• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Guide] Get your first two great buildings in less than a month

Lando6

Hey Nashtah,
Thanks for your update. I have a few suggestions for you, if you don't mind. I would forgo building Babel and Himeji GB's at first. In the lower levels of play (below Colonial Era), the trifecta of GB's you should strive after is LOA, SMB, and CF. These three are "snowballing" GB's that will boost your coins, supplies, and RC rewards, while giving you more goods than you can use. Other potential GB's to add would be HS and CDM (and maybe Arc). With space being such a premium at lower levels, you don't want to get stuck with a bunch of space guzzling GB's and not have space to build buildings that can accelerate your Recurring Quests. Currently I'm in IA, and will soon jump to EMA after the Archology event. I can do just over 60 RC's with this strategy, which means more goods, supplies, coins, FP's, etc. Give it some thought. I've posted my IA layout, just so you have an idea. IMO, I would keep the Arc, cuz you can get a ton of medals if you strategically place your FP's on the right person's GB's. I've been able to unlock the medals expansions up to 18k so far. FYI, the "Colossus" in my layout is actually the Earth Pagoda. FOE manager doesn't have this on their list yet.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    149.5 KB · Views: 36

DeletedUser23781

Well in one city I caved in and went to IA. Another i stayed in BA twice as long. It was difficult not to add Fps to other’s GBs for the rewards.
But I’m staying in IA longer than I ever did before and just building up all my resources with the RC. And in one city I have ToB and the other I don’t.
Overall the strategy is efficient and works.

Lando6

Awesome. Sounds like you have a good system down. Personally I just cracked the 2 month market in IA. As soon as the Archaeology event is done, I'm gonna move up to EMA for a month or so. I feel like I have all my necessary GB's at a good level (7 plus for LOA, SMB, CF, Arc).

Lando6

So I guess this is more of a 3 month update (92 days to be exact).

I just finished up the Archaeology Event (i.e. World’s Fair), and now I moved on to EMA. In summary I spent 18 days in Bronze and 74 days in Iron Age. I did not add any more GB’s yet besides my “Magnificent 7” (Arc, CF, SMB, LOA, HS, Zeus, CDM). Adding any more just would not outweigh the loss in space and efficiency at this point. I did lay down the Earth Pagoda and the World’s Fair mostly because of FP’s (better ratio per square than SOK’s) and because of extra population (frees up space from deleted houses). I also had an extra expansion or two from medals accumulation.

GB leveling has been in full swing. I was able to find an Arc leveling group recently (highly recommended). I will list out the following buildings and levels if applicable.

Arc: 7
CDM: 7
LOA: 8
CF: 7
SMB: 7
HS: 5
Zeus: 6

I also have 6 Rogues (only two built currently), 10 SoK’s (all built), and 6 WW’s (none built yet). I was also able to amass about 500 FP’s before the jump, so I could unlock all the tech in EMA (except for multistory buildings and all the goods tech, I get enough goods from my CF bonus when doing 60+ recurring quests).

I will probably stay in EMA for a month or so. This should give me time to get all my GBs to level 10 (and even higher for Arc). By my conservative calculations, I believe I can do around 72 recurring quests a day. The big 4 that I focus on are the 2-24 hr productions, gather coins, spend FP’s, and the pivotal UBQ. If I do well with managing things, I think that number could be bumped up to 75-80 by the end of my stint in EMA. I don’t wanna stay too long since I’m projecting I can do around 87 quests a day in HMA (albeit, a lot can happen between now and then to boost that number).

I have taken a hybrid approach of using some of Glarg/Algona’s strategy mentioned in previous pages of this thread (pg. 1 and 3) and have added a twist of Cosmic Raven’s strategy as well, with a few tweaks on my own.

If you have any questions or want to join a great guild on Brisgard, come find us: Alliance of LOD.

