• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Gifting

• Thread starter DeletedUser11623
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser11623

Hey guys, do you ever open your inventory and just wonder what is the purpose of that "Gift" tab? Unless I wasn't here for an event or time when it was used its' existence completely baffles me. So then I began to wonder what possible uses it could have. I know that you can't propose trading resources such as coins, supplies, diamonds etc. but then I came up with this...

What if you were able to gift blue prints? Now stay with me, I know you're not able to propose ideas on what to do with extra blue prints but this is not a new idea, it's already in the game. What I am suggesting is instead of trading two blueprints for a chance at a new one for yourself, what if you could gift two of your extra blueprints and gift them to a friend, guild member, or neighbor.

How this would work specifically is if you had two extra blueprints from the same Great Building you would have the original option to trade them in for yourself but there would also be a button to "gift" them. If you choose to gift them you would then type in the players name and hit okay and then the confirmation window and all that yadah yadah. Then the player you sent the gift to would open their inventory, open the gift tab, click on the (Great Building name here) blueprint and when they choose to use it, it would function the exact same way as when you get them regularly: An 11.1% chance at getting any of the 9 pieces from that building.

As for possible abuse prevention, I believe the the same system that stops players from donating to buildings on the same IP adress would be sufficient; if you're on the same IP address you can't gift blue prints.

Let me know what you guys think. Thanks guys.

cspinasdf

I don't really like this idea. It'd provide an influx of great buildings, and thereby reduce the rate at which great buildings are leveled.

DeletedUser11623

I don't think there would be any noticeable change in the rate at which Great Building were built after all you still have to think about the odds of getting a BP you need. First the person would have to m/p or donate to get 2 blueprints to trade in, and assuming it would probably take them anywhere between 2 and 5 days to get two repeat blueprints of the same building and then the person they gift it too would still only have a have a small chance to get that last one or two pieces, or if they're not even close to having all the pieces one BP gifted to them from 2 - 5 days effort from another player wouldn't make a huge difference.

DeletedUser10517

Nope. Dont like gifting ideas.

I love this game for the way it is. You get what you earn.

DeletedUser8152

I don't think there would be any noticeable change in the rate at which Great Building were built after all you still have to think about the odds of getting a BP you need. First the person would have to m/p or donate to get 2 blueprints to trade in, and assuming it would probably take them anywhere between 2 and 5 days to get two repeat blueprints of the same building and then the person they gift it too would still only have a have a small chance to get that last one or two pieces, or if they're not even close to having all the pieces one BP gifted to them from 2 - 5 days effort from another player wouldn't make a huge difference.
I don't think that is true, I think it would make a huge difference. Sure I can save up my extra BPs to unlock levels, but that is pretty inefficient. I'd much rather trade them away in exchange for forge point donations. So probably 10 FP or so would buy you a blueprint, whenever you want. That's a lot more efficient than the M/P grind or playing for contribution rewards.

DeletedUser11463

Like the suggestion. I have a huge amount of duplicates in GB's I don't plan to expand past 10. Would be nice to use as rewards for FP's into my GB's or for fellow guild members.

DeletedUser13270

Hey with the latest idiotic update 1.36, we could use this to gift troops so that someone with trusted rights could actually place them instead of trusting every guild member.
:)

Status
Not open for further replies.