am content with my guild staying in Gold/Silver league, where this kind of thing is unlikely to happen. I don't see where the fun is in doing that sort of thing. It really cheapens the feature at the higher levels. If all leagues were like that, GBG would only have 5% participation just like GvG. (And actually, it's a sign of weakness that they have to use underhanded tactics like that to succeed.)

ocshooter

It is hard to not achieve Diamond if your playing. Inno needs to fix this. As more teams learn it this will happen in all leagues and then no one will play. No one playing means no siege towers, palaces, and the like built with diamonds. Troops healed with diamonds etc. Screw the logs at this point you cant even play?

DeletedUser

It is hard to not achieve Diamond if your playing. Inno needs to fix this. As more teams learn it this will happen in all leagues and then no one will play. No one playing means no siege towers, palaces, and the like built with diamonds. Troops healed with diamonds etc. Screw the logs at this point you cant even play?
Not hard at all to avoid Diamond. Choosing to be in a smaller guild is a great way. It's a much more enjoyable game in a small to medium sized guild than it is in a large one. And this won't happen in all leagues, because it is easy for an active guild to defeat this strategy and difficult to keep a stray guild member from finishing off a sector. (I know that because of all the guild leaders coming here whining about being unable to control their members.) Not to mention that it takes a large guild to even do this. Guilds in Gold league and below just don't have the resources/manpower to employ this strategy. Just start forcing them to actually take the sectors. When they do, there is a 50% chance that any buildings will disappear, so rebuilding them will drain their Treasury over the long haul.

Algona

You're asking the wrong question:

How is this at all fair..

It is fair. Any Guild can develope the capability and Alliances to do this.

But as I said, you're asking the wrong question.

Inno needs to fix this

That would be nice. How? What mechanic can be implemented to stop this?

Anyway, that's a solution that even if it is feasible could take weeks or months to implement IF(!) INNO decides they can and want to implement a fix.

----------

The question you should be asking?

How do yo beat this brutal tactic?

I'll give you some time to think about it. Or to object, argue, complain. Whichever you prefer.

RazorbackPirate

I recently left a guild that was employing this strategy. They allied with one other guild and proceeded to lock up the entire map. Each guild would fill all the building spots in each province with siege camps, then coordinate between guilds about when and how to swap provinces, virtually 100% attrition free, for the entire round. The leaders of both guilds coordinated on how to keep the map locked up between the two of them so the leaders of guilds could spam the map for rewards.

Over and over again, a core group of about 8 members, all with leadership rights, would hit the sectors over and over, auto-battling the entire day at zero attrition. Some easily made over 1,000 FPs per day just spamming the map for rewards. I'd join as I can, but with their A/D boosts, they could, "auto-battle 5 times before ever having to swap out units." I'd get in 6-8 fights in the few minutes it would take 5-6 of the 'leaders' to take the province to within 20 advances of flipping.

All day long swapping provinces and spamming rewards 100% attrition free. The 'leaders' would just swap shifts to keep the scam 24/10. This 'leadership' team wouldn't touch a province with less than 5 siege camps touching it. Provinces less than 100% attrition free, they'd put on the threads calling on the junior members to hit them announcing "48% attrition free," or "96% attrition free." Then they'd badger the junior members to throw themselves at the wall of attrition so they didn't have to. "No one gets a free ride. We expect everyone in the guild to participate in GBG."

The leaders would take the attrition free provinces in minutes, junior members only getting to join if they happened to catch the 5 minute window of opportunity. Other than that, it was all scraps for the junior members. Forced to take all the attrition the leaders didn't want, so they could continue spamming and scamming and earning rewards 100% attrition free. It was pretty distasteful.

Those with the most sucking up all the easy advances for 80% of the rewards, leaving those who need rewards the most, to take on 80% of the attrition for the 20% of the rewards they wouldn't touch, so they could remain attrition free. Once that started, attitudes got increasingly warped from there. A few Diamond guilds are definitely scamming the system big time, with overall deleterious effects.

Not saying things need changing, but fully understanding the extent of what's really occurring, I do kind of want to vomit a bit.

Last edited:

Kranyar the Mysterious

There is a way to easily bust this up, but it helps to do so from the start, and you can only do it for the amount of area that you can realistically attack and control...

Simply attack the ones that are doing it and force them to finish up the sector. The more hits you get on there, the more of a head start you will have when the sector opens back up the next time, even though you do lose half when that happens.

If you can't realistically attack and control most of those areas, how is it really affecting you? Not like you were going to fight on those sectors anyways?

