• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Guide] Get your first two great buildings in less than a month

DeletedUser38766

Hey Banana, as for GB's BP's. Each RC you complete gives you a chance to get some BP's that are in your age only. So for Bronze, you could get Babel or Zeus prints. If you keep working the events quests you'll get all the prints for Oracle (a decent one to have at the beginning cuz of the supplies and happiness). As you age up, then you will have access to getting BP's from those GB's from that age plus the ages before. So in Iron Age you could get LOA, Coleseum, Zeus, and Babel prints. You can start getting higher age BP's when you aid higher level players, hence why I was able to get CDM, the Arc, etc so early. Hope this helps. Good luck!
Does that mean that once I build zeus and babel, I should go to IA since it's more efficient to level up GBs in IA than in BA?

DeletedUser

Does that mean that once I build zeus and babel, I should go to IA since it's more efficient to level up GBs in IA than in BA?
Solely based on that criteria, the answer would be yes. However, any decision to move up in era should be made in light of the entirety of your game play preferences, not just on one.

DeletedUser38766

Fair enough, but I would like to know if there are any other cons to going up to IA besides the one I mentioned. I am not entirely sure what my game play preferences are because I haven't experienced much

DeletedUser

Fair enough, but I would like to know if there are any other cons to going up to IA besides the one I mentioned. I am not entirely sure what my game play preferences are because I haven't experienced much
The only other major consideration (for me, anyway) is having a good supply of Bronze Age goods before you move up. You will need them for unlocking tech and for negotiations in GE and on the Continent Map. I would say that having 200-300 of each would be a good benchmark. For succeeding ages/eras, the amount of goods you will want to stockpile before moving up will increase.

DeletedUser38766

The only other major consideration (for me, anyway) is having a good supply of Bronze Age goods before you move up. You will need them for unlocking tech and for negotiations in GE and on the Continent Map. I would say that having 200-300 of each would be a good benchmark. For succeeding ages/eras, the amount of goods you will want to stockpile before moving up will increase.

Thank you very much. I will make sure to rack up a bunch of resources before going to IA then

DeletedUser

Thank you very much. I will make sure to rack up a bunch of resources before going to IA then
I have been playing for almost 4 years, and the biggest regrets I've had after moving up in era have been the times I didn't acquire enough of the lower era goods first.

Lando6

Yeah. You should definitely get at least 1000 BA goods, and you should try to get about 50 or so MFP (Medium Forge Packs). This will help you immensely when you are able to start contributing to other player's GB's in the Iron Age. It's what helped me get a bunch of BP's for the GB"s I really wanted like CDM, HS, Arc, Chateau, etc. Plus by becoming a top contributor to others GB's you will get FP's, medals, and BP's. The medals will come in really handy when you have enough to unlock expansions to expand your city.

RazorbackPirate

Gather enough resources in BA to unlock all of the IA tech (coins, supplies, goods and FPs), and the amount needed to negotiate all of the IA C-Map provinces. This will allow you to move as quickly as you want to the end of the IA tech tree and C-map. Also, keep in mind once you start producing IA goods, you can trade down at 1 IA good for 2 BA good so each 4 hour production in an IA goods building can produce 8 hours of BA goods.

DeletedUser38766

Yeah. You should definitely get at least 1000 BA goods, and you should try to get about 50 or so MFP (Medium Forge Packs). This will help you immensely when you are able to start contributing to other player's GB's in the Iron Age. It's what helped me get a bunch of BP's for the GB"s I really wanted like CDM, HS, Arc, Chateau, etc. Plus by becoming a top contributor to others GB's you will get FP's, medals, and BP's. The medals will come in really handy when you have enough to unlock expansions to expand your city.
I am not sure if 1k is overkill and if 300 would be more than enough. I will need someone else's input on this as well please?
I am trying to gather MFPs now, so far I only have 4, but hopefully I will have 50 MFPs in a week. Should I start spending my medals right away to expand my city or should I save some for later?

