• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Guide] Get your first two great buildings in less than a month

Algona

3 month or so updaye.

CdM, CoA, Zeus, LoA, SMB, Obs, 1 BP from Traz, 2 BPs form Chateau and ToR and started acquiring Arc BPs. Still in EMA. finished the first Summer event Quest Line in 13 hours. Woulda been 8 byr for INNO changing one of the Quests as spoiled in beta.

About 300 Diamonds wonl. Down to 150 Inv FP. spent a few hundred on Summer and a few hundredon some sniping. Approx 3000 Goods strewn across 5 Eras.

Still getting my ass whupped in GE, haven;t made it to lvl 3. I suspect i'll have to break down and enter HMA sooner rather then later to have th room for t5 more GBs. Bummer. I;d rather hunker down and rebuild Inv FPs and lvl some GBs.

And learn to fight.

And yes Stephen I did take your advice. The combo of IA, Cats, and Archers seems to work. That's the only resdon I'm getting as far as I am. I guess i;m doing OK though, I keep winning towers...

Algona

4 Months in now. Traz planted yesterday. Still in EMA, not sure why. Last GE fought through Encounter 42. 7500 Goods. 400 Inv FP. Chasing Arc BPs, scoring many Medals. Gull set of Chateau. Zeus, Babel. LoA, Obs, ToR, SMB, CdM, all need levels. Scored 3 Rogue Hideouts, 2 SoK, 1 Champs Retreats, 3 WWs in Summer Event.

Pretty much a mundane path from here. Lvl Traz a bit to kick ass in GE. I'll get Arc, Inno Tower, and Chateau up, power level the Arc for many Medals and at some point go into HMA for easier RQs and more Expansions and to build up the lvls of the current GBs Not sure what will happen from there.

The experiment is done, Glarg nailed it!

If i ever start another World, I'll do much the same again except go at least three weeks in BA before stopping the Guild Hopping and BLacksmith RQ Grinds. This all would have gone weeks quicker if I had stockpiled more Goods, FPs, and BPs. Looking back I'm sure the grind wasn;t that bad. I hope.

Note to self: Forego most GBs and try for the Arc as soon as possible. it's the GB tool that makes all other GBs so much easier to build.

Thanks for reading and if you are silly enough to try this post and share your experience.

Last edited:

DeletedUser27848

I just started a new city in S world, and I'm going to follow Glarg's advice.

After like 5 days I have a Level 2 ToB, and 5 of the BPs for Zeus. I'm camping in Bronze Age, and rocking this quest until I have Zeus built.

I've got Tower of Babel, 40 Blacksmiths, about 8 Chalets(?), I built Paths, as they provide +5 Happiness per tile, so have just 3 Memorials. I'm about 200% Happiness with just the input from those Memorials and Paths.

Today will be my first day collecting with the full 40 Blacksmiths shops (I've been adding shops each day as I could), which will mean I'm getting 20 rewards, as I will abort, abort etc, and keep repeating the Helmet Quest.

And I'm also doing the Guild Hopping aiding to gain extra blueprints.

I've already collected prints for LoA, Col (crap), ND (also crap), Hagia, CDM, CoA, St.Marks, St.Basils, Deal, FoD, Traz and there might be a couple others I'm forgetting.

DeletedUser27848

I stayed in BA a little while after spending the 166 Parasite refers to, and spent some of the fps on market trades balancing out what I was getting from the recurring quests, and trading some of the BA up. Couldn't use them all, but at least some weren't "wasted". (Normally, I rarely use fps on trades, unless it's really in my favor, getting most of what I need within my guilds.)

Not true. Reality is you cannot contribute to other's GBs.
But you can contribute to your own! I built ToB and am self leveling it. Already half way to level 3...

DeletedUser27848

I'm about 10 days in S world, and rocking this strategy.

I've got Lvl 3 ToB (only a couple FPs away from Lvl 4), Lvl 2 Zeus and Lvl 1 LoA.

I have 18 Butcher Shops now, 4 Triumphal Arches for happiness, about 10 houses, 2 Blacksmiths. I have space to build 1 more Blacksmith/House (kinda leaning towards adding 1 more Blacksmith), and still 2 expansions to unlock, to add 2 more Butcher Shops.

