• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

GBG sector flipping.

MarktheMagnificent

Can anyone out there please enlighten me? I often see, in GBG, that guilds attack sectors until they have 159/160 (Diamond) but do not immediately take these sectors. What is the reasoning behind this? It is likely that I am missing the obvious here, but when you're old enough to remember the Neanderthals some things just escape you.

MarktheMagnificent

TO control the board. The sectors are flipped in sequence so the inner ring is done first together, then the second ring. The controlling Guilds are working together to do this. Also to time it better vs enemy adjacent sectors. timing is very important in GbG. Seeing your big mistake when you sit there and all your own sectors are taken and the other Guilds get to wait because they flipped well after you did and thus yo get totally pushed out of the area.. Timing is critical.
Also maintaining control of the Guild wildcats who would just run amok .. maintaining order is also a factor.
Interesting. Thanks for the insight.

Kranyar the Mysterious

Or instead of controlling the board it could be to help generate battles by one or more guilds if the top guild is overwhelmingly more powerful than the other guilds on the board. No one likes to take the whole board then sit around for two weeks waiting for a few 3rd or 4th ring sectors to get taken just so you can get a small handful of fights in.

CaptainKirk1234

Sometimes it is also so that other guilds can waste there attrition and then flip it at the last second, this is less used than the reasons stated above. It can also be used so that your allies can use the sector you have at 159's siege camps on neighboring sectors, then you and the allies can flip all of your sectors at the same time once all sieges have been used.