• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

GE, fighting, and GBs

DeletedUser31592

It is no secret that I'm not a fighter. I'm trying to save some time with GE by being able to autobattle some encounters- experimenting first with only one of my cities.

Besides the Zeus, CoA, and CdM, and Traz for troops, is there another GB worth building that will significantly help? Goods are not an issue. I have access to whatever I need. I just don't know if anything is worth building. Until I built a CoA a few weeks ago, I've never had any type of fighting/military GB besides a Zeus, lol.

If the city is in HMA (or possibly LMA if I have to age up for space), how far into the GE will I get with a level 10 Zeus, CoA, and CdM? I have an extra 10 attack boost from some special buildings. So it would be 100/90 without activating a tavern boost or using a potion thing. Oh, any troop suggestions?

*My current attack boost is 46/36. I can get through level 1 with autobattle (and no rogues) at the moment. Well, maybe not encounter 16- I didn't try it on autobattle.

DeletedUser26965

AO and Kraken yo.

oh, but you could also wait to see what the new GB will do, it seems like a military GB of sorts but no one knows yet what it does.

DeletedUser12620

I know some players like the AO since the much more advanced ages are very hard to complete.

DeletedUser29726

You should be able to autobattle the first 2.5 difficulties in HMA with abandon with the 3 fighting buildings. You should be able to fight some encounters of the 4th difficulty without any special tricks beyond them as well (on manual). AO or Kraken can help, but AO needs to be levelled pretty high (past 10), and kraken needs the fight to be restarted til it procs so it can't be used for too many fights a week. The other obvious choice wrt great buildings is to level the basic ones past 10 - boost in early ages isn't that high, even in 4th difficulty it's possible to outclass them with high level boost buildings.

Getting troops ahead of your age can help some as well. It's not possible in HMA to my knowledge, but in LMA you can get to the bonus area and get some colonial troops. You have to be careful with them because they're limited quantity and not immortal - but they can help. The easiest ages to use advanced troops i've found are colonial (jaeger infantry from industrial primarily - can get some progressive troops as well, but not the snipers til industrial), and industrial (rapid fire cannons + snipers from the attack the germans line of the story are enough to carefully and safely fight difficulty 4 - even with less than 90% from boost GBs).

DeletedUser26965

The fan wiki, I just learned thanks to the agent guy, has the unit bonuses by sector http://forgeofempires.wikia.com/wiki/Guild_Expeditions

Seems HMA doesn't have any bonuses until GE3 encounter 47 which starts at 3% to 70% for encounter 64.

Guess after that it's a matter of looking at unit data and damage data.

Units

https://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/the-damage-calculator.25048/

Also don't forget there's wide variance in battle results, see my results of a little test about that here; Recent and constant chages in GVG attack and defence abilities so while you may think you can't win an encounter you in fact may be able to if you keep autobattling it, assuming you can sustain the losses of course.

Last edited by a moderator:

Agent327

It's impossible to say how far you will get in GE. It is possible you will loose a fight at any level with autobattle and when you repeat that same fight on manual you will win with ease. It's all about getting to know the fights, cause you are facing the same units every week.

DeletedUser31592

Thanks. As I've never built an AO or a Kraken, I wasn't sure how much it'd help with GE. Especially with autobattling.

Lately I've been using troops I never use (therefore have a large abundance from GE) to get through the beginning. I was amazed at how quickly I could get through 8 encounters. I need more of that, lol.

I'll get a Traz up so I can start stockpiling rogues. Once I get the other 3 to 10, I'll work on these.

Agent327

Thanks. As I've never built an AO or a Kraken, I wasn't sure how much it'd help with GE. Especially with autobattling.

They help, but it totally depends on the era you are in and the level of the GB's. I am in OF, but do a lot of battles in GE with troops from a lower era, so AO is useless in those battles. Kraken is very nice, cause you are fighting one less unit in the first wave, but in order to have that advantage you have to bring it to a very high level.

Jern2017

Having the Alcatraz will definitely help in my opinion. I'm in the PE and, apart from 2 Rogue Hideouts, i don't have any military buildings. I usually fight with 6 Rogues and 2 units. I get those units from the GE and I get my Rogues from the Alcatraz.