• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Question] GE Tougher?

Estabon the Sane

Is it just me, or has fighting in GE gotten tougher? I don't have any hard data other than numerous complaints from my guild mates.

Super Catanian

The more you progress in GE, the harder the encounters become. It's a game mechanic that encourages GE participation by putting all the good prizes (Diamonds, Terrace Farms, etc.) after the really tough ones.

Estabon the Sane

Gracias, Super Catanian. Been playing this game for years, and I know how GE works. Personally, I don't see much of a problem as I generally fight above my age.
However, other people in my guild, some with multiple years of experience are saying the same thing. One is in the Mars age (and has been for months) and has fought her way through level 1 consistently. This week, however, she struggled to get through the 3rd encounter in the first level.
I don't have as much detail on the others who said it seemed tougher, Just a bunch of "Me too"(s). Once the questions started flying I thought it might be a good idea to pose the question to the forum.

Enlight

They really need to get rid of the residential buildings for the gold chest, getting a framed house really sucks for the gold chest

RazorbackPirate

They really need to get rid of the residential buildings for the gold chest, getting a framed house really sucks for the gold chest.
On a granular level, those houses can be offered to the Antiques Dealer for trade coins to buy more valuable items.

On a macro level, I think the prize mix in GE, with the exception of diamonds, has grown stale. Both the prize mix in the Relics and the power of the buildings. It would be nice to see a revamp of the prizes, with the introduction of level upgrades and shrink kits for the existing buildings.

Mustapha00

GE prizes were pretty good at the time GE was rolled out, but I completely agree they've grown much less appealing with subsequent changes to the game.

Example: Tribal Squares. I used to love them, but not only could I not tell you the last time I actually placed one but I'm pretty sure I've sold them all via the Antiques Dealer.

DeletedUser29726

GE prizes were pretty good at the time GE was rolled out, but I completely agree they've grown much less appealing with subsequent changes to the game.

Example: Tribal Squares. I used to love them, but not only could I not tell you the last time I actually placed one but I'm pretty sure I've sold them all via the Antiques Dealer.

Making the antique dealer the GE prize buff ;) I've certainly contemplated running my Temple further in order to be able to get more quality fodder for the antique dealer (no shortage of crappy stuff I could sell it, but that's kinda a waste of effort and some of the other good stuff I could sell it I'm not sure if I should want to - i.e. SoK level 2 is coming up soon potentially via beta spoilers, maybe I *don't* want to dump my SoKs to the antique dealer).