• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

General Observation

Rock Python

I have noticed that there are a lot of negative folks that post cute quips to support their dislike of ideas posted by other players. My guess is that cute quote quippers think they are being savy and giving sage advice, especially when they haven't given any valid reasons for their dislike of an idea. Sure the OP may have miss named something, but someone who is willing to consider new ideas would ask questions and not be so quick to "cancel" a new idea.

Secondly many of the negative folks who pounce on others trying call out some defective character trait, and counter the idea with that cute quip, are making some assumptions about the OP. Those assumptions are most always wrong, and do nothing to advance game play or anything else. Burning down is easy building on new ideas is harder. Now for all the negatives out there try the later!

Agent327

Mod observation.

I have noticed that many reactions to new ideas are sparked by the fact that the poster of the idea doesn't really bother to check on how you are supposed to post an idea. Sometimes even worse,they are posting an idea they think is brand new, but in fact has already been posted numerous times.

It works both ways.

Plain Red Justice

So what is the idea in question? Sure there are a lot of active trolls in here that shuts down actually good ideas but it still depends on its contents

DevaCat

The posts I am talking about are meant to shut down conversation, not engage in it. If the OP has not used the correct "format" then simply state that so corrections can be made.

And yes the idea was researched.
I looked in the Ideas section, at Unformatted ideas. Are you talking about your Sept 10 idea, in which you were told by the mod to put in a poll, which you didn't do, the one moved to Unformatted the next day?

Now one might argue that you could have been given a bit more time to respond (by putting up a poll) before it was moved. How much time one has to do so is apparently a mystery known only by the mods, and it's not a thing I'm interested in delving into. But I do think that if someone ignores the How To Post rules it is not unreasonable for a mod to move it to "Unformatted" without comment. If someone can't be bothered to read the procedures, why should they expect a mod to bother repeating them? In your case, you were told to put in a poll, which would have solved your "format" problem. No further mod commentary was required imho.

To paraphrase, your Idea was that, since you couldn't do the visit 45 friends taverns task because you had to depend on other people and your friends couldn't be relied on to clear their tables "for days", that you should not have any tasks presented to you which would require the actions of others for completion. I.e. Remove the visit 45 tavern quest. That about it? I didn't see any quips or one-liners meant to shut down conversation. Conversation might still be taking place had you bothered to put up a poll.

Btw, it was a bad idea and the mod could simply have said "dnsl" and immediately shut it down. (Idea meant to make the game easier). Oh, you missed that thread too?

Kranyar the Mysterious

The main issue I see is people who've been playing for a couple of weeks arguing with players who've been playing for years. They also post too much and don't read nearly enough. Then, they come up with ideas and opinions about features they don't really understand yet.
Or they create forum accounts simply to vent, not realizing that the only people who see their posts are other players, and that no one who works on the game will ever see their rant.

Or they rant to Support who tells them to come here, knowing full well that they just gave the ultimate brush off to an unwitting victim, since posting here like they are told is Support's version of the round file system. Even worse is that what Support tells them to post here is often on the "Do Not Suggest List", and of course the person posts here without so much as a cursory search to see if it has ever been posted before, or if it is even allowed.

Vger

To paraphrase, your Idea was that, since you couldn't do the visit 45 friends taverns task because you had to depend on other people and your friends couldn't be relied on to clear their tables "for days", that you should not have any tasks presented to you which would require the actions of others for completion. I.e. Remove the visit 45 tavern quest. That about it?
Oh. This is about that idea? I replied to that.
I don't think I used any "cute quips", nor did I think I was "being savy and giving sage advice." I didn't say anything original, just repeating conventional wisdom about the tavern visit DC.

To the OP: What kind of reaction were you expecting? Did you expect us all to jump in and say Yeah, Yeah, those tavern DC's are awful! INNO needs to fix it now?
Sorry, but when you say: "Simply eliminates Daily quest requests that are not able to be completed within the time allotted." to a room full of people that complete those daily quests in the time allotted all the time, you simply aren't going to get much support.

Instead of posting an idea, how about posting a question? Hey, I'm having trouble finishing the visit friends tavern DC. How do people accomplish that, it seems impossible?" Do that and you might notice a lot of positive folks will post helpful advice.

Lady Gato

Perhaps OP was referring to me. My answer was short -- I too had the same quest he was talking about and had finished it in a few hours. You've got to admit my avatar is pretty cute. :p Daily challenges are meant to be a challenge and some of them I cannot or chose not to complete.

DevaCat

Perhaps OP was referring to me. My answer was short -- I too had the same quest he was talking about and had finished it in a few hours. You've got to admit my avatar is pretty cute. :p Daily challenges are meant to be a challenge and some of them I cannot or chose not to complete.
Our favorite well-known dish? Making a cute quip? :D Maybe the op is talking about other posts he's seen, I could be mistaken about what he's talking about. I agree about the Daily, sometimes it's a pita and not worth the bother. We don't have to do them all.

I haven't seen any good pouncing to call out defective character traits in a while. I think most of us have been pretty well behaved lately. Myself, I'm trying to be a kinder gentler poster (though some no doubt will question my success).

Emberguard

Search is your friend
You could be too ;D

Or they rant to Support who tells them to come here, knowing full well that they just gave the ultimate brush off to an unwitting victim
No, Support doesn't keep track of the forums. It's a separate team. Unless they are or have been a forum moderator or are a forum regular they're not going to know which ideas will or won't be eligible to suggest. We send players to the forums because we rely on the forum team to handle that aspect. If support has to look through every idea and do the paperwork for it then it'd increase the response time for things that actually need to go through the ingame support team. Aside from which part of procedure is to provide the player with links to the DNSL and Proposal Guidelines.

Last edited:

Kranyar the Mysterious

No, Support doesn't keep track of the forums. It's a separate team. Unless they are or have been a forum moderator or are a forum regular they're not going to know which ideas will or won't be eligible to suggest. We send players to the forums because we rely on the forum team to handle that aspect. If support has to look through every idea and do the paperwork for it then it'd increase the response time for things that actually need to go through the ingame support team. Aside from which part of procedure is to provide the player with links to the DNSL and Proposal Guidelines.
I stand corrected. I was going by personal experience both with support and here on the forums. It makes perfect sense that Inno Support would have absolutely no clue about how the forums function.