• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Guide] Get your first two great buildings in less than a month

Algona

How many of BA goods? I've seen some say 100 each of BA goods; others say 250 each.

I don't know.

There used to be a Guide that listed all the Goods needed for the Tech Tree so I never bothered memorizing it.

It;s in the hundreds of each, I want to say 280? But I don;t remember the exact amount.

What the heck, I got nothing better to do this morning.

Let me do some digging.

Algona

Too flippin funny. I ggogle forge of empires goods chart

First thread I found:

That guy in the second post isn't too reliable, he didn't answer the question asked in that thread. But he did post a link to what we need here and something that I thought was long lost.

Scroll way down to post 2.

I was wrong, the answer is 175 of each BA Good for tech.

As UBER notes, you'll also want BA Goods in IA for CMap, DCs, Quests, Events, GE, and GBG. How much?

Indeterminate. Depends on how much time you spend in IA and how much Negotiating you do there.

----------

My last experience:

My last city I had around 300 of each BA Good when I moved to IA. that wasn't enough. Trading down is difficult but I'm not proud I posted trades at less then 1:2: for example 30 of my Iron for 50 Wine.

Sure, it was less then the typical trade, but my trades moved

Recommendation: Minimum 200 of each BA Good, Call it 15 days.

It's not unrealistic to grind 75 total BA Goods per day, you're also piling up lots of Coins, Supplies, BPs, and FPs. and leveling your GBs. It's well worth the time.

The longer time you spend grinding in BA the less time you waste in IA chasing down BA Goods.

Let us know what happens and don;t hesitate to ask further questions.

Algona

And I'm copung that table here:

Goods required across the Tech Tree

-BAIAEMAHMALMACAInATOTALS
Stone0256166---175
Lumber2603479---175
Marble2372294---175
Dye0274690---175
Wine0583571---174
Limestone-37028150--251
Ebony-46342140--249
Iron-138247100--242
Cloth-117730130--248
Jewelry-169010140--256
---EMAHMALMACAInA-
Copper--2320150160-353
Granite--460140150-354
Alabaster--1420200120-354
Gold--3041110170-351
Honey--2030140160-350
Brick---4060100220420
Rope---4120110190424
Salt---11100100210421
Dried Herbs---3480110190414
Glass---5080130160420
---------
-LMACAInAPEMEPMECETOTALS
Basalt80160170180---590
Brass5060260210---580
Silk40150210130---530
Talc Powder70140130320---660
Gunpowder50150210160---570
Paper-8012022040--460
Coffee-4017032090--620
Wire-8016025090--580
Porcelain-6016038090--690
Tar-40150320130--640
---InAPEMEPMECE-
Rubber--160260130450-1000
Coke--105180320395-1000
Textiles-100230300370-1000
Whale Oil--110220430240-1000
Fertilizer--95275160470-1000
Asbestos---3302503404801400
Gasoline---3003802304901400
Machine Parts---3304502303901400
Tinplate---3503402903801360
Explosives---3003303903801400
-MEPMECETEFEAF-TOTALS
Ferroconcrete360250550440---1600
Convenience Food350440400410---1600
Flavorants190320400690---1600
Packaging280300600420---1600
Luxury Materials330380400490---1600
Renewable Resources-300500550450--1800
Steel-380400720300--1800
Semiconductors-340550470440--1800
Industrial Filters-290400750360--1800
Genome Data-200400750450--1800
---CETEFEAF--
Electromagnets--3705458400-1755
Gas--510435915390-2250
Plastics--3605507900-1700
Robots--380500910420-2210
Bionic Data--4005651035420-2420
Translucent Concrete---5107200-1230
Smart Materials---5708800-1450
Papercrete---530775330-1635
Preservatives---3109400-1250
Nutrition Research---480520320-1320
-----FEAF--
Biogeochemical Data----450460-910
Purified Water----380440-820
Algae----460390-850
Superconductors----425460-885
Nanoparticles----465430-895
Nanowire-----0-0
Transester Gas-----0-0
A.I. Data-----180-180
Paper Batteries-----140-140
Bioplastics-----200-200

Lady Gato

Recommendation: Minimum 200 of each BA Good, Call it 15 days.

It's not unrealistic to grind 75 total BA Goods per day, you're also piling up lots of Coins, Supplies, BPs, and FPs. and leveling your GBs. It's well worth the time.

The longer time you spend grinding in BA the less time you waste in IA chasing down BA Goods.

Let us know what happens and don;t hesitate to ask further questions.

LOL Thanks for the info - ya know this seems to support your answer in the other thread about whether to keep old information - does come in handy for Noobs!

So I am a half day in on the Glarg/Algona method and here's what I found:

BP St Mark's Basilica while aiding a guildmate

BP Zeus found in an incident

Maybe found an additional FP while aiding someone?

And got a new friend with 50 million points.

The last time I got a BP was during the Archaeology event.

:)

Lady Gato

Call it Glarging.

Glarg is the genius who figured this out. My part has been merely to update it after he asked me to when he left the game.

He used the same curse on me, that I use on all my apprentices: Don't pay back, pay forward.

When the time comes and you're in a position to do so, help a new player.

Fair enough?
Yep - fair enough!

Lady Gato

UPDATE:

I am 2 weeks into playing FOE and I am on Day 5 of glarging. Today I got the last BP for Zeus which will be my first GB (not counting Oracle). I almost have all the BA goods that I want & I am starting to trade for IA goods. I need 5 more BP to get Babel. I also have BPs for ND, Traz, CdM, Colosseum, Hagia, Seed Vault, and SMB. When I started glarging I had about 3 BPs which I received during the Archaeology Event. No BPs other than during glarging.

My question is on the RQ - when do you know that you need to change the RQ that you do? For example the 1800 coins has given me the 2 med FP pkgs, the diamonds, the medals, and a few random BPs -- now it is mainly giving me 100 supplies or 100 coins or 5 dye, etc. -- Does the reward reset for all but the diamonds or when it gives up the "special" rewards are they one or two time only rewards?

Algona

ND, Traz, CdM, Colosseum, Hagia, Seed Vault, and SMB

Friends don;t let Friends build Colosseum or ND. You can trust me on this or look around.

Tip: Qucik evaluation of GBs.:Look at the cities or GB lists of the top 10 players in your world. If you can;t find a GB on at least 3 of those cities it's almost certainly a GB you should avoid.

My question is on the RQ - when do you know that you need to change the RQ that you do? For example the 1800 coins has given me the 2 med FP pkgs, the diamonds, the medals, and a few random BPs -- now it is mainly giving me 100 supplies or 100 coins or 5 dye, etc. -- Does the reward reset for all but the diamonds or when it gives up the "special" rewards are they one or two time only rewards?

Random Rewards in this game are indeed random. The RNG INNO uses works. Which means some times you will get a lot of the Rewards you want and other times not. Over time they will even out to about the proportions noted in CR's Guide.

The only change in Recurring Quest Random Rewards. (Those initials sound like a railroad line, there has to be a joke hiding in there.) is that you get Diamonds once, then Medals instead.

The more you farm, the more it will even out. Maybe. Random does indeed mean random.

Lady Gato

Friends don;t let Friends build Colosseum or ND. You can trust me on this or look around.

Tip: Qucik evaluation of GBs.:Look at the cities or GB lists of the top 10 players in your world. If you can;t find a GB on at least 3 of those cities it's almost certainly a GB you should avoid.

Random Rewards in this game are indeed random. The RNG INNO uses works. Which means some times you will get a lot of the Rewards you want and other times not. Over time they will even out to about the proportions noted in CR's Guide.

The only change in Recurring Quest Random Rewards. (Those initials sound like a railroad line, there has to be a joke hiding in there.) is that you get Diamonds once, then Medals instead.