My plan now is to remain in Iron Age for at least 1 month, get those 2 expansions and Butcher Shops, maybe score another 2 expansions through medals. Level up my 3 GBs and will quest for BPs for Hagia, StM etc..., while amassing goods medals etc...

DeletedUser27184

But you can contribute to your own! I built ToB and am self leveling it. Already half way to level 3...
If you fully self level the GB you waste all the rewards which is a nice sum of FP to earn.
I would suggest, for example, to do a deal with another guildy/friend where you put in each other certain amount (like 51% of the GB FP's) and each of you get the 1st place reward. Its free FP's that need to picked of.

DeletedUser27848

If you fully self level the GB you waste all the rewards which is a nice sum of FP to earn.
I would suggest, for example, to do a deal with another guildy/friend where you put in each other certain amount (like 51% of the GB FP's) and each of you get the 1st place reward. Its free FP's that need to picked of.

Agree, but I was Guild Hopping, had ToB built and I was still Bronze Age, which doesn't permit you to donate FPs to another player's GB.

As you know, the first Tech you unlock in Iron Age is the ability to donate FPs to another player's GB.

I've moved up to Iron Age, have unlocked the ability to swap FPs, and joined back up with the Guild I started this city to join. Now I will be trading FPs with my guildies...

ITown

This guide is highly reliant on playing in an advanced world. If you join a brand new world and try to use this strategy, you will not do very well, because there won't be any guilds to hop through.

DeletedUser13838

I'm not sure babel is a worthwhile GB with the RQ strategy. Those quests should give you plenty of goods. I'd move to Iron Age as soon as I get Zeus to get access to GE and fp swaps.

DeletedUser

I'm not sure babel is a worthwhile GB with the RQ strategy. Those quests should give you plenty of goods. I'd move to Iron Age as soon as I get Zeus to get access to GE and fp swaps.
See, that's my whole point with CR's guide. If you're not doing Heavy Questing, Babel is well worth it, and becomes even more valuable when you get to Modern Era and its production switches to unrefined goods and doubles.

DeletedUser27848

See, that's my whole point with CR's guide. If you're not doing Heavy Questing, Babel is well worth it, and becomes even more valuable when you get to Modern Era and its production switches to unrefined goods and doubles.

And I've already stated that I am not rigidly following Cosmic Raven's strategy, rather I'm going the route advised by Glarg.

But I still learned vast amounts from reading CR's strategy.

If having ToB, causes me to lose 2%-5% of what I would get going full-Cosmic Raven, well I can live with that. And as I progress through the ages, my ToB will level up, and will be churning out goods all the while.

A testimonial to Cosmic Raven HQS: I have 2 friends, that are religiously following the Cosmic Raven HQS strategy. One is in my Guild in O world. No names revealed here, but this player started the game in Feb 2017, so about 4 months after me, and is already well ahead of me in over-all points, GB levels, and is one of the persons that has really compelled me to delve into this.
And this 'unnamed' player, says they have so many XS goods, they can negotiate Lvl 4 GE every week, and never even concern themselves about the cost, cuz they churn out so many goods.
To say that this person is rocking the FoE world, would be an under-statement.

Yep...

DeletedUser13838

I disagree with that last point. In ME you get say 20 CA goods rather than the 10 ME goods you need. You can either trade for the 10 CA goods or use additional space to produce ME goods. I'm not sure at what point this becomes true but eventually buildings like oasis become more efficient at goods production and you're stuck with piles and piles of old unrefined goods.

DeletedUser

I disagree with that last point. In ME you get say 20 CA goods rather than the 10 ME goods you need. You can either trade for the 10 CA goods or use additional space to produce ME goods. I'm not sure at what point this becomes true but eventually buildings like oasis become more efficient at goods production and you're stuck with piles and piles of old unrefined goods.
Not true. I'm in CE with a level 10 Babel that produces 30 Progressive Era goods daily. If I chose to build a CE goods building, Babel along with my other goods producing GBs would make PE goods buildings unnecessary. Not to mention the fact that they give me lots of goods to sell to lower era players so they can build Alcatraz and Chateau Frontenac, 2 of the most valued GBs in the game, especially to lower level players.

