• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

GE

ahsay

It was my understanding that GE provides more for guild leveling than any else you can do on FoE. I know I've read that more than once but can't seem to find any link.

After over a month of discussion I got someone that now says they think GE is "mainly" for personal gain.

DeletedUser32348

wrong. "GE provides more for guild levelling"
Infact, GvG provides more for Guild Levelling than GE. GvG can only be played in Browser mode.
GE only produces little crowns when compared to GE (depends on how many sectors ur guild holds in particular age)
the Crown production rate can be increased if ur guild managess to get top #3 in GE.

ahsay

Wrong...but you have no evidence to back your claim. What are "little crowns"? All crowns are the same.

You have to look at both in a bang vs buck manner, so before you declare a definitive "wrong"...lets see some math?

DeletedUser26965

I think the reality as it has played out generally for top guilds is it's HoF's that give them the most then GvG then GE. Really in the end though theoretically speaking any one of these can be more powerful than the other because it's all dependant on the obvious; how many HoF's does the guild have, do they get motivated and collected daily and what ages are they, for GE pretty much the same, how many players of what ages doing how many encounters and championships, GvG, obvious, how many sectors, what ages and power for each sector.

It's been a long time since I ran the numbers for my guild so all I can say is what I started with, HoF was like 70% of our daily power, GvG was like 20% and and GE was like 10%. When we lost a lot of GvG then GvG and GE like equaled out. Then again we're not a top guild in GE but we are the #3 guild in level now and at the time I calculated guild power we were #4 on the ranking board.

Now of course a brand new guild made up of brand new players on an older world GE is obviously their most powerful and easily reachable source for power so perhaps this is where the sentiment and stress for GE as it relates to guild power comes from. But you get one player in OF with 10 HoF's in that same guild and that one player will provide more power than the whole guild can doing GE.

ahsay

Thanks sloppy. We just had this topic about a year ago(?) and the consensus then was GE was king. The studious types had links to all kinds of numbers. Maybe things have changed,

This is a new guild only 6 months old. We have about 10 sectors in 3 ages. We rarely finish in first but we dominate second, weekly in GE. We've just opened level 4 and no one can seem to agree if that's a good thing or a bad thing.

I'd love to have level 4 open but I'm not sure it's for the best. My personal opinion is that we should allocate those resources to GvG but we don't have many fighters.

DeletedUser26965

Thanks sloppy. We just had this topic about a year ago(?) and the consensus then was GE was king. The studious types had links to all kinds of numbers. Maybe things have changed,
Well, like I mentioned it's all relative as to what ya have. As far as the numbers go you have to figure that out for yourself really and they don't make it easy to figure it out either, wish they would change that by giving a more detailed account of how much power came from what source each day but unfortunately they don't provide that, they just give the daily total in the GvG Event Log of all places lol.

So the information is in game, sort of, and this is how I do it. When GE ends and calculation is done write down how much it gave. Then go to each one of your GvG provinces, click on Map Ranking and it will tell you how much daily power you get. Get the total for all your provinces. While there go to the Event Log and get the total power for that day, make sure it's after the final GE calc which is Monday 8pm EST but before the next day calc. Add the GE and GvG together, subtract from total and the remaining power is from HoF's and possibly other minor special building sources.

I used to keep track of how many HoF's the guild has, and the ages but that just gives you a theoretical number range so not terribly useful to do for accuracy in accounting purposes.

Perhaps maybe you might be thinking of my guide is where maybe you ran into some numbers before Understanding Guild Power, Guild Level, Guild Global Rank, Prestige, Crowns. In there I do say GE can be the overpowered one but that's just theoretical, as I mentioned HoF's become the dominant power source for a guild as they age but GE is the quickest and easiest to access than HoF's and GvG.

Oh, and just for the heck of it I ran though all the GvG provinces and took note of how much guild power each number one spot was giving, this of course can change from day to day, world to world. It came out to 31,203 guild power, that's 218,421 guild power per week. Not sure what GE would be for a theoretical 80 man all OF guild all doing 64/64. A motivated OF HoF is 470 so a guild would need 67 of those to equal all the top GvG spots but again this is all just theoretical.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser30900

GE lv4 is the only part that you can consider personal gain. The first 3 levels offers you nothing but units and a little FPs, maybe sometimes diamond if you are lucky.

DeletedUser26965

After over a month of discussion I got someone that now says they think GE is "mainly" for personal gain.
GE started out with the stated intention of giving mobile players something to contribute to the guild.
"The primary reason is the fact that we were missing a cooperative feature in our mobile apps, so people playing only on mobile could never really enjoy the great feeling of reaching a common goal. We decided that this should be changed"
Guild Expeditions

Unfortunately right from the start players were more concerned what they get for themselves and so IG accommodated over time adding ToR, GE4 and better prizes. So now people think GE is really just a solo game within a guild rather than something that it is supposed to be and what it was intended to do, pretty sad actually.

DeletedUser32906

The team I’m in focuses on the Expedition being we’re all mobile players. I don’t know about points but it’s a great team building exercise for us every week. We have a lot of fun in it and as others have gotten their Volcano it Was something to celebrate between members. We look forward to it weekly and love to follow the standings as we play against other great guilds that push

ahsay

Thank you sloppy. It could be you're the one responsible and people were quoting your post.