Edit: 1 Month Later:
Arc 10, LOA 10, SMB 10, HS 9, CDM 9, CF 7, Zeus.
I thought I'd show my city layout for anyone that is curious. I'll be leaving EMA in about 2 weeks. As soon as I get CF to level 8. P.S. The Colossus is actually my Earth Pagoda (FOE Manager doesn't have it). And the two Alchemists are my two Altar to Athena's (FOE Manager doesn't have it either). And finally, the Drive-In Theater is my World's Fair (FOE Man....oh you get it).
As a side note, with the expansion I was able to do via Medal expansion, I was able to bump my RC's up to 90 a day in EMA. And it looks like I'll be able to do around 100 at the beginning of my HMA stint with about 110 FPs/day. The combo of RC's and my CF has gotten me a ton of goods and a fair amount of FP packs, which come in nicely while leveling GB's. So thanks to Glarg/Algona/Cosmic Raven/HQS cant join forum for all of your insight. It has definitely helped me be a more efficient player and have more fun.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    164 KB · Views: 21
  • Capture1.JPG
    Capture1.JPG
    237.2 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:

Algona

I started a new city as an experiment to see how this Guide has changed due to all the intervening factors changes, and additions to the game in the 2+ years since I last tried, I'll post something inaa while. I've learned a lot in the 5 days since I started.

I don't think anyone has mentioned this before, sorry if I missed it. It seems too good tto not share immediately. Instead of using the find Guild functions in the Socual Bar use:

Global > Global Rankings > Guilds. Click on the Guild name.

This oges a lot faster and you don't have to filter through all those sub 10 member Guilds.

Recommendations regarding this:

Save the top 8-10 level Join enabled Guilds for joining when you collect your Town Hall for max FPs. Write their name and ranking down for future use.

Stay organized, skim the Guilds in order of the rankings, keep track of where you left off so you can resume there.

Have fun with this one.

I'm feeling especially proud that it only took me 26 or so months to dope this out.

Last edited:

Lando6

Hey Algona,
Thanks for posting this. I almost forgot about this guild trick as well. About a week into my new city I thought to myself, "Why don't I just use the Global Guild screen, that way I can go in numerical order and skip all the less than 10 guilds". And I did exactly as you said, I kept the top 10 or so guilds separate so I could cash in or Town Hall FP's. I ended up joining one of them after about 4 weeks of play.

Now I'm to the part when I'm just finishing up my stint in EMA and looking to progress to HMA and start hyper-leveling my Arc now that my crucial GB's are at 10 or close to it (i.e. LOA, SMB, CF).

Last edited:

Algona

Hey Algona,
Thanks for posting this. I almost forgot about this guild trick as well. About a week into my new city I thought to myself, "Why don't I just use the Global Guild screen, that what I can go in numerical order and skip all the less than 10 guilds". And I did exactly as you said, I kept the top 10 or so guilds separate so I could cash in or Town Hall FP's. I ended up joining one of them after about 4 weeks of play.

Yeah, this is sweet. Hit the mother load around the 220 rank mark. 15 Guilds with 40+ members at Guild lvl 13 with another dozen at Guild level 12. Cha-ching!

Next tip: Events have massiveyly upgraded since my last go around, the prizes are much better from the minigames up through the Main Event prize and the Quests are a lot easier.

Keep an eye on every prize, especially the minigame prizes. Everyone can help, some are decisive. 50 FP go a long way in BA and are good for 6 spend 8 FPs. :D

Start your new city just before the start of an Event with enough time to unlock Cultivation. Take a day or two to prep: start trading for IA Goods for Guild donations. Conserve the CMap for battles. Ramp up Tavern nd Friends

Each player will have to balance Event Quests and farming RQs and when to jump to IA according to their goals and what;s fun.

Algona

As always, my thanks to Glarg for inventing and documenting this system.

DO NOT USE THIS ON NEWER WORLDS!

I think a major payoff for extended Guild Hopping is to get advanced Era GB BPs .

Unfortunately the payoff was just awful in W. Compared to my last run through in Rugnir i got less then half the BPs and did not come close on any GB with a max of four on Colonobuildem.

Sigh. I am so gonna miss the boost that having a bunch of advanced Era BPs gives.

----------

Glarg's original Guide and my followup back on page 3 of this thread hold up pretty well. Make sure you understand those before continuing on.

Major changes in the game since I first tried this include Arc uniquity, massive increase in power level of Event prizes, ease and number of Events, DCs, Incidents, PvP moved to late Iron Age, Oracle.

Here's what I would add to my original post:

Best used on older worlds. Advanced Era BPs are easier to find.

Use Guild Rankings to find Guilds for Guild Hopping instead of the Social Bar, see 3 posts up for details. Make sure to hit the Guilds all the way down to 20 members or maybe evena little less at any given Guild level; the smaller Guilds at any given Guild level typically have higher Era players.

Run Oracle up to lvl 4. It will do a 1500 Supply RQ on it's own. Oracle does obviate the original purpose of this Guide, but getting a real GB up and running you will be keeping the rest of the game is still sweet.

Friends a couple lvl 80 Archolders to help you power up your GBs. You'll save days of self leveling.

Start just before an Event. The minigame, Daily, and Grand Prizes are just too good to not have in a startup city. Stay back on the CMap though, you’ll need the CMap to do all your fighting for the Event. Start trading up for IA Goods (remember those lvl 80 Archolders?) for contribute Goods to Guild Quests. Ramp up your Friends list and Tavern fast. Pay special attention to any FP minigame targets. Save an Upgrade for after you move out of BA.

Color Guard. Picked up a couple in the Event. Damn good unit in BA. Who knew?

SpearSlinger RQs. Do ‘em. Save those 2 free unattached Spearthrowers! Use 1 Spearthrower Camp, 4 Slinger Camps. They can be opened earlier then Blacksmiths and if you get lucky and pick up a couple of unattached Slingers from your Event (I did that). you can do 2 SpearSlingers per hour. Just be careful not to delete the unattached Slingers. I did that, too. Sigh. Even at only 1 per hour, the space used for the 5 barracks produces more RQs then the 10 Blacksmiths can.

Balancing SpearSlinger and 2 Helmet RQs. Make sure you keep a positive flow of Supplies going, back off on UBQs if needed

----------

That's about it. I think this is still a fine fast start technique, but Oy! Older wolrds...

I jumped to IA at the end of the 2019 Soccer Event, I wanted my 2 Altars (yeah, I managed to finish both Questlines and get 2 Athena Altars in two weeks, took every trick in my book!) to be IA. Also picked up 5 SoKs and 250 FP from the Event, was able to buy all but 4 IA techs. Lvl 4 Oracle, lvl 5 Zeus, got BPs for Babel, but not putting it down in this city. About 1500 BA Goods, 100 IA Goods, 200 Inv FPs, 25 BPs.

Found a good Guild to join after GE starts enxt week, looking forward to seeing how developing a new city has changed in two years. I'll post occasional updates. Like, started Viking Settlement 1 today and doing a one man Guild for a practice run in GE this week.

Any questions?

----------

EDIT: June 7, 2020 A long lost treasure found, the genesis of this thread:

A fun read that brings back some wonderful memories.of better times. My second post in that thread is the most significant post I made in my time on the forums. Wonderful timing that it is found now, seems an appropiate swan song. -

Last edited:

DeletedUser40798

I don't think the Guild Hopping concept works anymore... My first guild got me like 4 total BPs, but after that, I went through like 20 of the top 100 Guilds, all ones that had auto-join on, and didn't get anymore BPs...

DreadfulCadillac

I don't think the Guild Hopping concept works anymore... My first guild got me like 4 total BPs, but after that, I went through like 20 of the top 100 Guilds, all ones that had auto-join on, and didn't get anymore BPs...
which world
also are you looping the coin Rq
and what era u in

DevaCat

Patience, Grasshopper. The method takes weeks, not days.

You have something like a 2% chance of getting a print per aid. So getting those four was a run of really good luck. Then you got a long tilt of poor luck. Perverse, isn't it? But it happens.

