• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Get rid of guild player titles

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser32916

I propose we get rid of the title system in guild like where people put leader and stuff like that

DeletedUser40495

Uhhhh.... why?

You don’t think guilds should have any structure?

C’mon, maybe certain guilds would want a system where leadership is more evenly distributed, but if that’s the case just give equal rights to everyone who joins.

But for most guilds having some sort of structured leadership is what enables them to function properly. This proposal sort of undermines that don’t you think? Just one example would be if new members automatically got rights to kick other guild members. Could you imagine if someone decided to just be a jerk and sabotage an entire guild this way?

Obviously a big -1 from me. Guilds need leadership to be productive and function properly (just like any government or business corporation). If you ever want to start a guild and give all members equal rights go ahead (nothing is stopping you), but please refrain from proposing ideas that would be detrimental to just about everyone who plays this game. That’s pretty selfish if you ask me, and nobody has time for that.

Godly Luke

The op means titles. upload_2019-7-26_22-45-22.png
upload_2019-7-26_22-46-34.png
(05 Council is yet another SCP reference)
Anyways, -1, I love my titles, only recently got them! I would hate to see them go!

Super Catanian

Anyways, -1, I love my titles, only recently got them! I would hate to see them go!
I feel the same way, and many players will agree. They kind of make up who we are, besides our usernames, and it makes the relationships between Guild members more intimate. A Guild that knows it's members and how to cooperate is sure to prosper, right?
In fact, these titles kind of have to do with a player's job within a Guild. Let's say that someone is looking to join a Guild where you must be invited. A player, when entering into a Guild that they're not a part of, cannot see where each Guild member stands (their rights). So they rely on the titles. When they see a player whose title goes along the lines of "Inviter", that is a green flag that they're the one you need to talk to. And this isn't the only example, either.

DeletedUser

I propose we get rid of the title system in guild like where people put leader and stuff like that
You need to specify exactly what you're talking about. We have a pretty good idea, but it isn't clear from this one sentence. You also need to put in some reasoning on why you want this change. For now I'm going to move this to Forge Hall until the proposed idea is made clearer and the reason for it is explained.

Emberguard

I think he is referring to titles that can be given to each member, not to guild permissions. Titles don't provide structure. (Although I could be completely wrong about what the OP means.)
They provide indirect structure.

Those applying to the guild don't see who has which position. They do see the tags which would inform them who best to contact. Within the guild it also allows a easy to access list for the guild members themselves of who to contact for what problem or give admin rights to which threads

Lancer

If I was to make my opinion known it would be a " -1" by far from me. As mentioned above, most guilds benefit greatly from assigning titles to some or all of their members. It provides structure and usually means they are a dedicated group. Regardless of whether the titles are from gaining additional privileges or not.

Last edited:

DeletedUser28147

-1 Think about it more as you become more experienced in the game and you will understand better why sometimes titles are necessary.

Lannister the Rich

Do you want this because your guild leaders haven’t given you one?

Some guilds don’t give titles but rather have text that identifies what each player brings to the table.

DeletedUser32916

Do you want this because your guild leaders haven’t given you one?

Some guilds don’t give titles but rather have text that identifies what each player brings to the table.
I actullay am the founder of a guild

I actullay am the founder of a guild
In f world and the guild is called the royal order

Also i actullay like titles but i think they could be used diffrently like have preset titles you can make then you just click promote and you can set the rights for that title

-1 Think about it more as you become more experienced in the game and you will understand better why sometimes titles are necessary.
i have played the game for 2 years and i am in PME

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.