• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Getting ready to quit

Elfwand

I'm just saying I'm getting ready to quit. I've got people raiding me every day, the same people time and again. what's the point? If this were 'real' I could load up a massive defensive force but the game won't let me so why should I bother with the effort?

Maybe the people running the game should consider the fact this raiding is quite probably costing them customers. it's one thing if you do it to others but someone minds their own business still gets screwed over.

DeletedUser41212

I've had on several occasions players hit me over and over, it annoying but sadly it's part of the game.

UBERhelp1

Collect on time
Build up defensive boosts (such as Deal Castle, SMB [I think that's the one, I always confuse them], Ritual Flames, Watchfires, etc.)

Look, everyone gets plundered sometimes. But that shouldn't affect your gameplay at large. The most you can miss is one day's production (or 2 days if you are inefficient with goods buildings).

DeletedUser29404

The endless plundering is quasi-avoidable. Collect on time. Set 24 hr productions. It does happen to everyone. It will cause you (hopefully) to look for solutions; as opposed to "cashing out"...Get your GBs (Deal, Basils, Terracotta Army) going. Place Ritual Flames and Watchfires. Use your "Social Gsme" .....write the attackers. Offer fps. Offer Alliances, friendship, Mo/Po your attackers.....etc...etc..

Freshmeboy

One of the beauties of FoE is the devs have created multiple worlds for farming diamonds..and for mistakes. Too often new players think the goal of the game is to rise through the ages only to become bottom feeders last in the neighborhood ranks and the go-to guys to get hammered for plunder, quests, etc..
Don't quit. FoE has an excellent model for empire building, the weak PvP and A.I. being the exception. Scrap that world and find another. Don'tl,ament the loss of progress there, just move on and try again. This time, don't be in such a hurry to race through the tech tree and the C-map...slow down, build your strength, play the events and become the powerhouse you were ,meant to be...

DeletedUser41212

I've had two cities before the one I have now. The first two I messed up pretty bad, this one has been working good so far and now that I'm in CA advancing has come to a stop for awhile to build up. Use you best military for city defenders and if you can use the defense boost in your tavern.

RazorbackPirate

Stay in your current age until you are in the top 10 of your neighborhood. That alone will eliminate 90% of attacks. If you're in the bottom 20, you'll get attacked multiple times simply from players looking to fulfill various attack tasks.

Once I'm in, I'm going to look around. If you've left some tasty goodies laying around, I might just help myself. I certainly don't need anyone else's resources, I do it just to annoy the weak players. Moral of the story?

Don't be a weak player.

time4coffee

This a really dumb question but do you have a defense army set up? I am always amazed at the number of people won't and just leave it at the 2 spearfighters.

I've only been playing for about 6 months and have only had one "bad" neighborhood (all the top 5 had quips about plundering or fighting, one even said, don't try to friend me, I'll plunder more). Neighborhoods change biweekly if that is any comfort, in six months, I've only hit one really bad one.

DeletedUser42226

I'm just saying I'm getting ready to quit. I've got people raiding me every day, the same people time and again. what's the point? If this were 'real' I could load up a massive defensive force but the game won't let me so why should I bother with the effort?

Maybe the people running the game should consider the fact this raiding is quite probably costing them customers. it's one thing if you do it to others but someone minds their own business still gets screwed over.

Don’t quit. Are they just plundering a house? Who cares? Otherwise try to friend them if u can, OR send them a msg and simply ask them to please stop—that you r struggling and need all your resources, OR attack and plunder them back. I have had ppl do all of the above to get me to stop plundering them. If asked nicely to stop, I did! AND boost your defenses! Your defending army doesn’t actually die so use your best military units. Use defense in a bottle boosts or tavern defense boosts! The ppl in your next neighborhood might leave you alone.

DeletedUser36572

You know, you might be surprised how insignificant being plundered can be. I mean who cares about getting plundered for 10 Goods when you can turn around and plunder your neighbors for 60 Goods?

It’s not the game’s fault you haven’t figured that out yet.

DeletedUser34802

Eventually, you leave their neighborhood and lose connection so they can't keep raiding you.

DeletedUser39998

I usually attack the same easy people everyday for quests or to get HC rewards but I never plunder. Name of the game.

I wonder if Elfwand quit...

Attacking and plundering is part of the game. I have a formidable defensive army with massive boosts and still get plundered occasionally. Don't be one of those players who whines about it. I sometimes get messages from players crying about how I plundered them. I'll tell you what I tell them: Build a better defensive army or simply send me a friend request so rather than hitting you I visit your tavern and aid you.

Crying about plundering is just annoying though. I know this is a two-year-old post, but maybe you'll see it. If you don't find joy in a good challenge, this might not be the game for you.

Johnny B. Goode

I wonder if Elfwand quit...

Attacking and plundering is part of the game. I have a formidable defensive army with massive boosts and still get plundered occasionally. Don't be one of those players who whines about it. I sometimes get messages from players crying about how I plundered them. I'll tell you what I tell them: Build a better defensive army or simply send me a friend request so rather than hitting you I visit your tavern and aid you.

Crying about plundering is just annoying though. I know this is a two-year-old post, but maybe you'll see it. If you don't find joy in a good challenge, this might not be the game for you.
He did not quit. He still has a city on Walstrand. It is in Virtual Future and has a level 9 Ferris Wheel. Which means he was active in the previous event.

MJ Artisan of War

If all the whiners quit who threaten to quit FOE would be so very quiet and peaceful...
The forum would flourish with more good advice and much less whine without cheese....
One can only hope....

I can't believe the number of people who fail to set up a defending army. I am a neighborhood bully to anyone who leaves their armies down. Set one up, get some boosts, and maybe even find a way to attack the bully and plunder him. It is actually hilarious the number of people start collecting in time when you plunder them a couple of times. Another thing you can do is disconnect all your buildings from the town hall for a few days, I have seen that done.

Ebeondi Asi

Plenty of high level players have no real City Defense. The have no need for it. They can attack anyone back effectively, and collect on time. and even if they were attacked and plundered, it means so little as to be nothing anyway.
New players seem to worry about getting plundered. Everyone else is like ... so what.

The intimidation factor of 8 heavies is huge to new players. There was one neighborhood bully who would make a stop at my city and always back out, even though I would have lost easily.