• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

GE Start Time and Gold Cup

Mando Din Djarin

I have been playing this game for 3 years and recently started a new town in U world. The guild leader is reminding everyone to wait until the “cup” turns gold to start playing the GE. The GE opens at 8:00am and allows you to play, but they want us to wait until 8:30 am to start playing because our encounters will not count? I understand that the competition might not start until the cup turns gold, but why would any completed encounters done before that time not count toward the championship of that GE? If they don’t, why start the GE at 8:00am if the competition doesn’t start until 8:30? I have never had an issue with this in A world.

CommanderCool1234

All I can think of is a little while ago I did hear some people saying if you start after the cup turns gold you will play against weaker guilds next GE. I dont know if this is true but it is just a rumor I heard.

Johnny B. Goode

All I can think of is a little while ago I did hear some people saying if you start after the cup turns gold you will play against weaker guilds next GE. I dont know if this is true but it is just a rumor I heard.
That is simply wishful thinking. It continually amazes me the inane theories that some people come up with about this game.

Dominator - X

I have been playing this game for 3 years and recently started a new town in U world. The guild leader is reminding everyone to wait until the “cup” turns gold to start playing the GE. The GE opens at 8:00am and allows you to play, but they want us to wait until 8:30 am to start playing because our encounters will not count? I understand that the competition might not start until the cup turns gold, but why would any completed encounters done before that time not count toward the championship of that GE? If they don’t, why start the GE at 8:00am if the competition doesn’t start until 8:30? I have never had an issue with this in A world.
Not sure about their reasoning, but we tried this for as different reason as we got wind of another guild doing it. We waited about 40 minutes to give other guilds a chance to start. The thinking was, that if we started late, we would be linked with weaker guilds who also "naturally" did not hit it hard. We tried it for about 3 weeks. We did not notice a substantial difference in competition, so we scrapped it. I was also recently apart of another very small guild who employs this tactic every week, though they all finish 64 encounters every week, many times the first day. So, it is what it is. Some believe it works.

Fishercat.

My guild has done this; imported the idea from a guild leader's other guild. It did seem to work for a while, as in we were blowing the competition out of the water, but after coming up against another guild that was doing the same thing, we scrapped it. We generally do quite well in GE whatever the timing of play.

wolfhoundtoo

It doesn't work. The matchups are already created by the time anyone can play at 8 am and there is no indication that Inno has every set up a system that would let you game who you face by when you start GE. What happens is people come up with a stupid idea and then because they don't understand the sheer number of guilds that exist across the worlds and face a weak group of opponents they think that they are right. In the end Inno explained a long time ago how the matchups are picked and start times have nothing to do with it.

Kranyar the Mysterious

It continually amazes me the inane theories that some people come up with about this game.
When I started playing, the rumor was that you would get a print every 100 aids, but if you aided a stone age building (like a tree) that it reset your blueprint collection number to zero. I remember doing everything I could to avoid stone age buildings in my city back then, aiding everyone manually, because I needed prints so badly.

Johnny B. Goode

When I started playing, the rumor was that you would get a print every 100 aids, but if you aided a stone age building (like a tree) that it reset your blueprint collection number to zero. I remember doing everything I could to avoid stone age buildings in my city back then, aiding everyone manually, because I needed prints so badly.
I remember that. I also remember the rumor that certain specific buildings gave you blueprints for specific GBs. If I remember right, supposedly if you motivated a Blacksmith and got a blueprint, it would be for the Statue of Zeus. I actually tried that for a short while, so we're all susceptible to these rumors to some degree.

Mando Din Djarin

Thank you all for your feedback. Further discussion with my guild guild revealed that they are attempting exactly what Dominator said above. They had tried it before with mixed results. They hope to get paired with weaker guilds if they don’t start the GE ASAP. It sounded bogus to me too.

Last edited: