• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Georgia Guidstones

DeletedUser

I would like to hear what your thoughts are on the Georgia Guidestones.?
is this world overpopulated and how long can we support a population of 7 billion?

1.Maintain humanity under 500,000,000 in perpetual balance with nature.
2.Guide reproduction wisely — improving fitness and diversity.
3.Unite humanity with a living new language.
4.Rule passion — faith — tradition — and all things with tempered reason.
5.Protect people and nations with fair laws and just courts.
6.Let all nations rule internally resolving external disputes in a world court.
7.Avoid petty laws and useless officials.
8.Balance personal rights with social duties.
9.Prize truth — beauty — love — seeking harmony with the infinite.
10.Be not a cancer on the earth — Leave room for nature — Leave room for nature.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser34

I think they are unrealistic and kooky as a georgia peach

DeletedUser

i think that it makes sense i mean not realistic but it would be nice if we lived by these rules

DeletedUser

i think that it makes sense i mean not realistic but it would be nice if we lived by these rules
People do try to come as close as realistically possible, we call them liberals
emoticon-0143-smirk.gif

DeletedUser34

I think they aren't even close to realistic and I will tell you why. My replies are in your quote in bold Italic.
How are you going to do that? Demand a birthing limit like China? I don't think that will go over so well.
ok, I could go so many places here, but I am trying to stay infraction free in this forum. Guide reproduction wisely? It goes back to are we going to demand only certain people have certain amount of babies? And considering the obesity epidemic in America anyone wanting to "reproduce" for fitness and diversity, would result in a population boom such as rabbits
What does this have to do with anything?
Who is to judge reason? And above that, who are you to tell me my freedom to be ill tempered isn't my right.
Which law would you choose?
yeah the united nations works so well.....
So stop electing idiots
Over my dead republican NRA spouting religious right winged body
Good luck with that, the concept of a higher being is impossible to many, can you get any more infinate than that?
10.Be not a cancer on the earth — Leave room for nature — Leave room for nature.
Everyone and everything leaves a carbon footprint, but a perfect example would be waste. Recycle...great, you know how much waste a hospital uses? And THAT CAN'T be recycled.
I find that without realism, it is pointless. If I wanted fantasy, I'd wish for sci-fi :D
People do try to come as close as realistically possible, we call them liberals
emoticon-0143-smirk.gif
Well if the above stone is considered reasonable, no wonder liberals are so kooked out. I bet some genius was eating space cakes when they did that. You should google Stanley Marsh....a perfect example of the type of person that put those up :p

DeletedUser34

hahahahahha, only for liberals, and they are usually well, better be nice :D
my personal favorite was
I mean REALLY?

I see a mom with 10 kids and 10 dads, struggling to feed them, and I asked her what the heck was she thinking....
She replied she was improving fitness and diversity :blink:

(disclosure, I really did ask my sister after reading this. Though she has 12 kids from 2 dads. But in the laughing the 10 dads was added because it was hilarious.

DeletedUser

To the heart of the question (7 billion people on the planet)..... The earth has about 57.5 million square miles of land mass, 29.2 percent of the planet. Let us say that all of it is rich top soil and a perfect climate (far from it tho in reality). 57.5 million divided 7 billion is 0.0082 square miles per person. It is clear that there is just enough planet to meet the demands of the growing population. Is the answer for the liberals to try yet again to come to the rescue? I do not think so. The planet (nature) has it ways and will sort it out. Give it time and there will be some plague or HUGE natural disaster to solve the problem. The earth was here before people and will be here after people. It has a way of resetting itself and ALWAYS wins in the end.

DeletedUser

To the heart of the question (7 billion people on the planet)..... The earth has about 57.5 million square miles of land mass, 29.2 percent of the planet. Let us say that all of it is rich top soil and a perfect climate (far from it tho in reality). 57.5 million divided 7 billion is 0.0082 square miles per person. It is clear that there is just enough planet to meet the demands of the growing population. Is the answer for the liberals to try yet again to come to the rescue? I do not think so. The planet (nature) has it ways and will sort it out. Give it time and there will be some plague of HUGE natural disaster to solve the problem. The earth was here before people and will be here after people. It has a way of resetting itself and ALWAYS wins in the end.

Source pls?

DeletedUser

A cook county public school education. lol and if you can not trust a public school then what can you trust. :huh:

DeletedUser

10.Be not a cancer on the earth — Leave room for nature — Leave room for nature

I think that those views are idealistic and un-realistic... But that's not necessarily a bad thing.
I am not happy with the world as it is... We are not yet overpopulated but we will reach that point...

What can we actually do though? As has been already been stated, people won't take too kindly to being told how many children they can have or who can have children for that matter but then they certainly won't like having land taken from them so as to provide for the ever growing population.

We will reach a tipping point. Either the world governments will take charge and just do what is needed and risk not being very popular or they won't and the world will turn to chaos.

What do I think is necessary?
I think that in the future there will have to be a limit on the number of children a family have.
When it gets REALLY bad (15bn +) I believe we will have to be rationed, people are protesting against the GM crops that would help sustain us.
And yes, i do believe that certain people shouldn't be allowed to have children, in the very distant past people with a significantly lower intelligence would be killed off and their genese would be removed from the gene pool. As it is, they don't die, they are able to reproduce... and what's the result? I have a family living down the road in a count house, they are given this for free. They had a baby 2 years ago.. and then another the year after and now another. They're now moving out into a larger house.

The intelligent people who go to university and get well paid jobs tend to have fewer children as they are busy focusing on their careers for longer and some may not have children until their early 40s at which point they can't really have many!
They will then be able to pay for thier children to go to private schools and then to go to good universities and these people in turn will get degrees etc etc. Before it is said, obviously there are plenty of people who go to state funded schools and end up with good degrees etc just as there are plenty of successful people who don't even go to university, I am making a generalisation here folks... sorry.

Anyway, im going OT...

Back on topic- I don't think we are over populated, but we're getting there and the world governments must act. The points in the OP are good but I doubt any government will do any of them for fear of loosing popularity and being voted out.

DeletedUser34

by your logic Narwhal, my daughter who had learning disabilities would have been killed off, and my granddaughter who was born at 35 weeks and had breathing issues would have been killed off. I dare any moron to tell me my daughter and granddaughter need to die in this proposed logic. We allow drugs on our streets, (and I am not referring to illegal drugs) I refer to things like bath salts....we allow freaks and pedophiles on the street, but you'd kill a mentally challenged child?
I guess there are filters on this forum :D

DeletedUser

Obviously I wouldn't and i have a good friend who has autism.
But what I am saying is that when the situation gets very bad, the governments of the world will have to resort to drastic measures to counter the problem. That is unavoidable IMO. I'm not saying i'd like to see it happen, but as i believe you said in another thread somewhere, i'd rather people were realistic then optimistic.
Realistically, nothing is going to happen now just like nothing is being done at global warming because the people in power are either too scared to admit that there is a big problem or they cannot do anything about it because their hands are tied by the democratic ways of the country. No-one will admit that we have an issue until every the world reaches breaking point. Then they will have no choice but to react is a drastic and probably un-popular way.

DeletedUser

Obviously I wouldn't and i have a good friend who has autism.
But what I am saying is that when the situation gets very bad, the governments of the world will have to resort to drastic measures to counter the problem. That is unavoidable IMO. I'm not saying i'd like to see it happen, but as i believe you said in another thread somewhere, i'd rather people were realistic then optimistic.
Realistically, nothing is going to happen now just like nothing is being done at global warming because the people in power are either too scared to admit that there is a big problem or they cannot do anything about it because their hands are tied by the democratic ways of the country. No-one will admit that we have an issue until every the world reaches breaking point. Then they will have no choice but to react is a drastic and probably un-popular way.

Source pls?

DeletedUser

I didn't give any numerical facts or anything, how could i have provided a source for that? :blink:
Anyhow, I agree with Dom. You tell me to stop spamming and then go and post useless posts again and again.
Anyone going to reply to my post though? :p

DeletedUser

You cannot make baseless claims and assume them to be fact without citing evidence.

DeletedUser34

seriously Jarp? He did no such thing. He stated an opinion (the "IMO") and claimed nothing as fact, therefore, he doesn't have to cite anything. And besides the point, your not contributing to the topic but rather being a "cite nazi" which is unproductive...so stop. Secondly, both of the items that your griping about "cites" on, are common rational sense, not necessarily agreed with, but a logical leap. In short Jarp...stuff it already.

I will reply to narwhal later. I am going walking.

DeletedUser

Population grows geometrically, food grows arithmetically. It's been known for centuries, and yet there are some who reject it simply because they think they know better. Take for example the Duggars, who have 19 kids and have said, "the idea of overpopulation is not accurate because, really, the entire population of the world, if they were stretched shoulder to shoulder, could fit within the city limits of Jacksonville."

The problem is that there are idiots and loudmouths who overshadow scientists and facts. Even global warming. Just the fact that there are so many people who believe it is a controversy or a lie tells you that we are not going to make it. How is it that in an age where information is at our fingertips, it is harder than ever to get information into peoples' heads?

DeletedUser

You are never going to get it into peoples heads. To debate something is one thing. To go beyond that is another. It must be nice for so many people to be perfect. For their lives to be without flaws, that they have all this free time to now make others lives perfect as well (liberals). The sun will burn out. The moon is getting farther away each year. The core is cooling and we will lose our magnetic field. Much shorter terms... we live on an active planet that cycles itself with extreme heat and cold. There is no limit to the doom and gloom that faces mankind.

The people trying to solve problems (where you would have to be God to do so) are not the smart people. The ones enjoying life, while it is here to be enjoyed are. 100 years from now who is gonna care about anything that we said? They will be coming out with a new movie "2112 When the world ends" cuz some other ancient calendar predicted it.