• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Global Cooling(oops) how about warming?

Climate change or Extortion?

• Climate change

Votes: 22 57.9%
  • Extortion

Votes: 16 42.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ProteusManifest

You guys are all crazy. Global warming, global cooling; natural occurrence, artificially induced; government conspiracy or undeniable truth; all of this distills into a single question: what can we do to save our planet? And the answer is:

Nothing. It's not ours. It's a planet. Stop being so arrogant. This place was here long before us, it'll be here long after we're gone. The earth will shrug us off, eventually, like the temporary weed/pest that we are. Save the planet. What everyone means by that is "save the humans current wasteful existence". Anyone who says otherwise is selling something.
I realize I may have undermined my position slightly by quoting "The Princess Bride" there at the end, but being venomous and nihilistic is hard.

RazorbackPirate

Representative Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez was appalled at the lines of people getting fuel at gas stations in Florida before the hurricane.

She commented that people would be better off with electric cars, because there was no way they could get more gas if the power was off for a week.

And ... Some people want the government in charge of climate control and healthcare.
And the Obamas buy a 15 million beach front property. Seems there's those who know it's a fraud and those who are insane.

DeletedUser36572

So...you either saw the picture of the tweet or someone talking about it on the internet and ran with it without verifying its source? Thanks. Welcome to the Internet. Not everything is true here

Thanks for the welcome, and the valuable insight on how to manage what I encounter on the internet.

It’s not that far of a stretch considering the Representative though. She did claim (in an interview on national television) that the Republicans amended the Constitution to keep President Roosevelt from being re-elected.

When you review the “ecological revolution” associated with the PAC (that helped her and other members of the squad get elected) ... It becomes clear how off her rocker she is (as well as a few of her colleagues).

An example is one of the things the PAC that donated to Representatives Tlaib, Omar and Ocasio-Cortez wants to accomplish ... Is the elimination of PAC’s as donors.

Look up Justice Democrats ... Read their own objectives, and figure out who they want pay for their elections, and then tell me they don’t think you are a bunch of idiots ...

DeletedUser36572

And the Obamas buy a 15 million beach front property. Seems there's those who know it's a fraud and those who are insane.

Fraud or not ... I know we are paying more for power where I live so they can build a windmill farm two states away (which doesn’t help our local economy).

I know we have less reliable service now that our power doesn’t come from the coal fired power plant, sitting next to a coal mine, not that far down the road (of course those folks were lucky enough to be cross-trained in oil and gas production as the coal operations were being shut down)

I know I still burn fossil fuel in the generators that run my house when the power company fails to deliver.

We are required to pay more for crappier, and less reliable, service ... That’s enough to amount to fraud as far as I am concerned.

Lannister the Rich

An example is one of the things the PAC that donated to Representatives Tlaib, Omar and Ocasio-Cortez wants to accomplish ... Is the elimination of PAC’s as donors.

Look up Justice Democrats ... Read their own objectives, and figure out who they want pay for their elections, and then tell me they don’t think you are a bunch of idiots ...
And..? That makes complete sense. How else do you expect to accomplish change in our current system? They have to call themselves Justice Democrats if they want any chance of actually getting any candidates elected due to the two-party system. Name the last 3rd party candidate to be elected by that party. Name the last candidate elected without a PAC. How often does it happen? Sometimes you have to become the thing you want to change to succeed.

DeletedUser36572

And..? That makes complete sense. How else do you expect to accomplish change in our current system? They have to call themselves Justice Democrats if they want any chance of actually getting any candidates elected due to the two-party system. Name the last 3rd party candidate to be elected by that party. Name the last candidate elected without a PAC. How often does it happen? Sometimes you have to become the thing you want to change to succeed.

You didn’t read their objectives.

They hate the class of Americans that contribute the most in revenues, and then want to use those revenues to defeat and work against the people that are footing the bill at every turn.

They basically want the taxpayers to fund their own demise, but I honestly don’t expect you to understand.

Lannister the Rich

You didn’t read their objectives.

They hate the class of Americans that contribute the most in revenues, and then want to use those revenues to defeat and work against the people that are footing the bill at every turn.

They basically want the taxpayers to fund their own demise, but I honestly don’t expect you to understand.
I did read their objectives. I just never saw anywhere about them hating this so-called “class of Americans that contribute the most in revenues”. They don’t take donations from billionaires or corporate PACs, sure. I don’t see how that means they hate them. That just seems like your opinion on the matter.

I honestly don’t expect you to read anything past the first page though.

DeletedUser36572

I did read their objectives. I just never saw anywhere about them hating this so-called “class of Americans that contribute the most in revenues”. They don’t take donations from billionaires or corporate PACs, sure. I don’t see how that means they hate them. That just seems like your opinion on the matter.

I honestly don’t expect you to read anything past the first page though.

Perhaps you can find the Cliff’s Notes to what ... “I honestly don’t expect you to understand” ... means.

DeletedUser36572

Huhrr duhrrr, can you teach me, o wise one, in the ways of repeating what I learn on Fox News?

I don’t watch Fox News ... Or MSNBC for that matter.

I do know why they won’t put a dent in oil and gas production anytime soon. That’s because oil and gas is where the government (especially local governments) get their fricken revenue.

The Greenies made the case that it was stupid training the coal workers to work in the the oil and gas industry when they put the coal company out of business.

The politicians were forced to tell the nit-wits that unless they wanted everyone on unemployment, the teachers fired, schools closed, the sheriff’s department gutted, the fire department abandoned, public water and utilities demantled, the courthouse closed and all the public employees fired ... The money was going to have to come from somewhere, and oil and gas was paying for a great deal more than half of the budget.

The Justice Democrats support illegal immigration and a welfare state at the same time. They support public funded elections, because they cannot compete otherwise, and support policies that undermine the organizations and people that would be paying for the public funded elections.

I said I didn’t expect you to understand ... But I left out the part where what you needed to understand was the basics ... Not some garbage someone on the television could convince you was a good idea.

Edit:
You could take everything the ultra-rich own, liquidate it, and it still would take care of our debt ... Much less the trillions you nit-wits insist on adding to it. All you would do is lose revenue bankrupting the rich.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lannister the Rich

I don’t watch Fox News ... Or MSNBC for that matter.

I do know why they won’t put a dent in oil and gas production anytime soon. That’s because oil and gas is where the government (especially local governments) get their fricken revenue.

The Greenies made the case that it was stupid training the coal workers to work in the the oil and gas industry when they put the coal company out of business.

The politicians were forced to tell the nit-wits that unless they wanted everyone on unemployment, the teachers fired, schools closed, the sheriff’s department gutted, the fire department abandoned, public water and utilities demantled, the courthouse closed and all the public employees fired ... The money was going to have to come from somewhere, and oil and gas was paying for a great deal more than half of the budget.

The Justice Democrats support illegal immigration and a welfare state at the same time. They support public funded elections, because they cannot compete otherwise, and support policies that undermine the organizations and people that would be paying for the public funded elections.

I said I didn’t expect you to understand ... But I left out the part where what you needed to understand was the basics ... Not some garbage someone on the television could convince you was a good idea.
No duh with what you’ve said about the oil and gas, but you think I’m the one that lacks basic understanding? Do you think it’s a good thing that a company has that much power? You’d rather do nothing about that?

DeletedUser36572

No duh with what you’ve said about the oil and gas, but you think I’m the one that lacks basic understanding? Do you think it’s a good thing that a company has that much power? You’d rather do nothing about that?

I didn’t give the company that much power ... Retarded people like you gave them that much power when you wanted more than you could afford otherwise in the first place.

Lannister the Rich

I didn’t give the company that much power ... Retarded people like you gave them that much power when you wanted more than you could afford otherwise in the first place.
Seems you’ve reduced yourself to just calling me names instead of proving your point. I was wondering if you were so screwed in the head you would have to make a question mean something it didn’t in order to support an agenda.

Thanks for satisfying my curiosity ... ;)

DeletedUser36572

Seems you’ve reduced yourself to just calling me names instead of proving your point. I was wondering if you were so screwed in the head you would have to make a question mean something it didn’t in order to support an agenda.

Thanks for satisfying my curiosity ... ;)

You’re Welcome ... Any Time.

The question did mean something ... Something that obviously escapes you. It’s plain as day and was an accurate response. I cannot help it you still want me to prove you aren’t at least shortsighted in thinking that all the crap you would like the government to provide has to be paid for one way or another.

Sorry if I don’t agree with your stupid idea of punishing the people paying for it.

If the shoe fits, wear it ... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.