1. Changelog 1.161

Hello Queens and Kings,
    The update to 1.161 will take place on Wed, Sept 18, 2019. There will be a short period of downtime during the update, we apologize for any inconvenience caused during this time.
    For the detailed description of the upcoming changes, please see the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. GvG Improvements Update

Hello Queens and Kings,
    First up, we wanted to thank you once again for taking the time to continue to contribute your feedback on the upcoming changes to Forge of Empires, especially in relation to Guild Battlegrounds.
    For the detailed description of the upcoming changes, please see the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

GE Contribution Listings

Discussion in 'Closed / Archived' started by Arya66, Feb 19, 2018.

1. Arya66

Arya66 Active Member

Worlds:
    East Nagash, Xyr
    Proposal
    Have the ability to view Encounters completed in Guild Expeditions listed by how many were done.

Current System
    Currently the Guild Expedition Contibutions are listed in order of Points Contributed.
    The number of Encounters is listed, but it can be difficult to keep track, especially in larger Guilds.

Details
    Have a "filter" option. Stats could be listed either by Points Contributed, or by Number of Encounters.
    Many Guilds ask for a certain number of Encounters. In larger Guilds, it is easy to overlook someone.
    By listing members in order of Encounters completed, Founders and Leaders could get see at a glance how their members are doing. In cases where several members finish the same amount, the one who did it first is listed first.

Abuse Prevention
    I see no abuse possible. It is the same information as always, just easier to view.

Visual Aids

Conclusion

I believe this would be an easier way to track members.

Arianx and HQS cant join forum like this.
  2. ThruTHEhead

ThruTHEhead Active Member

I vote yes. I'd even support making this the default option. # of points is rarely useful information, while # of encounters completed is the information people are looking for 99% of the time.

Arianx likes this.
  3. Stephen Longshanks

Stephen Longshanks Forum Moderator

I am neutral on this proposal. Don't see any harm in it, just doesn't seem useful enough to bother with.

4. Dreikhelm

Dreikhelm Member

I agree with this.

5. HQS cant join forum

HQS cant join forum Active Member

I like to check who are the top contributors in the guild. Also, for guilds with strange GE requirements (we once had 56 encounters as the minimum) it is much easier to manage that way.

6. Stephen Longshanks

Stephen Longshanks Forum Moderator

I actually keep track of one guild's individual GE records on a spreadsheet. It's not that big a deal to do. I know that because I know next to nothing about spreadsheets, and yet I am able to do it. :D

InfamousChan likes this.
  7. C00KIEGUY23145

C00KIEGUY23145 Active Member

Amazing idea. This would be helpful, I suggest 2 boxes, one makes the list order by points and the other by encounters.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2018
  8. LacLongQuan

LacLongQuan Well-Known Member

nice idea, vote yes, also added the person with the lowest point in the same Age complete the same number of encounters first not the one with most points first, current system rewarding losers for top rank, should be listed best fighter with least point or having a penalty point for losing the encounter not gain more point to be on the top of the list.

9. Arya66

Arya66 Active Member

Worlds:
    East Nagash, Xyr
    Anybody else have an opinion?

10. Arya66

Arya66 Active Member

Worlds:
    East Nagash, Xyr
    So.. Over 100 have viewed this, but less than 8 have replied. Does that mean it is no good?
    Most of those that replied seem to like it, but not sure if it enough to send for voting. ????

11. Falconwing

Falconwing Well-Known Member

I agree with Longshanks, I don't care about it and it doesn't seem very useful. It takes no effort to scan the list to see how far people get. If they have a fire symbol, they're kicking ass. If they have a single digit number, they need a kick in the ass. Everybody else is fine.

12. Graviton

Graviton Well-Known Member

Sounds like it might be useful for Guild leaders, although I don't see why I would ever use it. I'm in favor of pretty much anything that allows data to be sorted/filtered. I'm still waiting for the proposal to be submitted to add filter tabs to the Inventory menu. So I'd vote yes for this.

13. InfamousChan

InfamousChan Well-Known Member

GE completion is not a requirement in my 2 guilds but I encourage players to complete as many encounters as they can. We rarely fail to keep one of the top 3 slots though. So not that useful for me but if I see this on vote I will vote yes.

14. Algona

Algona Well-Known Member

Nominate it for voting, the worst that happens is the mods say ir needs more support. Based on a couple Proposals getting sent to voting with 2 people supporting I suspect this will get sent to vote.

I'm pretty sure this forum software counts a view every time a person coomes back to a thread and there is new content in the thread.

Conyrary to popular beliefs, I don't have an opinion or post in every Proposal. I don't have an opinion on this. It's not gonna hurt the game, II don't see it as needed, may never use it myself, might be useful to some, and should be an easy programming job. It balances out to me. I suspect a lot of folk feel that way.

Stephen Longshanks likes this.
  15. Arya66

Arya66 Active Member

Worlds:
    East Nagash, Xyr
    Just bumping this up for those who may have missed it.

16. Elaine Trapp

Elaine Trapp Well-Known Member

I don't know how I will vote. I'll just say that like Stephen I can't harm in it. It just doesn't seem useful enough to bother with.

17. braeden12323

braeden12323 Active Member

Worlds:
    Mount Killmore, Odhrorvar
    I'd vote yes, more info is almost always a good thing. The filter option makes it unobtrusive, so you can use the one you prefer. Nice idea!

Graviton likes this.
  18. Darth Mole

Darth Mole Well-Known Member

Currrently you see in columns
    Player Contributes Pts Encounters completed

So all you want is to be able to sort by column 3?

All the info is there already - just need to scroll down to see it all so I don't see the big advantage in this feature

19. Ognor the Hood

Ognor the Hood Well-Known Member

This is a good idea but Foe needs more filtering across the game badly

Let us filter everything please !!!

GB contribution list --- by player name / by current reward / by fps contributed / by % complete

Rankings- By Age/Era

There are more examples too of when filtering options would help out a player a lot

Algona likes this.
  20. JaniceV

JaniceV Member

Nice idea. Even better if an achievement pops up every time somebody completes a GE encounter.