• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Answered] Getting the Third OF Recurring Questgiver

• Thread starter DeletedUser26965
  • Start date

DeletedUser26965

[edit] See my comment below as now I have obtained this https://forum.us.forgeofempires.com...rd-of-recurring-questgiver.18643/#post-161912 [edit]

Anyone know what it takes to get to the third OF Recurring questgiver and in the process not lose the other two? As you can see in the below screenshot my Story questline is stuck back near the end of PME. I'm currently in OF with two recurring questgivers. I'm only 1 tech into OF and I'm 7 provinces into the FE map. I want to get to the third recurring questgiver but concerned if I push any further into the tech or map I may lose the other ones in the process. I'm assuming I will have to complete the Story questline which is a lot of quests in; CE, TE, FE, AF and I'm just assuming OF but don't know and not sure if doing so will mess up the other recurring questgivers. Any help appreciated, thanks.

two questgivers - Copy.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

jlshetler

Anyone know what it takes to get to the third OF Recurring questgiver and in the process not lose the other two? As you can see in the below screenshot my Story questline is stuck back near the end of PME. I'm currently in OF with two recurring questgivers. I'm only 1 tech into OF and I'm 7 provinces into the FE map. I want to get to the third recurring questgiver but concerned if I push any further into the tech or map I may lose the other ones in the process. I'm assuming I will have to complete the Story questline which is a lot of quests in; CE, TE, FE, AF and I'm just assuming OF but don't know and not sure if doing so will mess up the other recurring questgivers. Any help appreciated, thanks.

View attachment 5303
You won't get the third OF Recurring Quest until you completely finish the Story Quest line. I just did this last week, and now have three loop quests going.

If you have completed the tech tree and the continent map, many of the Story Quests will auto-complete for you, so it might not take as long to catch up as you think.

DeletedUser26965

You won't get the third OF Recurring Quest until you completely finish the Story Quest line...
I pretty much figured but like I mentioned I still have map and tech left and concerned if I do them I'll lose the two I have now in the process.

jlshetler

I pretty much figured but like I mentioned I still have map and tech left and concerned if I do them I'll lose the two I have now in the process.

One you can't lose. The other you'll lose for short periods as finished technologies unlock Side Quests (individual or short quest lines).

You'll need to do it eventually, of course, so my recommendation is to finish the Continent Map first, then tackle the Story Quest line as fast as you can. Have the FPs and other tech requirements saved up for every tech you haven't completed (you don't have to do the HMA one that requires diamonds).

DeletedUser26965

One you can't lose. The other you'll lose for short periods as finished technologies unlock Side Quests (individual or short quest lines).

You'll need to do it eventually, of course, so my recommendation is to finish the Continent Map first, then tackle the Story Quest line as fast as you can. Have the FPs and other tech requirements saved up for every tech you haven't completed (you don't have to do the HMA one that requires diamonds).
Excellent, thank you.

DeletedUser26965

The other you'll lose for short periods as finished technologies unlock Side Quests (individual or short quest lines)
so my recommendation is to finish the Continent Map first
I just had to revisit this and give it a bit more thought. See I'm starting a new world and tracking when Recurring Quests get replaced with other type quests, early in the game it happens with just Side Quests that can be aborted but it happens mostly when conquering a province but also when completing a tech. Also recently on another world I conquered the "USA" (7 provinces) portion of the Industrial age map and upon conquering the 7th lost both Recurring questgivers to unabortable Bonus Quests. So when you say you recommend doing the cMap my worry is I'll lose at least one recurring questgiver but you say we can't lose one so if I do lose the other I suppose I can live with one if it does happen, I just like to be sure is all.

jlshetler

So when you say you recommend doing the cMap my worry is I'll lose at least one recurring questgiver but you say we can't lose one so if I do lose the other I suppose I can live with one if it does happen, I just like to be sure is all.

