• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Genghis Khan Historical Questline Feedback

• Thread starter DeletedUser4770
  • Start date

DeletedUser4770

We value your feedback greatly, so don't forget to comment here about the Genghis Khan Questline!!
Your Forge of Empires Team

DeletedUser28898

Love the new Botanical Rotunda building and look forward to this questline.
On another note...would very much like to see something extra cool for Halloween...say maybe an updated version of the Black Tower with tiny dragons that fly out instead of bats

Kranyar the Mysterious

Yippee, another inventory place holder!

I look forward to the event, just wish the building wasn't so weak that I'll likely never build it. At least there is a cool portrait.

edit - just noticed that the bonus has been changed from defense (on beta) to attack. This is a definite improvement, but still not sure if 5 attk bonus is worth 9 spaces in IA, maybe one to hold onto until later ages.

Last edited:

Jern2017

Glad they changed its boost from defense to attack. I was not planning on finishing it before the change.

7% attack in my age at a 3x3 size seems good. Can't wait!

DeletedUser31592

Yippee, another inventory place holder!

I look forward to the event, just wish the building wasn't so weak that I'll likely never build it. At least there is a cool portrait.

edit - just noticed that the bonus has been changed from defense (on beta) to attack. This is a definite improvement, but still not sure if 5 attk bonus is worth 9 spaces in IA, maybe one to hold onto until later ages.

This HQL was supposed to be in June or July. They held it up, and several others, due to the poor response for the building. Not sure why it took so long, but they eventually fixed it.

DeletedUser2501

When Genghis Khan rides around the city on his horse, am I alone in wanting him to be ambushing Roman citizens while he's at it?

Zolta

Well its about time it ran in Oct. on the test servers sadly they took so long that the system deleted my message to my guild that had all the quests in it.

DeletedUser27889

@Panacea thanks for posting that concept art. Is there anyway to see it for some of the others? Van Gogh for instance? I always squint and zoom trying to see him in my city, it would be awesome to see the blown up visuals that were made like you posted.

7% attack for a 3x3 seems pretty good to me, much better than defense it gave before and also makes sense considering the person.

DeletedUser23211

Got a pop up saying the questline started about an hour ago. But there is still no questline. Ah well, bugs happen.

DeletedUser36017

Yes, when will this thing actually start? I had the pop up too, and even reloaded a few times since then, but...nothing.

DeletedUser23088

I also loaded the game and saw a pop up about the Genghis Khan event with the usual "Play now" button, but nothing has come up as a side quest or anywhere else for that matter. I reloaded (I'm in PC mode) and there is no side quest and the message did not appear again. I'm in MK and Uceria on US servers.

DeletedUser36383

I got a pop-up when I was in the middle of a battle. I figured it can wait the 5 minutes until I'm finished, but no: apparently there's nothing behind it. Did it start? Do you only get one shot at joining and if you don't take it immediately, you're out? What's going on?

DeletedUser34800

Quest 7: Scout a province or acquire 3 sectors.

I thought Inno Games had stopped adding these forced C-Map progression quests in their events, but I guess they put them back in. Fall event had one as well.

Oh well, guess I am done with the event. This prize isn't worth a forced C-Map progression. Fall event? Okay, yeah. I got a Mill of Fall and 2 maxed Cider Mills. Worth progressing that quest line for the ingredients for prizes. This Historical Event reward is not worth it.

My feedback: take those forced C-Map quests back out Inno, or at least make the prizes worth the forced push. I enjoy playing all the events that are released, and I have finished every single one so far since I started playing, except this one. Bummer.

DeletedUser32389

My feedback: take those forced C-Map quests back out Inno, or at least make the prizes worth the forced push. I enjoy playing all the events that are released, and I have finished every single one so far since I started playing, except this one. Bummer.
And...
This Historical Event reward is not worth it.
Sounds like you made your choice.
Makes sense to me. It's a +9 attack (FE) which is generally what campers are trying to do (increase attack / great buildings) This makes it into a choice you have to make, otherwise these events are straight up gimmies. I completed this entire event in less than half an hour because I already had a scout finished and waiting...
I see your point, but I'm saying that's one of the only real challenges, everything else is just really easy.

DeletedUser34800

Indeed, I made my choice, as stated. I just don't think this prize is worth it.

To me, C-Map is a finite resource. Since I'm not just sprinting into the VF and finishing all of the VF C-Map to make these quests auto complete, I need to make decisions on how I spend my remaining amount of C-Map.

As I said, Mill of Fall was worth it. Big events are, in my opinion. A little side event, eh, not gonna bother.

I do find it strange that Inno decided to put the forced progression quests back in though. If it was a big enough of an issue that they felt they needed to remove them, I'm not sure why they think those players would be okay with them adding them back in.

DeletedUser32389

I imagine it's because they've added VF. What age are you in? I'm in FE and well into the AF map so I'm sure my views are different given my amount of runway. I completely agree that I would be bummed if I was trapped at the top and couldn't do the historical quests. You can't argue that it's a problem of the few, but you also can't argue that those few represent the core of Inno's customers.