The more you farm, the more it will even out. Maybe. Random does indeed mean random.

Thanks ! Once again Algona has the answer ! :)

Orb of 0

City # 17 - Start date June 27, 2020 by Orb

NOTE: This post will be edited numerous times.

Primary goal: Glarg for a minimum of 90 days.
Secondary goals: 1000 FP in inventory, 1000 BA goods each, 500-750 IA goods each,
Tertiary goals: Dispel as many self created myths as possible...

Day One: Set up the standard Hut and Hunter... setup, and collected every 5 minutes until I had just enough coin and supplies to inch forward in that grueling process of dragging myself aimlessly through the desert of...
I upgraded the Huts to the Stilt house, with six Hunters and four Potters. Setting the supplies buildings to match timing with the house/coin cycle.
This is the long grueling drag... It's boring... You're going to buy FP, you know you are... Why? You want your progress to go faster. That is the trap of the game. Your desire to progress faster...
Patience, slow down, breathe...

Sad Note: there won't be any pictures at this time. Not having a phone prevents me from downloading the app to upload my images so they can be altered then downloaded to be uploaded into this post.
So... All I have are notes.

Day Two: Construction opens the Friends Tavern, which opens the neighborhood. This allows for aiding others and acquiring BPs. Received two # 8s for Babel first time through the neighborhood. Reached "Smithery" in the tech tree opening Guilds. First guild I jumped, I received three BPs. By the end of day two...only needed one more to complete Babel, and two to complete Zeus... Stilt houses upgraded to Chalets, Hunters and Potters removed and Blacksmiths constructed. End of day two, 36 blksmths, 14-16 Chalets... I have the images. Irrelevant

Day Three: Still using all FP for the tech tree. Guild jumping??? Babel is completed. Zeus, needs only one. First round of RQs: 25 goods, 700 coin, 1,600 supplies, and 10 FP. End of day three, 46 blksmths, 12 Chalets, the Hippydrome, some tough guys, and... oracle.

Day Four: The city is built. It will stay very similar to what it is at this time. Round 2: 46 blksmths - 35 goods, 600 supplies, 400 coin, 15 FP, 3 BP (1 Babel, 2 Zeus), 20 diamonds. The diamond reward was # 31 RQ.

Day Five: Hippydrome updated. That was the excitement for the day. Round 3 Helmet RQ: 46 blksmths - 35 goods, 300 supplies, 500 coin, 15 medals, 3 BP(1Babel, 2 Zeus), and 5 FP. Also, I complete as many of the Fnord RQ as I can... "Collect 1800 coin" - 90 aids guild jumping = 15 goods, 400 supplies, 200 coin, and 5 medals.

Day Six: Traded three Zeus prints... And received the last BP for Zeus. Now I need the goods...
Daily reports are done... Six days and I have the complete sets for Zeus and Babel.

Stopped in a guild and requested a small trade so I could construct Zeus, and Zeus is now out of the sticks and doing his Zeusy thing...
oracle???
A very sad event. While constructing Zeus, the crane operator suffered a sudden attack by a horde of pixelated infantry soldiers. She sustained a minor rash, but the complete mental breakdown from being attacked by cartoons was the last straw. The rest of us had to "eat" our shacks, (vanilla, chocolate, and STRAWberry), with those little plastic spoons... Needless to say, or write. The Oracle didn't make it..