Kranyar the Mysterious

A few Diamond guilds are definitely scamming the system big time, with overall deleterious effects.
Not saying this doesn't happen because I know it does, but I have yet to see it happen in platinum or diamond leagues. I am in the #2 guild in Mt. K, and things move so rapidly that there is no way anyone could ever hope to sit on a sector like that.

The only place I've seen it happening is in gold league when you only have 2 participating guilds. I saw two guilds try it at the beginning once and when a third guild decided to start attacking after a day or two in, the whole thing fell like a line of dominoes.

DeletedUser

I recently left a guild that was employing this strategy. They allied with one other guild and proceeded to lock up the entire map. Each guild would fill all the building spots in each province with siege camps, then coordinate between guilds about when and how to swap provinces, virtually 100% attrition free, for the entire round. The leaders of both guilds coordinated on how to keep the map locked up between the two of them so the leaders of guilds could spam the map for rewards.

Over and over again, a core group of about 8 members, all with leadership rights, would hit the sectors over and over, auto-battling the entire day at zero attrition. Some easily made over 1,000 FPs per day just spamming the map for rewards. I'd join as I can, but with their A/D boosts, they could, "auto-battle 5 times before ever having to swap out units." I'd get in 6-8 fights in the few minutes it would take 5-6 of the 'leaders' to take the province to within 20 advances of flipping.

All day long swapping provinces and spamming rewards 100% attrition free. The 'leaders' would just swap shifts to keep the scam 24/10. This 'leadership' team wouldn't touch a province with less than 5 siege camps touching it. Provinces less than 100% attrition free, they'd put on the threads calling on the junior members to hit them announcing "48% attrition free," or "96% attrition free." Then they'd badger the junior members to throw themselves at the wall of attrition so they didn't have to. "No one gets a free ride. We expect everyone in the guild to participate in GBG."

The leaders would take the attrition free provinces in minutes, junior members only getting to join if they happened to catch the 5 minute window of opportunity. Other than that, it was all scraps for the junior members. Forced to take all the attrition the leaders didn't want, so they could continue spamming and scamming and earning rewards 100% attrition free. It was pretty distasteful.

Those with the most sucking up all the easy advances for 80% of the rewards, leaving those who need rewards the most, to take on 80% of the attrition for the 20% of the rewards they wouldn't touch, so they could remain attrition free. Once that started, attitudes got increasingly warped from there. A few Diamond guilds are definitely scamming the system big time, with overall deleterious effects.

Not saying things need changing, but fully understanding the extent of what's really occurring, I do kind of want to vomit a bit.
You know, on second thought I would love to be in a guild like that for a while. I would finish off every sector for them. LOL

Algona

no matter what i said you would say opposite i read the forums. lol

You should have read closer. You;re wrong. I PMed SL my answer to the right question as soon as I posted here. I knew you wouldn't ask, but I wanted proof that I had an answer.

Pretty sure any competent player such as yourself can figure out some way to fight back if they try to find an answer, but you haven't even tried yet, have you?

Since you didn't ask the question, I see no reason to share with you. Enjoy the next 9 days.

I am in the #2 guild in Mt. K, and things move so rapidly that there is no way anyone could ever hope to sit on a sector like that.

That is some scrum we've got going on, eh? Fun times ahead for the next 9 days. Congrats on your Guild making Diamond! I'm in Dogstar Demons, we were the top rated Platinum Guild heading into this mess.

I fore see a LOT of back and forth. Again! This will be four Battlegrounds in a row of mad dashing across the map repeatedly in a 10 day long Diamond fueled frenzy of chaotic aggression by all the Guilds.

Good times, good luck, and have fun!

Kranyar the Mysterious

That is some scrum we've got going on, eh? Fun times ahead for the next 9 days. Congrats on your Guild making Diamond! I'm in Dogstar Demons, we were the top rated Platinum Guild heading into this mess.

I fore see a LOT of back and forth. Again! This will be four Battlegrounds in a row of mad dashing across the map repeatedly in a 10 day long Diamond fueled frenzy of chaotic aggression by all the Guilds.

Good times, good luck, and have fun!
Lol, it is. I only got 7 autobattles in earlier against one of the other guilds before the sector was locked. Well under a minute. I would imagine that this is the way it is going in almost every world's diamond league match right now.

Maybe things will settle down eventually and change. Whether for good or bad I haven't a clue to a clue. I really hope GBG doesn't end up as a no attrition swapfest.