I think you are right that (abortable) Side Quests can be triggered by conquering certain provinces, in addition to unlocking certain techs. This is at least true early on. But one Recurring Quest line is permanent, and cannot be lost in these ways. The other is dedicated to Side Quests and only becomes Recurring Quests when you are caught up on Side Quests. The third is dedicated to Story Quests, and likewise will become Recurring Quests when there are no Story Quests left.

So, always one. You'll have to catch up eventually. So it seems best to do all the provinces first, rather than all the techs first, because it will trigger fewer Side Quests.

DeletedUser26965

I think you are right that (abortable) Side Quests can be triggered by conquering certain provinces, in addition to unlocking certain techs. This is at least true early on. But one Recurring Quest line is permanent, and cannot be lost in these ways. The other is dedicated to Side Quests and only becomes Recurring Quests when you are caught up on Side Quests. The third is dedicated to Story Quests, and likewise will become Recurring Quests when there are no Story Quests left.

So, always one. You'll have to catch up eventually. So it seems best to do all the provinces first, rather than all the techs first, because it will trigger fewer Side Quests.
I wonder though, if all Side Quests are a abortable then that's fine but it seems if I run into a Bonus Quest, which seems those are not abotable, I would lose one of the Recurring questgivers until I can get rid of any Bonus Quests along the way. But I don't know if there are any. This website (adblockers recommended) http://forgeofempires.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Bonus_Quests doesn't list any past Industrial Age, I'm half way through the FE map and one tech into OF. So if all I have left is abortable Side Quests then it seems I will only lose one Recurring questgiver just temporarily to abortable Side Quests and will just have to finish the Story Quest line and cMap to get the third Recurring questgiver, does this all sound right to you?

jlshetler

This website (adblockers recommended) http://forgeofempires.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Bonus_Quests doesn't list any past Industrial Age, I'm half way through the FE map and one tech into OF. So if all I have left is abortable Side Quests then it seems I will only lose one Recurring questgiver just temporarily to abortable Side Quests and will just have to finish the Story Quest line and cMap to get the third Recurring questgiver, does this all sound right to you?

Yes, that sounds right to me. I don't remember any Bonus Quests after the Canada / Mexico thing.

DeletedUser27849

I have to ask which quest are recurring, I am in LMA and just landed the Chataeu. So I see players talking about recurring quest, I don't think I have seen them. I have been in LMA now for 3 months.

Algona

I have to ask which quest are recurring, I am in LMA and just landed the Chataeu. So I see players talking about recurring quest, I don't think I have seen them. I have been in LMA now for 3 months.

Go read this: WARNING! The thread is ridiculously long with lots of weirdness, The acolytes and followers of Cosmic Raven are fervent (rabid?) but if approached in just the right manner very helpful.

I recommend reading just the first dozen or so posts and digest temt. Then after cleansing your soul, bracing tour mind, strenthining your will, and girding your loins, should you choose to venture further, my best wishes.

Seriously though this is definitive work with tons of invaluable information (many more tons of unnecessary propaganda) and properly editied with about 90% of it sweated out would easily be the best Guide on these boards.

https://forum.us.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/cosmic-ravens-version-of-heavy-questing.15777/

DeletedUser26965

Recurring Quests: http://forgeofempires.wikia.com/wiki/Recurring_Quests

Maybe or maybe not complete some Story quests depending on where you are in the story line, Complete/Skip Side Quests should get you to at least one recurring questgiver. You can get a second in LMA and there's a little guide floating around on the net explaining how but I don't have the link for it. It can get messed up though with the second questgiver if you've gone to far on the Story line and continent map. I had the two quest givers up until I completed the USA portion of the Industrial age map then lost both of them to unabortable Bonus Quests.

