• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

GbG

I always wondered what the Guild Battlegrounds were for(Not to be confused with GvG). If you don't know what I am talking about, just click the little button on the bottom right side of your little tab.

Kranyar the Mysterious

Guild Battlegrounds (GBG) is a commonly played mini-game. It is one of the best sources for forge points in the game if you are active and have a decently advanced city, not to mention diamonds, Statue of Honor fragments and other rewards. It is a battleground where 5-8 matched guilds battle each other (or co-operate depending) for bi-weekly supremacy.

Not sure what you mean by little button on the bottom right side of your little tab. The only way to get into GBG is via the GBG building on the upper right of your screen.

Agent327

How about you just tell what you are trying to accomplish with this post? So far all you do is telling us we do not know what you are talking about. While you are right about that, it means this is going nowhere, so tell us what your point is.

CommanderCool1234

I'm talking about the map with hexagonal shapes, most people have no idea what I'm talking about.
Yes, that is what Kranyar is talking about (not sure why he called it a mini game though) and btw almost everyone here on this forum know what GbG is, so not really sure what you mean by "most people have no idea what I am talking about"

Kranyar the Mysterious

Yes, that is what Kranyar is talking about (not sure why he called it a mini game though) and btw almost everyone here on this forum know what GbG is, so not really sure what you mean by "most people have no idea what I am talking about"
OK, maybe activity would apply better, but since it has it's own rules set, I think mini-game applies to GBG too.

And I still have no clue what the OP is talking about regarding the button. There is no button for GBG on mobile or PC, only the building you enter.

Kranyar the Mysterious

The map with hex shapes is gvg, not gbg
Right, but the OP stated:

Not to be confused with GvG

The bottom right button on the lower left hand menu is for the Guild Continent Map on PC, which of course is for GvG, not GBG. On mobile the button on the lower right right is for great buildings, which has nothing to do with any map. I'm thinking that the OP is the one who is confused, and that they just found the Guild Continent Map for the first time. Of course anyone who plays GvG is quite familiar with it, not like it is a hidden secret.

Last edited:

wolfhoundtoo

Well no direct rewards like forge points or anything like you get in GBG. If your guild owns sectors it does help your guild level up faster but somehow I don't think that's what you were hoping to hear.

Johnny B. Goode

The mission of this goal is just me wanting to know the rewards of gvg and what it is for.
For the guild, it specifically gives Guild Power Points. These are commonly referred to as "crowns". They are what the guild level is based on. So taking territory in GvG will give a guild GPP each day at reset. This is added to the running total of GPP that the guild has earned since its founding, and that determines the guild level. Guild Power Points never disappear unless the guild is dissolved.
For the guild, it also gives Prestige based on all territory held at reset each day, with an added % boost for that earned on any particular map where the guild is in the top three that day. (There are individual maps for each era from Iron through Future, and there is also an "All Ages" map where you can use troops from any era.) This Prestige is added to the Prestige the guild gets from its guild level (25 Prestige per level) and the Prestige from GBG. This total determines the guild's global ranking.

For the individual, the only direct rewards are the battle points earned in fighting. They are included in the formula for that player's global ranking points. This provides no tangible rewards for the player's city.

Indirectly, when the GPP from GvG raise the guild's level, it also increases the benefits for both the guild and the members that are tied to guild level. For the guild this is Support Pool, which determines the att/def boost for that guild's defense armies in GvG territory they hold. As mentioned before, the guild also gets Prestige based on its level.
For the members there are three tangible benefits tied to guild level. As @CaptainKirk1234 mentioned, one is FP(s) added to those you get when collecting from your Town Hall. You get 1 FP/day starting at guild level 10, reaching the max of 12 FP at level 98.
Members also get a % reduction in the coin/supply cost of new buildings. This kicks in at level 3 at 1% and reaches 25% for levels 99 and 100. Early on in the game's history, this was a major consideration. However, with the proliferation of event/special buildings and GBs usurping the original role of buildings from the Build menu, this benefit has negligible value to most players.
The last benefit is a % reduction in training/healing times for troops. This starts at level one at 2%, and tops out at 38% starting at level 97. If a player has an Alcatraz GB, this benefit also affects its production/collection cycle. I believe that this makes it the only GB that can have a production cycle of less than 24 hours. (Other than when a GB is leveled, that is.)