Give it a chance, and keep at it. It's worked well for my four cities.

DreadfulCadillac

Patience, Grasshopper. The method takes weeks, not days.

You have something like a 2% chance of getting a print per aid. So getting those four was a run of really good luck. Then you got a long tilt of poor luck. Perverse, isn't it? But it happens.

Give it a chance, and keep at it. It's worked well for my four cities.
*its 1% lol*

DevaCat

JT, glad to hear it, that's a great start!

And thanks, LemonCaddy, I knew somebody would clear it up if I got the percent wrong! :p

DeletedUser42613

Can someone explain how to get fp's from your town hall daily bonus? I just get 500g.

Someone mentioned that the rewards from RQ are not actually random but are scripted in a rotation, with one reward in the rotation being a 20 diamond reward. I've gotten that a couple times. Yay! Does anyone know if the random reward rotation is separate for each different RQ or if there's one big rotation for random rewards and every time you complete a RQ you advance to the next reward. The point of my question is whether you'll get more diamond rewards if you are varying the RQs you do (but still doing the same number of RQs).

I am doing the BP farming on two worlds, Parkog (EN) and Birka (US). I have been getting very few advanced BPs on Birka. (I have pieces only of LoA, Col, Aachen and HagSof besides Zeus & Babel, but I got Babel and Zeus faster there than on Parkog, where Babel took forever. On Parkog I have parts of 14 post-BA GBs. So world age definitely makes a difference.

Is there a guide/list somewhere of how old the various worlds are? And their populations (since more players means more to polish, assuming some kind of consistent level of guild participation)

Emberguard

@jerry921 you get the Town Halls output once every 24 hrs.

RQ is completely random in the prizes. Diamonds occur once per RQ (per age). One thing you'll find about this game is a lot of players tin foil about anything random no matter how much evidence there is to prove otherwise.

Is there a guide/list somewhere of how old the various worlds are? And their populations (since more players means more to polish, assuming some kind of consistent level of guild participation)
uhhh..... not sure if there's a better way but two methods come to mind to work this out (roughly)
(1) announcements section - have fun going through every announcement ever made
(2) Home Page Worlds Section - Oldest thread in those sections would give a rough indication of world age

DeletedUser37581

Can someone explain how to get fp's from your town hall daily bonus? I just get 500g.

Someone mentioned that the rewards from RQ are not actually random but are scripted in a rotation, with one reward in the rotation being a 20 diamond reward. I've gotten that a couple times. Yay! Does anyone know if the random reward rotation is separate for each different RQ or if there's one big rotation for random rewards and every time you complete a RQ you advance to the next reward. The point of my question is whether you'll get more diamond rewards if you are varying the RQs you do (but still doing the same number of RQs).

I am doing the BP farming on two worlds, Parkog (EN) and Birka (US). I have been getting very few advanced BPs on Birka. (I have pieces only of LoA, Col, Aachen and HagSof besides Zeus & Babel, but I got Babel and Zeus faster there than on Parkog, where Babel took forever. On Parkog I have parts of 14 post-BA GBs. So world age definitely makes a difference.

Each different quest (spend FPs, gather coins, etc.) for each era will reward diamonds exactly once. After you get diamonds for a particular quest/era, you will get medals instead. The rewards are random with the odds of getting each reward: small coins - 2/14, big coins - 1/14, small supplies - 2/14, big supplies - 1/14, diamonds/medals - 1/14, random BP - 1/14, FPs - 1/14, goods - 5/14 (1/14 for each of the 5 goods).

DeletedUser42613

@jerry921 you get the Town Halls output once every 24 hrs.

Right.

Save the top 8-10 level Join enabled Guilds for joining when you collect your Town Hall for max FPs. Write their name and ranking down for future use.

This is what I don't understand. It implies that when you collect your town hall bonus (once every 24 hours) you can somehow collect FPs as well as gold. How does this work? I've been missing out on this, I've been following the guide for weeks but only just now worked my way to the end of this thread.