The math was pretty detailed though and they made a great case for GE. The basic premise was unless you're finishing in the top three, GvG, in the ages you're in, they were about equal in points but when you add the goods costs to gain that ranking and the possibility of having to protect those GvG sectors GE easily outpaces GvG.

The other thing to consider was the time and effort to accomplish both. GvG is a group effort...GE is an individual effort, much easier to do GE.

The point our guild is stuck on is...does opening up level 4 makes sense. I say no but unless people can see the actual loss of treasury goods...it simply wont hit home.

DeletedUser

The point our guild is stuck on is...does opening up level 4 makes sense. I say no but unless people can see the actual loss of treasury goods...it simply wont hit home.
Yes, opening level 4 makes sense for multiple reasons, both personal and guild. And if you are worried about the Treasury goods cost, there's something wrong in your guild. First of all, if you want the 25%, 15%, or even the 10% bonus in Guild Power Points for the week, you're going to be much, much more likely to get one of them if you open level 4. (And have some members clear at least part of it, obviously.) And that extra % is huge. Our guild on Y gets at least an extra 1500 GPP/week because of that. Bigger guilds with higher level members will dwarf that number. For the members, level 4 is where the Diamonds are. Many of the Diamond farmers I know now concentrate on GE level 4 rather than WWs or FoYs, because it's a more reliable, steadier stream of Diamonds. You also get really nice items like Terrace Farms and Reno Kits at the end, usually. Now, all that being said, you don't just go willy-nilly into GE level 4 and succeed. It takes preparation. If you're going to battle it through, you have to really work on your attack boost, and it gets significantly harder as you age up. If you're going to negotiate it, you need to have a good supply of all 5 goods from both your current age and the previous one. And either way you try to do it, you need to have a fully upgraded Tavern and good list of friends who regularly sit their, because the attack boost for fighters and the extra turn boost for negotiators are both a must have for level 4 of GE.

DeletedUser31592

GE CAN help level a guild quickly, but it isn't guaranteed to do so.

A casual guild, with few or no GE requirements, will likely have fairly low participation and the percent completed will be fairly low. Since not everyone is acquiring the guild power, and few going far into the GE, the guild won't earn a whole lot. Achieving 1st, 2nd, or 3rd place will be rare. As Stephen mentioned, 1st, 2nd, and 3rd come with a reward kicker. A casual guild is not going to get much growth from the GE.

A guild serious about GE, with strict GE requirements, will gain a lot of guild power from GE. Many members will consistently complete all 64 encounters, maximizing the guild power gained. Everyone will contribute something as they usually have strict minimums. Since they will consistently take 1st or 2nd, and at worst 3rd a few times, they will receive the reward boost regularly, multiplying their already significant guild power earnings. A GE-serious guild will grow quickly due to the GE.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser29726

Hall of Fames in a high age player's city are definitely the highest potential for levelling a guild. Of course the benefits of a levelled guild are pretty much nonexistent to a highly developed player so on some level it's a waste of space - most high age players have 'a few' for the good of the guild and if you have a lot of those high age players it's likely the biggest contributor to gaining levels.

GvG power gain is based on how much land you can hold onto and is the only source for prestige (ranking) other than the small sum that comes from your level. Small guilds with active fighters can still hold significant tracts of land at any given point of time and as such this could be their biggest source of guild power.

GE power gain is based on relatively speaking how many GE-active high age players that guild has. Guilds of inactive players, guilds of lower age players and guilds that aren't very big in member count will not gain power very fast from GE. It is however the only source of guild power gain that comes paired with an individual benefit - so in that way it's 'the best'. Individuals aren't wasting their resources for the good of the guild, they're spending them for their own benefit, and the guild benefits too.

Czari

I honestly don't know the answer to this question but I've noticed, at least in D world, that the top 5 ranking guilds (and maybe top 10 but top 5 for sure) all hold a LOT of territory on the GvG map. I've been a member of three of the top 10 guilds on this server and all of them also have a minimum number of GE encounters mandated per week. Those who don't meet that amount are promptly removed on Monday. Apparently both GvG and GE are important re: guild power/ranking but no idea which is more important, if they're equal, etc.

DeletedUser26965

I honestly don't know the answer to this question but I've noticed, at least in D world, that the top 5 ranking guilds (and maybe top 10 but top 5 for sure) all hold a LOT of territory on the GvG map. I've been a member of three of the top 10 guilds on this server and all of them also have a minimum number of GE encounters mandated per week. Those who don't meet that amount are promptly removed on Monday. Apparently both GvG and GE are important re: guild power/ranking but no idea which is more important, if they're equal, etc.
It's not just D world it's every world. No guild seriously looking to be in the top is going to be a casual guild. Even semi casual doesn't work very well. So if your goal is to be at the top, GvG is the only avenue. GE and HoF's just help gain guild levels faster.

Agent327

What? The primary purpose of GE is for mobile users to be a contributor to the guild, that means getting guild power from it for leveling the guild, which means rank as well.

Prestige means rank, not power. Levelling up a guild is only a very small part of that. A guild with only mobile players will never make it to the top of the ranking.

'Never' implies impossible. It's highly unlikely, but not impossible. Don't use absolutes unless you implement the rules. Shows a fundamental inability to grasp reality.