Gather enough resources in BA to unlock all of the IA tech (coins, supplies, goods and FPs), and the amount needed to negotiate all of the IA C-Map provinces. This will allow you to move as quickly as you want to the end of the IA tech tree and C-map. Also, keep in mind once you start producing IA goods, you can trade down at 1 IA good for 2 BA good so each 4 hour production in an IA goods building can produce 8 hours of BA goods.
I have been slowly clearing the IA continent while in BA. I intend on clearning just enough to get the expansion provinces and leave the rest for event quests. I don't think I will produce IA goods myself, but will rely on RQs for goods.

DeletedUser36624

Once you take Tyr on the Map & acknowledge that in the Main Story Quest, you will lose the entire RQ slot until you age up to Iron Age (IA).
Wait, what? I know you get more side quests, but can't you just abort them and get the RQ's back?

DeletedUser38090

Wait, what? I know you get more side quests, but can't you just abort them and get the RQ's back?
Yeah, I'm just as confused too. Tyr doesn't open up a bonus questline like the Indy questline. I completed the entire Iron Age map in Bronze and never had any issues with RQs. The reason why you don't conquer Tyr is becasue the BA pvp tower isn't important, and Tyr can become an easy "defeat so-and-so units" quest completer.

DeletedUser38090

I am not sure if 1k is overkill and if 300 would be more than enough. I will need someone else's input on this as well please?
1k is definitely overkill. Ideally you want to land into a guild with a bunch of goods sellers, who have acquired lots of BA goods in trades so you don't have to worry about BA goods, and you can focus on RQing IA goods and trading down for BA goods.
I am trying to gather MFPs now, so far I only have 4, but hopefully I will have 50 MFPs in a week.
One fast way to get MFPs is to do the spearmen slinger RQs. I got 45 FP packs in 4 days from doing that.
Should I start spending my medals right away to expand my city or should I save some for later?
Yes. At this point of the game, that's the only worthy thing to buy with medals. You can get extra attempts for GE and medals for AA GvG, but those are nowhere within the level of play you are at right now.

DeletedUser38766

Thanks Mandy. I am still not sure what the spearmen slinger RQ is, but I guess I will figure it out soon.. I recently started making some slingers so we will see.

DeletedUser13838

There are 2 GBs per age, but you can build any GB from any age at any time, in any age at any time, as many GBs as you want to build.
Not to be pedantic but Oceanic Future and Artic Future each have 3 GBs. Virtual Future has 2 but it was an open question if there'd be another. I suppose it was a rule the developers lived by until they decided to release eras in multiple parts.

DeletedUser38090

Thanks Mandy. I am still not sure what the spearmen slinger RQ is, but I guess I will figure it out soon.. I recently started making some slingers so we will see.
The slinger spearmen RQ shows up only if you have 2 slingers and 2 spearmen, or less of each.

DeletedUser33179

I am sorry, it's not Tyr on the Map that's the problem, it's Hymir. I said Tyr as that's the name that caught my eye in earlier conversations, but just double checked & caught my mistake

The exact trigger for losing or gaining the RQ slots (can be 1-3 of them depending upon Age) is not precisely known for all of them. Many are well known & triggered by just opening a bonus section of the Map. Others won't be triggered unless you're at a certain point in the Main Story line. Yet others seem to be triggered by some combo of the two, with more than 1 possibility it could happen (in later Ages).

Hymir + the Main Story questline is a trigger to lose the BA RQ slot. You can take it. But if you advance the Map + Main Story past it, the BA RQ slot goes away (I don't recall the exact combo/timing, but I've tried it in past & it does happen). Once you advance to IA, the IA Side story questline appears which you can abort through to get to the RQs.

No one really notices it or cares in BA, as most are just looking to get to IA

DeletedUser33179

1k is definitely overkill. Ideally you want to land into a guild with a bunch of goods sellers, who have acquired lots of BA goods in trades so you don't have to worry about BA goods, and you can focus on RQing IA goods and trading down for BA goods.