This is the fifth time that I've used Glarging to begin a city. I've taken part in another method of starting a city, and that method is very effective in beginning a city to help it grow quickly. I will be using an aspect of that method in this city. For now... Happy forging

Last edited:

Lokisurfer

So I have been Glarging for about 3 weeks I think...I have level 5 Zues, 6 TOB, level four LOA. Full BP for haggi and for the colosseum only need one more for full royal albert and st basils. 2 for full Capitol, COA, castel del monte. The rest I have are three or more still needed BPs. Got two Arc BPs . i have stuck it out in BA. So my question is when is it time to advance should I stay and grind for as long as I can? I have also been trading up for goods I am more than halfway to acquiring the resources for Hagia but I won’t have the room for it.
1E525538-5BD2-44C2-9F92-B5F3268BF594.png

Nicholas002

well done!
I'm not sure what the Glarging experts will say, but my humble advise:

1. get rid of your fruit farm, Oracle of Delphi, goods buildings, and possibly soccer fields, and contestants estate.
2. I think you could optimize your space more, by using a comb road layout.
2020-06-06 14_24_34-Forge of Empires.jpg
3. please don't build Colosseum, St. Basil's, or Capitol. Maybe royal Albert or Hagia, but I would wait on those.
4. if you have enough goods, I would advance to the Iron age, since the only real reason to stay in BA is to get BPs for SoZ, and ToB, which you have done.
In IA, you get to contribute to GBs, which is a game changer. You could continue to do questing in IA with butchers, but my opinion is that you shouldn't hang out too long in IA or EMA, and to get to HMA sooner rather than later to do questing with alchemists. I am currently camping in HMA, and will be till all my GBs are at 10, and my arc is at 80.
5. find a good guild. One that unlocks GE lvl 4 every week, is in platinum or diamond in GBg, and has an active 1.9 thread.
This is crucial to your development. A good guild will also help you get the arc early, which is a game changer.

hope this helps, and good luck!

Lokisurfer

well done!

1. get rid of your fruit farm, Oracle of Delphi, goods buildings, and possibly soccer fields, and contestants estate.
3. please don't build Colosseum, St. Basil's, or Capitol. Maybe royal Albert or Hagia, but I would wait on those.
4. if you have enough goods, I would advance to the Iron age, since the only real reason to stay in BA is to get BPs for SoZ, and ToB, which you have done.
In IA, you get to contribute to GBs, which is a game changer. You could continue to do questing in IA with butchers, but my opinion is that you shouldn't hang out too long in IA or EMA, and to get to HMA sooner rather than later to do questing with alchemists. I am currently camping in HMA, and will be till all my GBs are at 10, and my arc is at 80.
5. find a good guild. One that unlocks GE lvl 4 every week, is in platinum or diamond in GBg, and has an active 1.9 thread.
This is crucial to your development. A good guild will also help you get the arc early, which is a game changer.

Thanks! It was more pure blacksmith until the soccer event. Since the soccer fields produce FP should I keep them? Getting rid of my goods buildings Now though. Since the contestants estate generates medals is it worth it? I also have a total of about 2400 BA goods and does it matter what goods I have? I also have 85 MFP.

Nicholas002

Thanks! It was more pure blacksmith until the soccer event. Since the soccer fields produce FP should I keep them? Getting rid of my goods buildings Now though. Since the contestants estate generates medals is it worth it? I also have a total of about 2400 BA goods and does it matter what goods I have? I also have 85 MFP.
the soccer fields produce very few FP, though any FPs is better than no FPs, so I guess keep them until you have something better replace them with.
You will get 1000 times (no exaggeration) more medals from contributing to GBs than from any building that produces medals. If anything, keep the contestants estate for the attack boost, if it is worth it to you, not for the medals. (even the attack boost is minimal)
2400 BA goods may be enough, though with GBg, you can't really have enough previous era goods, so you definitely could move up with that amount, but it depends how much GBg negotiating you plan to do.
MFP is what? if you mean inventory FPs, keep them for snipes. use your bar FPs for tech and leveling your own GBs.

DevaCat

well done!

