• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Gifts

• Thread starter DeletedUser26113
  • Start date

DeletedUser26113

Will the FOE team ever make it so you can give gifts to any one why have it if we can not use it.

DeletedUser8420

Most likely not, there has been rumors that they are going to even take that down because many requests for it to be opened.

DeletedUser25431

Oh, I wouldn't be too quick to close the door on the idea, unless you're personally prejudiced against it.

Something like this could work. This concept is barking up the right tree, just the wrong branch. We all get to a point where we have way too much stuff in our inventories that we'd like to be rid of (but don't want to outright waste) that someone else might really appreciate; stuff we never even use in a pinch on a quest. And something clearly does yet need to be done about it.

1 - Perhaps instead of an outright gift, make it an "exchange" situation: players have the option to trade gifts (of their own choosing) between themselves; simultaneously gifting each other in a manner they each agree is acceptable.

2 - Have a "Surplus" screen where stuff folks don't want is replicated from their own gifting screen. Others can email them with what they're willing to trade for it. Have it confined to the same limits of the Market place screen: Neighbors, Friends and Guild mates.

If players establish an in-game email connection and negotiate an acceptable agreement, they can enter a private "Barter With" screen where each can move the appropriate items into slots and each has to hit the "accept" button: Trade accomplished.

3 - Just make it so a person cannot use or deploy their received gift unless and/or until they are at the level of the gift.

4 - It could be flexible, accommodating a 1 to 1 ratio, or ten lesser items for one greater one, etc. - whatever each agrees is acceptable enough to commit to trade and push the "accept" button.

5 - Establish a period limit on such Bartering: Only 1 per week, or some such thing.

6 - Establish a limit on intra-guild and Friend trading so as not to prejudice the option against those who just want to play the game and don't want to have to put up with anybody else on a regular basis.

Something that works can be easily achieved, if the inherent prejudice spewed by those who have some ulterior motive against the so called 'gifting" practice, period, is seen for the defeatist rhetoric meant to sabotage and outright kill the idea that it is, when constructive criticism is clearly the only way to help the option become a reality.

To those who like this and want to pursue this or anything that leads to so called “gifting,” thanx and good luck.

To those hive-mined who just want to kill any gifting and shout such discussion or constructive criticism down, “Yes, I voted for Trump and I’m positively thrilled!”

I’ve said my piece. I’m out.

3l3v3n11

I really agree! I believe a gifting option or trading would be wonderful to have. I am one of those players that has plenty in my inventory that I don't want to delete, but I really don't think I'll use it. I keep waiting for the gifting option will open so I can gift it to someone who may use it. The trade option would be great so we aren't getting items we don't want again that are gifted to us. This could crowd inventory more than what it currently is.

DeletedUser8420

you do know that the gift option is on the "Do Not Suggest" list....so that, at least for the foreseeable future closes the door on it.

Ylisaveta

you do know that the gift option is on the "Do Not Suggest" list....so that, at least for the foreseeable future closes the door on it.

The latest update in beta removes the gift tab and button. In a video on their Facebook page, the game designers said they were going to because there were no plans to use it, and they were tired of people asking about it. I think that's pretty clear. The live servers usually get the updates about 2 weeks after beta (mobile users sometimes get their update sooner).

DeletedUser25431

Well, then.

Since the no "gifting" excuse is now out of the way and, clearly, no one is "prejudiced" against us moving "forward" instead of shutting down a "solution" to the "problem," someone should start a BARTER thread.

Now let the BARTER movement now begin.

Have nice day.