• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

GBG: This small improvement would help leaders

AmaGongechu

Hiya . . . too much of a noob to post in Ideas forum, so dropping this here, please forgive if this has already been discussed.

Could the GBG Sector options be tweaked to allow for a circle/X symbol in addition to circle/slash and blinking arrows? The circle/slash is so often used to indicate "fill but don't flip" in addition to "don't hit" - it would be good to allow for a distinction, especially for those players who don't check chat and go straight to the map . . .

Thanks for considering . . .

oldsparky

Good idea
For the time being, you could do like the following :
Arrows pointing inwards: attack and take
Zero with slash: attack, but soft lock ( don’t take… stay 10 below)
No markings: do NOT attack, period

MJ Artisan of War

My main world guild uses the following system which works quite well:

▪️Please pay attention to and markers on sectors
These sometimes change mid-battle.
▪️Sectors marked with are to be filled to 140 -- Pay close attention to not go over
▪️Sectors marked with are to be captured (capped).

AmaGongechu

Yes, we do those things and it's getting easier, but we are building our GBG program, and some players just don't read chat.

We post orders that look like this:
(sector) marked 1622834849546.pngplease fill to xxx and stop

When a sector gets close I start watching it and if somebody keeps hitting I just toggle the slash button like mad and hope they notice :eek: (with mixed results unfortunately).

Then I encourage them to watch how pretty it is when we do a big swap with an ally lol

Last edited:

Tony 85 the Generous

It would be really, really helpful for all is if
a. the GBG map (on PC) did not go back to focusing on the top center instead of the sector you were just working on
and
b. if the sector pop-up box didn't cover the sector so you could see if the symbol changed without having to close the window after each attack/neg
or
c. if the sector pop-up window showed the status of the symbols for those without admin rights (show, not allow to change).

Last edited:

AmaGongechu

It would be really, really helpful for all is if
a. the GBG map (on PC) did go back to focusing on the top center instead of the sector you were just working on
and

Assuming you mean "didn't go back etc" - That doesn't happen to me . . . the map stays where I dragged it while I work on encounters myself. In fact this is how I watch what's happening with a sector while I battle away.

Bigger problem is on mobile where messages are not accessible from the map screen.

b. if the sector pop-up box didn't cover the sector so you could see if the symbol changed without having to close the window after each attack/neg
or
c. if the sector pop-up window showed the status of the symbols for those without admin rights (show, not allow to change).

That would be cool, but again maybe it's just that I have a large monitor - I can drag the map so I can watch the sector and hit it at the same time.

While we are talking about additional improvements, a really good one would be to have the sector names on the map rather than having to click into the sector to see the name

Last edited:

Xenosaur

Tower of Babel problem, yup. We had ONLY 2 symbols for a very long time (1: Flashy, pointy arrow, and 2: NOT Symbol). Many guilds aligned around similar communications uses of these:

1) Pointy arrows: Attack sector
2) Not Symbol: Don't attack anymore, or off limits, period.

Because more communications are required in GbG than just simple directives, additional "information" concepts for those 2 symbols started sprouting, and were TIME-dependent on when the symbols were issued in the game or campaign timeline.

So ... I believe it's fundamentally good that Inno is finally addressing additional communications tools and functions for those 2 symbols, and would of course like them to add more to strengthen GbG.

But... that means we have to align a bit on our uses of them too, following the functions and added features they're giving us, and making it following the design uses they envisioned when they gave them to us. Esoteric uses might have to get reviewed if the new features get bolted on to current symbols that make non-sequiturs.

AmaGongechu

Tower of Babel problem, yup. We had ONLY 2 symbols for a very long time (1: Flashy, pointy arrow, and 2: NOT Symbol). Many guilds aligned around similar communications uses of these:

1) Pointy arrows: Attack sector
2) Not Symbol: Don't attack anymore, or off limits, period.

Because more communications are required in GbG than just simple directives, additional "information" concepts for those 2 symbols started sprouting, and were TIME-dependent on when the symbols were issued in the game or campaign timeline.

So ... I believe it's fundamentally good that Inno is finally addressing additional communications tools and functions for those 2 symbols, and would of course like them to add more to strengthen GbG.

But... that means we have to align a bit on our uses of them too, following the functions and added features they're giving us, and making it following the design uses they envisioned when they gave them to us. Esoteric uses might have to get reviewed if the new features get bolted on to current symbols that make non-sequiturs.

I agree more functionality for leaders along this line would be great. But our team over-communicates, if anything. And that can't be good either.

Can't tell you how many times I have hammered it home in guild chat only to have rogue players who never read guild chat flip a tile out of ignorance. This penalizes players who do follow what's going on by inundating them with rants that don't apply to them. I even booted one player for not following orders. But this requires I live and breathe this game for 10 days at a time, not really functional if you ask me.

And of course the resulting damage control with allied guilds is another layer of communication.

So much easier to have an X for ignore, with all the warnings you want built in. Less confusion for members, less ranting for leaders, can only be good, yes?

wolfhoundtoo

Which is why the extra warning is good. Much easier to know that people ignored it. You'll have to stress to people that they can't attack beyond a certain amount when you post a soft lock if you or one of the other leaders aren't around to turn on the stop sign. Well or deal with that extra click but assuming that you aren't in a race it's an annoyance only.

AmaGongechu

Yes that one - I just learned that and have shared with my fellow leaders. Members who find out about it can do as they wish, I suppose. But the feature would actually be helpful if it could apply to a marker that really does mean no-hit