I do notice that a lot of the top GvG players are migrating back to GvG since there is no attrition there. Not stopping GBG by any means, but definitely a shift in focus.

Algona

Well under a minute.

Oh yeah! Some Guilds are blindingly fast.

but definitely a shift in focus.

Good point and understandable.

Once a Guild is in Diamond and has figured out how to stay there they've maximized the Prestige from GBG and can only gain individual Rewards and those sweet SoHs. GvG though is the gift that keeps on giving Prestige.

I won't be surprised to start seeing Guilds locked in GBG start hitting opponents GvG holdings.

Vger

All day long swapping provinces and spamming rewards 100% attrition free. The 'leaders' would just swap shifts to keep the scam 24/10. This 'leadership' team wouldn't touch a province with less than 5 siege camps touching it. Provinces less than 100% attrition free, they'd put on the threads calling on the junior members to hit them announcing "48% attrition free," or "96% attrition free."

Maybe it does need changing? This came up the other day and got a lot of backlash, but it was in a different context, and was more of a hack to work around an ill conceived proposal.

But, I really do wonder, why is Inno doing simple sums on probabilities? That just isn't how real world math works.
Premise: If I flip a coin once, there is a 50% chance of getting heads.
Conclusion: If I flip a coin twice, there is a 100% chance of getting heads.

We all know that coin flips don't work that way, because that just isn't how real world math works.
So why do siege camps work that way?

I'm also not saying things need changing, but playing 100% attrition free doesn't seem like what Inno had in mind, even if it is only a small subset of players that can do that.

I wonder how much it would change things if Inno used basic Prob & Stats 101 math instead of 3'rd grade math?

RazorbackPirate

Maybe it does need changing?
Why? I enjoy putting the smack down on other guilds as much as the next guy, but what's important to me is the league I'm in and my ability to fight/negotiate for rewards. Personal rewards. As many as I can get.

My issue with this strategy from a guild member standpoint is that any time I tried to play GBG, everything was locked down, waiting for the next move in the phantom dance. When a province would open up, the few choreographing the dance would take the province up to the hold point in minutes. Only the leaders knew when the next move of the dance would happen, and where.

But to make this strategy work, they spent diamonds, lots and lots of diamonds. Each turnover, 50% of the siege camps lost, rebuilt using diamonds for use to take the adjoining province at the next unlock. All day, every day. But even with all of that, each province can only change hands 6 times a day, and to make this complex dance work, only 4 or 5 times a day. As a result, there's a hard limit to the number of advances that can be done each day, even for those players spamming siege camps, there's a limit to the rewards that can be earned in a day.
If this ever becomes really common, I think Inno will nerf siege camps.
The more common it becomes, the more diamonds Inno makes. In order to make it work, folks are online, constantly interacting with the game. How does that hurt Inno? They've baked a hard limit to the number of rewards that can be earned on a map each day. What's it to them if 80% of those daily rewards go to the 20 members of the 2 guilds choreographing the dance? It will always remain a very few guilds who'll consistently employ this. While the novelty, interest, and participation is high now, will it still be there a year from now after these pigs have spent a year feeding at the trough? Maybe so, but so what anyway?

As long as I can play in Platinum or Diamond and can put up as many advances per day as I have the resources for, I'm good. I'm not hurt by their strategy. Worst case, I'll be on the receiving end for a couple of rounds, then drop down in the league enough to meet normal guilds and have normal competition for a few rounds, until we've risen enough to face these types of guilds again.

Win or lose, I still get my rewards. It's the rewards that advance my city. Advancing my city increases my ability to get more rewards. What others get doesn't affect me. As long as I get mine, I'm good. Makes for a long round, but I'm good.

DeletedUser41431

The only people that are against any sort of fix fornputting a stop to this madness are the abusive players who are taking advantage of this stupid design flaw by Inno's arrogant developers.

HALLT628

I also recently left a guild employing this strategy and just tossing sectors back and forth. Made the game uneventful and political. Smaller guilds in lower leagues are less likely to see this strategy, but then the rewards aren't as robust either. Catch-22

DeletedUser29933

I always wondered why competition wasn't linked across the server instead of just a single world. Could still use same strategy as we see above but harder to maintain as others move in and out of leagues. but, if we learn nothing else, we know top guilds will find a way to remain top guilds and use every opportunity the game presents to advance. I can't say i see much wrong in that...unless losing is just harder to swallow for some than others. If there is a need to take em down, assemble the team and get busy.