"Stuck with piles and piles of old unrefined goods." Ever been in a guild with lower level players? You are never "stuck" with goods, unless you choose to be.

DeletedUser13838

Not true. I'm in CE with a level 10 Babel that produces 30 Progressive Era goods daily. If I chose to build a CE goods building, Babel along with my other goods producing GBs would make PE goods buildings unnecessary. Not to mention the fact that they give me lots of goods to sell to lower era players so they can build Alcatraz and Chateau Frontenac, 2 of the most valued GBs in the game, especially to lower level players.

"Stuck with piles and piles of old unrefined goods." Ever been in a guild with lower level players? You are never "stuck" with goods, unless you choose to be.
I'm a little confused here. Do you want CE or PE goods? If you want PE goods then fine but if you want CE goods you now need to either trade for them or use space for the CE goods buildings and at some point (I don't recall when) current age goods buildings are not as efficient as buldings like an oasis. Personally I'd much rather my GBs produce refined goods and if I want goods from earlier eras I'd trade for them.

DeletedUser

I'm a little confused here. Do you want CE or PE goods? If you want PE goods then fine but if you want CE goods you now need to either trade for them or use space for the CE goods buildings and at some point (I don't recall when) current age goods buildings are not as efficient as buldings like an oasis. Personally I'd much rather my GBs produce refined goods and if I want goods from earlier eras I'd trade for them.
Oh, my CE goods needs are well taken care of with Tribal Squares and other special buildings. I fight through GE and I'm parked in CE right now, so my need for CE goods is much less than what I produce. The PE goods that my GBs produce are gravy. :D

Algona

When you camp in a Guild overnight you can advertise to tha Guild that you have a GB close to levelling.

You build the Babel if you get those BPs first to have a dump for your FPs to exrtend time in BA.

Going into IA or joining a Guild as soon as you get Zeus is a wasted opportunity!

You miss out producing this per day:

In addition to the production of the city itself: 5 Advanced Era GB BPs. 50 Quests per day averagimg 75 BA Goods, 4500 Coins, 4500 Supplies, 4 useless BPs, 15 Inventory FPs, and 20 Medals per day; all unplunderable.

That bolded part is a huge payoff. We all know what a pain hunting BPs is: slow. frustrating, and expensive. In two weeks I garnered over 50. How long will that take a mundane city to get and at what cost?

It was a lot easier to get the last 2 BPs I needed to build CdM then to get all 9.

I'd recommend that if you have not read it, go back to the middle of page 3 of this thread and read my ridiculously long post and followups to see just what was going on. .

The whole idea is to get a fast start, the longer you stay at it, the faster your start will be and the longer the effects will last.

I'm pretty sure if I had gone 4 weeks in BA grinding RQs and Guild Hopping instead of 2 weeks I'd have dropped my Arc last month instead of the end of this month.

DeletedUser28670

Well m' friends... seems like I was rather lazy and forgot to play FOE while being on the forums lately. seems like my city on Walstrand was deleted.... So I'm going to straight- up follow this guide word- to word and see where it goes! I was using, I guess, a variant of this strategy before, but not exactly this strategy.

DeletedUser26120

Sorry to hear about the deletion but nice to know you are testing this out to the T! Looking forward to your conclusions.

Algona

Did this thread get moved up from the Pending Forum recently? Or am i hallucinating?

Good luck, Lord Muggie, I'm curious to see how it goes for you.

Dropping Arc in the next 4-5 days,. Still need to pay 150 FPs for the Goods, I could do it now, but that would run under 100 Inv FPs. And i want to start sniping my EMA hood the day it drops, got targets lined up already.

DeletedUser28670

Since I promised I would be doing Glarg Strategy and GS only, here's a question to the strategists of you.... how long should you stay in BA? I got scolded in my old world by a veteran quest looper for not staying long enough and scolded by another for staying too short! Both of them were veteran players and I didn't know who to listen to! Anyone have a thought on this (how long you should stay in BA?)