Bonus Quests: http://forgeofempires.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Bonus_Quests

Story Quests: http://forgeofempires.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Story_Quests

Side Quests: http://forgeofempires.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Side_Quests

DeletedUser27849

Recurring Quests: http://forgeofempires.wikia.com/wiki/Recurring_Quests

Maybe or maybe not complete some Story quests depending on where you are in the story line, Complete/Skip Side Quests should get you to at least one recurring questgiver. You can get a second in LMA and there's a little guide floating around on the net explaining how but I don't have the link for it. It can get messed up though with the second questgiver if you've gone to far on the Story line and continent map. I had the two quest givers up until I completed the USA portion of the Industrial age map then lost both of them to unabortable Bonus Quests.

Bonus Quests: http://forgeofempires.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Bonus_Quests

Story Quests: http://forgeofempires.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Story_Quests

Side Quests: http://forgeofempires.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Side_Quests

Thank You....To bad the treasure chest doesn't count from the expedition.

DeletedUser26965

So it seems best to do all the provinces first, rather than all the techs first, because it will trigger fewer Side Quests.

So 30+ days later I've made my way through the last of FE map, AF and OF1 map. I was thinking along the way that once I reached the end of the OF1 map I might get the third recurring questgiver since I'm still in OF1 tech but apparently that is not the case as the Story Quest is now taking me into the OF2 map.

third quest giver, where are you - Copy.PNG

So now my thinking is I actually have to reach the end of the map which is now into OF3 and do all the tech, basically it seems I have to reach the end of the Story questline in order to trigger it, I guess anyway. So it seems I'll have to do this before OF4 comes out or else the story line will just continue and I'll never get the third questgiver which is just stupid imo.

The wiki fan page Story questline ends in AF on this quest http://forgeofempires.wikia.com/wiki/Sidestep. I've been writing down the rest;

Sidestep - Acquire Patuktuq
Mixed Messages - Gather 260 Goods
A Message - Make People enthusiastic
Date and Time - Acquire Summit Ice and Kilalurak
Meet Woka - Scout Nilak
Pondering - Acquire Nilak
Cryptic - Make People enthusiastic
From Above - Build 4 buildings from your age
(forgot to write down title) - Contribute 50 fp's to a GB
Motives - Scout Chulyin
Daydreaming - Acquire Chulyin
Upper Hand - Recruit 3 units from your age or 5 from the previous
Purple Rain - Pay 2.5m coins
Persuasion - Gather 1m supplies
Appearances - Scout Tattilgat
End Cold - Acquire Tattilgat
Retreat? - Finish 35 Producrions from your age or 45 previous
Cracking Ice - Spend 60 fp's
Amulets and Idols - Sell 4 residential from your age or 6 prior
Last Chance! - Pay 70 A.I. Data
New Atka - Scout Atka
Let it Snow - Acquire Atka
Pale as Snow - Scout Glacial Peak
Advice - Build 4 buildings from your age
Caving In - Pay 80 AI Data
Crumbs Acquire - Glacial Peak
No Avalanche - Recruit 3 units from your age or 5 previous
Interference - Scout Nunataq
Found Something - Acquire Nunataq
Shallow Pockets - Make People enthusiastic
Jewelry - Contribute 50 fp's to a GB
Mine! - Gather 300 Goods
Jewels - Acquire Nanuq, Unalaq and Neural Rites
Mirror Image - Pay 70 Nanowire
Bad News - Spend 60 fp's
How Long is a While? - Research a tech
Snow Race - Scout Anyu
Go Away - Acquire Anyu
Illogical - Pay 3m coins
Face to Face - Scout Pimniq and Frozen Steppe
Topics - Finish 35 Productions from your age or 45 previous
Allegiance - Acquire Pimniq and Frozen Steppe
A Call - Contribute 70 fp's to a GB
No Village - Pay 60 Bioplastics
New Camp - Scout Spirit Plane
Steady Supply - Gather 200 of every AF good
Ice Cap - Acquire Spirit Plane
Rumble in the Deep - Scout the first province of the new map
((((OF))))
Not a Drill - Acquire Coral Depths
Meet Murray - Recruit 20 Units
Interference - Infiltrate 4 sectors
Strange Machines - MoPo 50
Vault - Contribute 60fp to GB
Floating - Scout Dark Abyss
Horizon - Buy 3 fp's
Protesters - Acquire Dark Abyss
Meet Joan - Build 6 res or 8 from previous
Cause - Finish 20 Productions from your age or 30 previous
Floating City - Research a tech
Foundations - Gather 20 of each OF good
Alliance? - Acquire 4 sectors
Signal Failure - Finish each production
Tethered City - MoPo 30
Undersea Earthquake - Acquire Red Sea
Aftershocks - Gather 2m supplies
Retreat - Gain 15k population
Busy - Spend 50 fp's
Water Sample - Finish 8h production 10x
Unknown Element - Scout Upper Grotto
Orichalcum? - Research a tech
Rumor - Acquire Upper Grotto
Covering Ears - Scout Nautical Parlay
(more to come)