I very much disagree in recommending that new players essentially ignore amassing enough goods to cover their eventual run through the next Age Map/tech tree & plenty to spare for event quests- instead relying on charity of a guild you're lucky to ever find. If it takes quite awhile to find one (which it will for most folks), you're caught short handed in goods for a time. Can make doing Events more problematic than it needs to be.

Folks need to learn the fundementals, with a little help here/there along the way. Makes them stronger, more intuitive & more self-confident players

You've detailed at length in past posts that at the beginning of your current cities you spent countless hours over many days sending out hundreds of messages to find goods dealers, stumbling upon a couple ones who just gave you those early goods. Your playstyle & time commitment is the exception, not remotely close to normal (even good efficient normal) early play

DeletedUser38090

I very much disagree in recommending that new players essentially ignore amassing enough goods to cover their eventual run through the next Age Map/tech tree

I'm not saying they should ignore storing goods, but if you join a good guild that has many of its members selling goods all the time, you do not have to worry about needing to accumulate Bronze Age goods (and ONLY Bronze Age goods), since those goods sellers are basically stuffed with Bronze Age goods that they received as placeholders for goods trades. But if you plan on going beyond Iron Age, then you will have to worry about this issue, and should follow such rules. I know a couple of HMA campers who struggled through GE negotiations with EMA goods since those are much rarer than BA goods. At their level, they sometimes trade 1:1 HMA to EMA because they have so many HMA goods, and not enough EMA goods.

What I'm saying is that Bronze Age goods are the exception to the "storing goods" rule, since those are used so much more as placeholders for goods trading. I do believe that storing tons of goods is an essential rule to a smooth transition through the ages, but like with many essential rules, you can break the rules under very certain conditions. Heck, you can even break this rule for HMA or other ages if you stumble upon several campers of the previous age and work out a deal.

Rules/guidelines are important, but I think players need to understand why these rules/guidelines are there, and understand when breaking these rules are necessary instead of dogmatically following such rules.

You've detailed at length in past posts that at the beginning of your current cities you spent countless hours over many days sending out hundreds of messages to find goods dealers, stumbling upon a couple ones who just gave you those early goods.
I joined this guild as a happy accident, and had nothing to do with contacting the goods sellers, and then I later realized that at least 5-6 of the players are huge goods sellers and have tons of BA goods in inventory, but I'm certain if you join the highest-ranking guild that accepts new members, you will encounter a similar situation.

Last of all, Bronze Age is a terrible age to sit in for over a week. No GE, GB contributions, PvP, or easy ways to get GBs ahead of your age quickly.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser38766

Last of all, Bronze Age is a terrible age to sit in for over a week. No GE, GB contributions, PvP, or easy ways to get GBs ahead of your age quickly.
I am not sure how far I will get in 1 week, but it does seem like a long time to spend in BA. I have been playing for 2 days now and guild hopping has gotten me a tonn of stuff. I got lots of BPs, but no complete set, which I dislike. I have about 90k coins, but I am low on supplies (I guess I shouldn't have done that many unbirthday quests). The chalets are expensive now that I have unlocked those. But then again, I think once the 24 hour cycle finishes on my helmets, I will be up on supplies again and will be able to finish building more blacksmiths and chalets.

I am sorry, it's not Tyr on the Map that's the problem, it's Hymir. I said Tyr as that's the name that caught my eye in earlier conversations, but just double checked & caught my mistake
I have already cleared hymir and the next one as well (Badakus). I tried fighting my way through Paruuch but lost the battle. I currently have 4 slingers and 4 spears, and that feels like a bad combo, I need to unlock better troops. I did encounter the side quests for IA and I completed those with goods as rewards while skipping the ones that gave coins or supplies and were time consuming to get back to RQ.

I think if there was a way to target BPs for zeus and babel, then it would be much more efficient. I keep on getting higher age BPs which I can't really make use of in BA.