• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Question] GBS

BladeHeart

How can a person in camp them selfs in lets say theLMA sge and have GBS well beyound their age such as.The truce Tower,Innovation Tower,The ARC,,Cape Canaveral,Chateau Frontenal,and last but not least ,Alcatraz? Is this not a game of progression?Or can you just buy all the GBS you want and put them in the age you want? AKA Unequal force.

Trycerlon

The age of the GB determines which buildings need aided/plundered in order to get BPs from non-donations, and also what goods are required to build it. So if you have friends in FE, or you donate to a lot of Arcs, you can get the blueprints from that and get the goods from someone in FE.
It is only Great Buildings that are like this.

BladeHeart

The does not answer the question why do folks have GBS from age much higher and still hang out in a far lower age,that is the only reason i get wiped out.And i know how to defend my city,and i do not race though reserach.And I DO NOT Snipe mu guild mates or friends.. Hence forth you answer is useless like the outhers. You afoid the meat of the matter.They should call moderators the deflectors,because all the answers i have gotten dont mount to nothing.So the next step i shall go,have a nice day.

Beorn Bear

why do folks have GBS from age much higher and still hang out in a far lower age
Because they can. Because it is within the game rules and allowed by the game mechanisms.

Blueprints can be obtained by donating to higher aged GBs of friends, neighbors and guild mates, or by aiding higher aged buildings of friends, neighbors and guild mates. Higher aged goods to actually build the higher aged GBs can be obtained (bought) by trading with players that have those goods, usually with a donation of FP from the buyer to one or more of the seller's GBs. It's called buying goods and is done by hundreds of players on every world.

Kranyar the Mysterious

People camp in the lower ages with high age gbs because they have an advantage over other people in that age.
In my camped Iron Age city, I rarely ever interact directly with anyone in my neighborhood, they aren't worth the time or effort. I stay there to build up my strength for other things, like GBG, GE, and for when I age up. Being there has nothing to do with anyone else.

Daniel The 4ger

So in conclusion people can and sometimes will camp in lower ages with high level gbs because aging up is too expensive, they have an advantage over other players, or because they just feel like it and it makes events easier. Camping in lower ages is a strategy and this is a strategic game. Camping with high level gbs is not against the rules (as far as I know) and probably never will be.

Kranyar the Mysterious

Higher aged goods to actually build the higher aged GBs can be obtained (bought) by trading with players that have those goods, usually with a donation of FP from the buyer to one or more of the seller's GBs. It's called buying goods and is done by hundreds of players on every world.
Higher aged goods can also be gotten via the Truce Tower if you don't want to buy goods, but it takes longer (and the TT may need higher age goods to build). Finding unfair trades while guild hopping is another good way to get higher age goods.

Plain Red Justice

So in conclusion people can and sometimes will camp in lower ages with high level gbs because aging up is too expensive, they have an advantage over other players, or because they just feel like it and it makes events easier.
This is completely 100% wrong by the way. It's simply necessary for a good guild to have campers in it. That's it. It has nothing to do with expense (lol) or bullying or whim or events

Last edited:
The original question was essentially "HOW can someone's city be in one age, and have lots of GB's from higher level ages?" Here is HOW to plant the best GB's in the game, even if you're in Iron Age:

Most players get some GB's eventually... whatever falls in their lap. But why settle for less? With strategy and guild teamwork, you can get whatever advanced-age GB you want! Just decide on the GB’s you want to target planting, then…

TAKE 3 STEPS To Get BP's and Plant the GB’s you Want

1) Start targeting your Aid to get the GB prints you're after. You're going to daily visit the cities of everyone in the neighborhood, in the guild, and in your friend's list... everyone who has a town hall of at least the Age of the GB you're wanting.

So for example, instead of just clicking on a friend's AID button, you visit their city and activate the Motivate (or Polish) button, then hover over buildings or anything with the bouncing star to see what it says the Age of that building is. Once you find a building/structure of the same Age as the GB you want, then click on it. Rinse and repeat. It's a bit time consuming, but it works. (You have the same odds as usual of getting a BP award from aiding, but you're taking advantage of how FoE constrains that awarded BP to being from the same Age/Era as the building/structure that you Motivated or Polished.)

(You can also send Friend invitations to players of one age beyond the GB you want prints for, giving you more chances in your Aiding.)

2) In the main guild chat, ask for suggestions/help for how to get BP's and plant that building. They'll guide you to the best way(s) to swap FP's so that you are putting FP's onto someone else's GB that is the same GB you want. When their GB(s) levels up, you will be awarded one or more BP's of that GB depending on what level and which of the top 5 contributor slots that you're in. Depending on the building's value to the guild, like the Arc or CdM for example, they might provide more aggressive help in GB leveling, to help you collect prints faster.