DeletedUser13838

So 30+ days later I've made my way through the last of FE map, AF and OF1 map. I was thinking along the way that once I reached the end of the OF1 map I might get the third recurring questgiver since I'm still in OF1 tech but apparently that is not the case as the Story Quest is now taking me into the OF2 map.
Yes, what happens is that when you get to the end of the OF1 tech tree and map (or AF1 at the time) before OF2 is released you can get the 3 recurring quests. Once OF2 is released you lose the recurring quest givers and only get all 3 back when you complete the new tech tree and map (not sure about the tech tree tbh as I usually complete it asap). Rinse and repeat with OF3 and beyond (I'm not done with the OF3 map yet so I'm still missing the 3rd QG).

DeletedUser26965

Yes, what happens is that when you get to the end of the OF1 tech tree and map (or AF1 at the time) before OF2 is released you can get the 3 recurring quests. Once OF2 is released you lose the recurring quest givers and only get all 3 back when you complete the new tech tree and map (not sure about the tech tree tbh as I usually complete it asap). Rinse and repeat with OF3 and beyond (I'm not done with the OF3 map yet so I'm still missing the 3rd QG).
So what happens if you don't get to it before the next expansion after OF? You never get it?

DeletedUser26965

Wanted to update this. Today the Story Quest line ended and I have acquired the third questgiver slot.:):):):):)

3-questgivers.gif

It was quite the journey. Was chugging right along and would have gotten it much sooner but got interrupted with a GvG beat-down my guild received lol but it's been a great opportunity to boost my fight count and great fun.

- I have the entire Continent Map complete except for one Province I left behind in OF1(Walled Gulf).

- I have 17 techs complete in OF which puts me in OF2

-I dread doing anymore Tech or that last Province because I'm sure doing either will trigger more storyline quests and I'll lose the third questgiver slot again to it.

-I learned from Beta that three recurring questgivers have been a thing available for a long time to anyone who was at the end of the storyline before a new expansion opened so this was the same for AF, FE etc.

-I created a post that may help others regarding quests and such Story Quests in Arctic Future and Beyond (Oceanic Future 3 Map Included)

BAD NEWS MAYBE? What happens when OF4 comes out?:eek: Will I lose the third slot to the story questline?:mad: Not sure but will come back at that time to update as OF4 is just around the corner.

Minor update: Got that last province OF1(Walled Gulf) done so now the entire map is complete and OF2 tech is done as well so neither of these triggered anymore quests. I assume anymore quests will be triggered by completing an OF3 tech and will update at that time.

DeletedUser26965

Update: With the release of OF4 the third recurring quest giver slot made way for the Story questline as I suspected. I'm sure once I get through that storyline again the third recurring quest giver shall return.

DeletedUser29352

You won't get the third OF Recurring Quest until you completely finish the Story Quest line. I just did this last week, and now have three loop quests going.

If you have completed the tech tree and the continent map, many of the Story Quests will auto-complete for you, so it might not take as long to catch up as you think.
I stayed in TE a long time and had 3 quest givers the entire time. I lost it when I scouted my first FE sector.