• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Submitted Go Back To My City When I Click "Back To City"

Do you support this proposal?

• Yes

Votes: 10 71.4%
  • No

Votes: 4 28.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Graviton

Idea:
After defeating a neighbor the victory popup gives two options: Sabotage and Back to City. Sabotage takes you to the defeated player's city, that's all good. You plunder or don't. If you're attacking from the Neighborhood list, you then can move along to attack the next player in line. Now when the victory popup comes up and you click Back to City, you go back to the previously-defeated player's city, not your own.

I propose that be changed so that Back to City takes you back to your own city, not to the last city that was visited.

Have you Checked the Ideas section for the same idea posted by someone else? Is this idea similar to one that has been previously suggested?
Yes. I found one that proposed that if attacking from the Tower battles screen, the BtC button take you back to the Tower battles screen instead of your own city (not a bad idea but it was unformatted and never fixed). This proposed change would apply when attacking from the Neighborhood list at the bottom of the screen. The button already appears to function this way when attacking from the Tower battles screen.

Reason:
No routine circumstances come to mind where you'd want to go back to a city you already viewed after defeating someone else. This change would improve the functionality of the Back to City button. It would then (at least appear to) operate the same way it does when attacking from the Tower battles screen.

Details:
When you click "Back to city", you go back to your city.

Visual Aids:
1648846893789.png

1648848312641.jpeg
Balance:
n/a

Abuse Prevention:
n/a

Summary:
The button doesn't say "Back a city", it says "Back to city" which implies you're going back to your own city. So let's do that.

Agent327

If you attack and choose to sabotage, why would you choose back to city after the next player defeated. Or why would you pick sabotage if you don't want to plunder?

You plunder, so you pick sabotage and continue to do so. Only reason you ever want to go back to your city is after your fp bar has gone over 100 from plundering. You are making an issue out of something that isn't, unless you have no clue what you are doing.

I think it is more something for this thread

https://forum.us.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/reporting-text-issues.40807/

Put in that thread it will be handled directly without needing player support.

Pericles the Lion

?? "Return to City" takes you back to the city that you were in when you launched the attack (at least it does on PC). If you launch the attack from your city's neighborhood bar when you are in your city, then "Return to City" does take you back to your city. Just launch all attacks from your city and there's no issue.

mineseA

Why would you not want to sabotage a city after you attack them? It's literally a waste of time, and you're losing resources, even if they are just coins or supplies.

mineseA

Pericles the Lion said:
To complete a daily challenge or quest, to use up Himeji Castle charges, to build ranking points - to name a few reasons.

It's still a waste, because if you were to sabotage, you would at least get something, even if they are just coins or supplies.

Graviton

?? "Return to City" takes you back to the city that you were in when you launched the attack (at least it does on PC).

Right. Thus the proposal that the button take you back to your own city instead of the last city you were in.

If you attack and choose to sabotage, why would you choose back to city after the next player defeated. Only reason you ever want to go back to your city is after your fp bar has gone over 100 from plundering.

Or I'm done attacking for whatever reason. And I can't think of a reason you'd want to go back to somebody else's city that you already attacked and moved on from instead of going back to your own city.

Agent327

Or I'm done attacking for whatever reason. And I can't think of a reason you'd want to go back to somebody else's city that you already attacked and moved on from instead of going back to your own city.

Neither can I, but I can also not see whatever reason to make an issue out of it. I showed you the easiest way to try to solve it. If you feel the need to continue with this, fine by me.

Graviton

Neither can I, but I can also not see whatever reason to make an issue out of it. I showed you the easiest way to try to solve it. If you feel the need to continue with this, fine by me.

You didn't show me a way to solve anything, you suggested that I submit a request to change the wording on the button. I "feel the need" to leave this up and see what everybody else thinks of it.

Don't try to portray this as some kind of crusade on my part. I simply posted a proposal, and I'm addressing concerns about it. That's how this is supposed to work.

Agent327

Don't try to portray this as some kind of crusade on my part. I simply posted a proposal, and I'm addressing concerns about it. That's how this is supposed to work.

How is this not a crusade? How many times a day does this happen to you? The way I see it, this is just a minor issue. You are allowed to propose it, players are allowed to vote on it, but I have been around long enough to seriously doubt if anything will be done with it when forwarded. Just my personal opinion.

Agent327

I know what you are saying, cause I have experienced it myself, but I have been trying now and I keep being directed to my city and not to the previous city.

joeyto

Why would you not want to sabotage a city after you attack them? It's literally a waste of time, and you're losing resources, even if they are just coins or supplies.
Because if you do not take any thing from them then it makes the one you attacked less likely to actually attack you back or take anything, even if they do.

Agent327

I figured it out. When you fight manually you always get directed back to your own city. If you autobattle, you get directed back to the previous city.

The Lady Redneck

I am a yes on this one.
It is something I find irritating. And illogical. Why should I want to go back to someone else's city if I have finished what I wanted to do there and have moved on? If I click a button that says Back to City. I do so because I want to go back to MY city not someone else's.

Status
Not open for further replies.