3) While you are working on getting BP's, also work on getting the required Goods to break ground on your GB. The higher the Age/Era of the GB, the more goods are required and the higher the age of the goods. Everyone knows that it's a challenge to get GB's of much higher ages, and that's where one or more of the seasoned, caring players might offer you a great deal on swapping goods to get there. Don't go on the out-of-guild market unless you have to, because the goods usually cost more.

Graviton

The does not answer the question why do folks have GBS from age much higher and still hang out in a far lower age,that is the only reason i get wiped out.And i know how to defend my city,and i do not race though reserach.And I DO NOT Snipe mu guild mates or friends.. Hence forth you answer is useless like the outhers. You afoid the meat of the matter.They should call moderators the deflectors,because all the answers i have gotten dont mount to nothing.So the next step i shall go,have a nice day.

Pouting will get you exactly zero GBs.

Lots of good answers in this thread, and other threads about this same topic. Reject the collective wisdom at your own peril.

Emberguard

The does not answer the question why do folks have GBS from age much higher and still hang out in a far lower age
Because that's how they've chosen to play. You're either a player that plans ahead and paces according to whatever plan you have OR you're a player that takes everything as it comes with no regard to what you'll need later on. This applies both to those with advanced GBs and those without advanced GBs. Those camping have planned with advanced GBs in mind. You don't need advanced GBs to have a strong city for your age. It can even slow down your development initially to go straight into advanced GBs if you don't have a solid plan on what you're doing. Likewise it can speed up your development considerably to use advanced GBs and then age up later on. All depends on how you utilize them, what resources you have available and what your plan is.

There's nothing wrong with not using advanced GBs (or with using them). You can still compete with either strategy, you just need to be aware that those with advanced GBs will generally have stronger cities simply because they've prioritised strengthening their city economy and army strength. This all takes time and you may find yourself doing things in reverse from how they did things (technology first, then strengthen city VS strengthen city first, then technology)

So in conclusion people can and sometimes will camp in lower ages with high level gbs because aging up is too expensive, they have an advantage over other players, or because they just feel like it and it makes events easier. Camping in lower ages is a strategy and this is a strategic game. Camping with high level gbs is not against the rules (as far as I know) and probably never will be.
I don't know of anyone who camps to "take advantage" over other players. Rather I know of people who camp to prioritize growing their city over advancing the technology tree.

How can a person in camp them selfs in lets say theLMA sge and have GBS well beyound their age such as.
How is quite easy. Get BPs from aiding or GB contributions, then buy the goods off of players that have the required goods.

Lancer

How can a person in camp them selfs in lets say theLMA sge and have GBS well beyound their age such as.The truce Tower,Innovation Tower,The ARC,,Cape Canaveral,Chateau Frontenal,and last but not least ,Alcatraz? Is this not a game of progression?Or can you just buy all the GBS you want and put them in the age you want? AKA Unequal force.
As others have stated, you could do this as well, I actually had done this in both the world's I play in.
The best way to achieve much higher aged GBs, without playing cash/diamonds to get, is by first being a part of a great guild. This isn't a must, but it definitely helps. To acquire the needed bps you just contribute to the buildings you are seeking way up in ages. If you are in a guild for instance and they wish for you to have an ARC, a lot of guilds will help by setting up threads just for those who still need to build an arc and they will quickly level another guild members arc and only allowing those who still need bps to contribute to leveling it up. Then once you do have the bps, a lot of times you could have a good enough leader or founder or any member for that matter, sell you those much higher aged goods needed to construct the building for a very cheap amount of fps. For example, in Yorkton I was probably around LMA when my guild founder offered me the needed goods for just 200 fps. If you have to you can always do it the slower way if you have to and just continue to trade up goods one age at a time. A guild is definitely not needed but it most certainly helps if you're in a good one.

Farfle the smelly

So I’m probabky someone that you’d complain about. I’m in Iron, and have (in world 1) a LOA, Arc and Zeus. My other world has just the Zeus and Arc.

I’ve chosen to camp for two reasons: 1) I want to come out swinging with my arc, so I’m devoting all my time to it. This allows me to snipe like the dickens, which means that I’m basically prepared to place ANY GB I want at any time.

2) The second reason is that I am building up my goods stash so when I move up I can place my CF, start RQing and remove all of my goods buildings to save space. I have a ton of fun stuff in my inventory that I have no room for...and all those juicy GBs that I worked so hard to get. It basically means that I will be a little battle fiend (event buildings/Zeus/?) by end of Middle Ages, as long as I quickly level another attack building or two.

Some folks focus on goods, some focus on attack...I focused on FPS. That’s how I wanted to support my progression and I have zero complaints (except the lack of space).

Lady Gato

Snip

2) The second reason is that I am building up my goods stash so when I move up I can place my CF, start RQing a
snip
Hey Farfle -- long time no talk. If you have the space I'd put the CF down now. I love my CF. And RQing in Iron age is much cheaper than in EMA. Just a suggestion. gal

And I too am still in Iron Age. And kicking little butts with my Zeus and CdM. Eventually I'll add CoA and get all the attack gbs up to 10 before I age up to EMA.