1. Agreed, except: what's the replacement if he gets rid of goods buildings now? Is LoA and Babel enough? (I don't know, never bothered building a Babel). Contestant Estate's military boost could be helpful for a while yet, but definitely not a keeper for medals.
2. Agreed, a comb layout would increase efficiency. The town hall would be better placed on a perimeter (ditto for large buildings like big GBs).
3. Add Notre Dame to the don't build list. I'd put Albert on a way back burner (if ever). Haggia could wait a while, but worth reading opinions about it until you decide. CoA and CdM are both great, I'd be looking for St Marks and Chateau prints as well.
4. @Lokisurfer, when to age up is up to you, but for me at 3 weeks in my last city in Bronze I wanted to get out ready or not lol. I was ready thanks to Glarging, and as @Nicholas002 said you have already got the 2 GBs so moving to Iron should be doable. You have plenty of Bronze Age goods; why worry about GBG just yet -- there's a city to be built yet.

In Iron your choice is to continue guild hopping for bps for a while if you have the endurance, or to get into a guild quickly. For prints, either way can work -- just be sure it's a good guild, a bad one can slow your print gathering to a crawl.

Keep in mind each age up increases the costs of doing those RQs from the previous one and Iron is a pretty cheap age for that purpose. Iron Age and EMA give you time to get prints and goods to place those core GBs you'll need. I don't think Nicholas002 was advocating a rush to HMA, but you have to walk before you run. When to age up (Iron to EMA, EMA to HMA)? For me it boils down to two things. First, when I have enough fps and resources to quickly research tech to get the supply and military buildings I need and to rebuild my city that first day. And second, I want to have been among the top 5 of my neighborhood consistently for a number of rotations. When I age up I don't want to be in the bottom of a hood while I'm feeling out that new age. :) Hope this was helpful.

Lokisurfer

1. Agreed, except: what's the replacement if he gets rid of goods buildings now? Is LoA and Babel enough? (I don't know, never bothered building a Babel). Contestant Estate's military boost could be helpful for a while yet, but definitely not a keeper for medals.
2. Agreed, a comb layout would increase efficiency. The town hall would be better placed on a perimeter (ditto for large buildings like big GBs).
3. Add Notre Dame to the don't build list. I'd put Albert on a way back burner (if ever). Haggia could wait a while, but worth reading opinions about it until you decide. CoA and CdM are both great, I'd be looking for St Marks and Chateau prints as well.
4. @Lokisurfer, when to age up is up to you, but for me at 3 weeks in my last city in Bronze I wanted to get out ready or not lol. I was ready thanks to Glarging, and as @Nicholas002 said you have already got the 2 GBs so moving to Iron should be doable. You have plenty of Bronze Age goods; why worry about GBG just yet -- there's a city to be built yet.

In Iron your choice is to continue guild hopping for bps for a while if you have the endurance, or to get into a guild quickly. For prints, either way can work -- just be sure it's a good guild, a bad one can slow your print gathering to a crawl.

Keep in mind each age up increases the costs of doing those RQs from the previous one and Iron is a pretty cheap age for that purpose. Iron Age and EMA give you time to get prints and goods to place those core GBs you'll need. I don't think Nicholas002 was advocating a rush to HMA, but you have to walk before you run. When to age up (Iron to EMA, EMA to HMA)? For me it boils down to two things. First, when I have enough fps and resources to quickly research tech to get the supply and military buildings I need and to rebuild my city that first day. And second, I want to have been among the top 5 of my neighborhood consistently for a number of rotations. When I age up I don't want to be in the bottom of a hood while I'm feeling out that new age. :) Hope this was helpful.
Thanks! so the only thing I’m not clear on when you level up you can trade BPs? I grinded a bit more yesterday and I got one more CDM so only need one cdm and two COA BPs. I can probably 2:1 exchange and hopefully get lucky on both. But I figured why waste them if I cannot build them yet anyway. I revised my city I know OrAcle is a waste but it was giving me the supplies RQ with my Fruit Farm.

i revised my layout when I expanded at first I wasn’t thinking about the geometry of the layout so that is why the soccer fields are parked in the Un-square.

E6727169-573F-4BF6-B7E3-F8E66412202A.png