• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

GBG- when will it get balanced?

UP ONLINE

I thought GBG was supposed to be balanced based on active members in a guild? This weeks match, which is roughly 6 hours opened, features a guild with 79 members already capturing 4 sectors and completing 520+ battles/negotiations. While I enjoy a good challenge, I doubt that a 7 member guild will stand much change against this type of imbalance, yet again. Maybe before rushing off to create Inno's next big thing, you should make sure what you've already have going is working? You may keep people interested in participating. Good example---GVG. Thanks
It is, learn how it all works lots of elements to it!!

Falconwing

It will balance out when you get beat enough to drop down to a League you deserve to be in. You should be thankful you're in a high League. The worst prize in, say Platinum, is better than first place in Gold. Individual rewards are better too. In GbG, it's better to be a minnow in the ocean, than a shark in a pond.

Agent327

It would take a decent programmer only few hours to link attrition to guild size, similar as the percentage progress is linked to guild size in GE, and level the playing field.

Link attrition to guild size and top players will group in small guilds and still dominate. It would actually lead to more guilds and kill the low level guilds even faster.

Inno is not in the business of making games, but in the business of making money. I know for a fact that metrics from other games have shown that players in larger guilds spend more money due to increased peer pressure. Inno has discovered that too, and we can't fault them for trying to make a buck! :)

Every company is. If they were not, you would not have a game.

85gt

Sounds like the problem is too many small guilds, many get in the game and think they need to make a guild and the guild never grows and get no rewards from GbG so its the big guilds fault. Disolve your little guild and get in a bigger guild

Ctik

After a bit more digging into a solution, I believe I have found the best one yet. My Opinion.

Currently we have MMR gains and losses:
Place8 Guilds7 Guilds6 Guilds5 Guilds
1st+175+150+125+100
2nd+125+100+75+50
3rd+75+50+250
4th+250-25-50
5th-25-50-75-100
6th-75-100-125-
7th-125-150--
8th-175---

And Leagues:
0-100 Copper
101-350 Silver
351-650 Gold
651-900 Platinum
901-1000 Diamond

The change needs to happen in either the MMR gains and losses or the point spread for each league, maybe both. The points are too great creating huge jumps up and down in the very small MMR cap of 1000

Examples:
1st+35+30+25+20
2nd+25+20+15+10
3rd+15+10+50
4th+50-5-10
5th-5-10-15-20
6th-15-20-25-
7th-25-30--
8th-35---
Or
0-150 Copper
151-525 Silver
526-975 Gold
976-1350 Platinum
1351-1500 Diamond
or possibly even higher amounts

I like the reduced gains and losses and it also doesnt mess up anything with current Leagues.

As a response to Stephen The IV: you are talking about one world among 214 in 24 different regions. What is happening on your world is NOT going to be the same on all the other worlds. Where I am, the top 2 guilds play for themselves and ONLY themselves. They do not care about anyone else. They do not care about the life of the rest of the world. Stupid, yes, but try and tell them that.

85gt

I think after the breakeven point in the middle the negative side should be more than the positive side, there are just too many guilds with not enough firepower getting into upper leagues

K--O

I've mentioned this before. The imbalance is less related to the size of your guild and more related to how many fights you can get in. And the number of fights fighters can get in is directly related to your ability to diamond Siege Camps and partner and thus, fight with essentially 0 attrition and team up with another guild to do the dance. I know a player that got 14,000 fights in in one session. That's about 7 sectors per day by themselves. And then once 2 guilds working together take the center they even need less diamonds because they won't delete the siege camps so the partner guild can have a chance at taking them.

Want to stop the imbalance. 1) Get rid of siege camps. 2) Nerf traps. 3) Get rid of cross-world diamond farming (not like Inno makes any money on these). 4) Don't take away any progress of other guilds when a sector is taken. Essentially don't allow fighting without attrition and make partnering less successful by not removing other guilds progress by cutting them off.

Kranyar the Mysterious

The change needs to happen in either the MMR gains and losses or the point spread for each league, maybe both. The points are too great creating huge jumps up and down in the very small MMR cap of 1000

Examples:
1st+35+30+25+20
2nd+25+20+15+10
3rd+15+10+50
4th+50-5-10
5th-5-10-15-20
6th-15-20-25-
7th-25-30--
8th-35---
Or
0-150 Copper
151-525 Silver
526-975 Gold
976-1350 Platinum
1351-1500 Diamond
or possibly even higher amounts

I like the reduced gains and losses and it also doesnt mess up anything with current Leagues.

Gods, this change would be terrible.

If a guild wins first place EVERY season it would take a new guild 40 seasons to get into Diamond League in the best case scenario under this plan if they get lucky and get 8 guilds every time, 68 seasons if they are extremely unlucky and only get 5. That is a year and a half to over two and a half years.

Even existing guilds couldn't advance in a timely manner, and the lower league your guild the quicker you will lose any decent players. This plan would stratify the guilds even more than they are now, since you would need to be in an existing top guild to play in a top league.

This is a pure status quo idea.

Last edited: