• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

GBG Rewards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pericles the Lion

For the last six months I've kept track of the forge point payout in GBG. Giving credit where credit is due, the RNG has, on average, paid out 1.67 fps per battle. On a day by day basis, the payout has ranged from 1.5 to 1.9. That is until today. For the first time since I've been keeping track the payout fell to 0.98 fps per battle. I fought 440 times and collected 431 fps. Only one swap, only 440 battles but this outlier result puzzles me.

Xenosaur

@Pericles - thank you for doing this. It's very onerous on players to micro-track our game play to address and provide quantitative support for assertions we've been making for the last 3 months. I'm not worried about a seemingly aberrant datapoint as you've seen, as it can be just "due" to happen. Other statistical techniques can be applied, but then again, getting your findings assimilated and embraced by our game hosts, is the harder part of the journey you're (we're) on.

Many of us "sense" what you're finding, and I believe you'll continue to find more frequent outlier results and call them as such until... you're convinced they're not outlier.

If you continue this work on the community's behalf, please additionally share what you've learned as you have ideas of interest. Again, thanks for the accounting efforts.

Last edited:

RazorbackPirate

RNG stands for Random Number Generator. It is the code that's used to determine your prizes. In GBG, for instance, there is a % chance per fight of getting a reward, then a % chance of getting a particular reward, one of which is FPs.

Which means, the OP is much ado about nothing. Less FPs only means more goods, more units, more boosts, and possibly, more diamonds.

Only tracking FPs means not tracking. Not tracking means he has no idea where his cumulative FP payout, or any other reward, compared to the published stats.

Sharmon the Impaler

RNG stands for Random Number Generator. It is the code that's used to determine your prizes. In GBG, for instance, there is a % chance per fight of getting a reward, then a % chance of getting a particular reward, one of which is FPs.

Which means, the OP is much ado about nothing. Less FPs only means more goods, more units, more boosts, and possibly, more diamonds.

Only tracking FPs means not tracking. Not tracking means he has no idea where his cumulative FP payout, or any other reward, compared to the published stats.
GbG is done primarily for FP with the other rewards vaguely secondary. If they publish that 1.5% of the time a reward will be given and it will be FP then they can give nothing for the first 9850 fights and 100% FP for the last 150 fights. They would be keeping the published rates but not many players. The OP noticed that his FP take seemed to be going down as have I. When you put in 5-10k fights per GbG season these things stand out. Save your number theory for someone who cares.

Pericles the Lion

You don't know what you are talking about. Where in my post do I say that I am "only" tracking forge points? I track all GBG rewards but only care about fps and diamonds Where are there any "published stats"? You are quick to criticize my reported numbers but never, I repeat never, produce any statistics of your own. This tells me that you do not track anything which means, once again, that you don't know what you are talking about.

Agent327

You don't know what you are talking about. Where in my post do I say that I am "only" tracking forge points?

Right here

For the last six months I've kept track of the forge point payout in GBG.

Don't see you saying that you track anything else. You "only" mention forge points.

I said GBG is done for not it was created for. That is not a general statement.

It is still a general statement. I for one am not doing it for forge points and I am sure I am not the only one.

Pericles the Lion

Update: On the second GBG swap today I had 239 battles and collected 260 forge points. An average of 1.1 fps per battle. Slightly improved from earlier today but well off pace.

Agent327

You wrongly assumed that I was only tracking forge point rewards. That's on you. I didn't mention that I was drinking coffee while fighting in GBG either. Just because I didn't mention it does not mean it didn't happen.

You wrongly assume that I did wrongly assume you were only tracking forge points. Wasn't my post you quoted. While drinking my beer I just showed you where the assumption might arrise. Good to know you drink coffe while fighting in GBG. If that works for you it is relevant info.

RazorbackPirate

You wrongly assumed that I was only tracking forge point rewards. That's on you. I didn't mention that I was drinking coffee while fighting in GBG either. Just because I didn't mention it does not mean it didn't happen.
Okay, great. Then you'll have no problem publishing them here and showing how your one crappy morning of FP rewards fits into your cumulative % total for each reward.

Pericles the Lion

Okay, great. Then you'll have no problem publishing them here and showing how your one crappy morning of FP rewards fits into your cumulative % total for each reward.
I'll pass. It would be a complete waste of my time trying to present an argument to you. The point of my post was to share my experience with others who may be experiencing a similar thing (as some have) or to those that may be inclined to check for themselves.

wolfhoundtoo

Your point was to get other to agree with your post like your 'data' proved something but of course when asked for such data you refuse. Actual data would make it much more likely that someone else might recreate your work because then they'd see that someone else did it and would have something to evaluate. Of course the data might equally result in people learning that your methodology was less than ideal.

Not that it matters in the end. If you don't find GBG worth it don't do it (but i'm guessing even at a paltry average of 1 fp per battle you would still be playing it).

Status
Not open for further replies.