• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Going After A Colosseum Owner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mustapha00

I find it..."distasteful"...I guess...that a Guild allows sniping between members of the Guild. I understand the whole "different strokes for different folks" thing, but....well, it's not something I'd feel comfortable doing, nor would I want to be a member of a Guild that tolerates, much less promotes, such behavior. But I also understand that's just me.

I'd also hope that such a Guild is transparently clear about having such a rule.

Have I had it done to me? In a few cases, obviously yes. But in a few cases.....did the player "accidentally" add 102 FP instead of 100 by just contributing all the FP they had in their bar, thus moving from 5th place to maybe 2nd on the reward list? I've seen it happen, and (far) more than once. Easy to prove the "what" but harder to prove the "why".

RazorbackPirate

I'd also hope that such a Guild is transparently clear about having such a rule.
My experience with such guilds is they're not. They count on a steady stream of noobs who have no idea what's happening. Happy to treat them like mushrooms so they don't figure it out. Should anyone raise a question about it, they're given the happy gas we've seen here to lull them back to sleep.

If guilds were transparent their description would read, "we allow in guild sniping, swap thread GB loading for 1.9 locks and promote unfair trades. We are a dog eat dog guild, every player for themselves. We are committed to taking advantage of each other for the benefit of ourselves. By doing so, we all get better at each other's expense. If this sounds like your type of guild apply to ..."

I've never seen a description like that, you? If you did, would you rush to join? No, they just do what they do, figure it out, or don't, hoping that they don't.

Last edited:

ahsay

My experience with such guilds is they're not. They count on a steady stream of noobs who have no idea what's happening. Happy to treat them like mushrooms so they don't figure it out. Should anyone raise a question about it, they're given the happy gas we've seen here to lull them back to sleep.
Again, ad nauseum, how many times in one thread can someone say the noobs are fine with it because they rarely get sniped or if they do it's by another noob. We even set up a rule against it but, once again, as far as I can tell it's never been needed.

So much for all your fantasy interpretation of a competitive guild. The reality...it works and it's been working for over 4years now.

If guilds were transparent their description would read, "we allow in guild sniping, swap thread GB loading for 1.9 locks and promote unfair trades. We are a dog eat dog guild, every player for themselves. We are committed to taking advantage of each other for the benefit of ourselves. By doing so, we all get better at each other's expense. If this sounds like your type of guild apply to ..."

I've never seen a description like that, you? If you did, would you rush to join? No, they just do what they do, figure it out, or don't, hoping that they don't.
I'll give you this...you are right about our description. It makes no mention of our sniping policy. It also makes no mention of having to trade fairly either. But neither have ever been an issue. Hmmmmm you gotta wonder why that is? Why aren't new players to our guild leaving in a huff upon finding out our sniping policy?

I'll go bring that up with our leaders.

If you want first place you put enough FPs to take it. Pretty simple concept if you ask me.

ahsay

I find it..."distasteful"...I guess...that a Guild allows sniping between members of the Guild. I understand the whole "different strokes for different folks" thing, but....well, it's not something I'd feel comfortable doing, nor would I want to be a member of a Guild that tolerates, much less promotes, such behavior. But I also understand that's just me.

Have I had it done to me? In a few cases, obviously yes. But in a few cases.....did the player "accidentally" add 102 FP instead of 100 by just contributing all the FP they had in their bar, thus moving from 5th place to maybe 2nd on the reward list? I've seen it happen, and (far) more than once. Easy to prove the "what" but harder to prove the "why".
I understand but let's try this approach. You may get sniped from outside the guild. Wouldn't you rather be sniped by a fellow guildee?

Emberguard

the noobs are fine with it because they rarely get sniped or if they do it's by another noob.
And that there's the kicker. I've been in and seen that sort of situation multiple times before. It's not that it's not a problem, it's that it either happens so infrequently they don't realise how it's effecting them or it's not yet having a major effect on their income. I can guarantee if this was regularly happening it wouldn't be such a non-issue for those noobs. Especially when it;s inhouse sniping and not the neighbour

Though you know what? The fact this rule even exists says a lot:
Our guild has the, 3, 5, 10, 20, 30, 40 and 50 threads. Those that can't snipe or they don't have the FPs belong on those threads. We had a rule anything below 50 was for newbs and couldn't be sniped...
If it was never a problem you'd never have a rule about it because there'd be no reason to even bring it up

Last edited:

ahsay

And that there's the kicker. I've been in and seen that sort of situation multiple times before. It's not that it's not a problem, it's that it either happens so infrequently they don't realise how it's effecting them or it's not yet having a major effect on their income. I can guarantee if this was regularly happening it wouldn't be such a non-issue for those noobs. Especially when it;s inhouse sniping and not the
You still haven't quoted any of those numbers you "supposedly" gave me so I can do your math.

Believe me or don't believe me...it's your choice. Your mind is closed. You have never experienced the nature of truly competitive guild and how it can work. I'd suggest you put your prejudice aside.

You think you're right but you have no experience to relate to anyone. I do have that experience, in 3 out of the 4 guilds I've been in.

Though you know what? The fact this rule even exists says a lot: If it was never a problem you'd never have a rule about it because there'd be no reason to even bring it up
You must be psychic or were you a part of our guild when it happened? It was brought up by an advanced player in anticipation a a "potential" problem. That potential problem never happened. But you try again to "guess" as to what might be.

Emberguard

So there was a problem brought up regardless of who brought it up. Not psychic. Just derivative info

Last edited:

ahsay

So there was a problem brought up regardless of who brought it up
Now this is getting ridiculous. Read the quote...errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

>>>It was brought up by an advanced player in anticipation a a "potential" problem.<<<

So there was no actual problem. Even in quotes you miss it...geezusssss.

Anything available on the numbers you supposedly, "presented to me earlier", homefront? I eagerly await them.

Algona

Now this is getting ridiculous.

No, this thread started at ridiculous shifted quickly to the absurd, and is now plumbing the depths of preposterous.

The horse is long past beaten and is heading towards atomized.

Seems about the only positive out of this thread is a clear argument for restoring the mark sub forums read function.

Speaking of, if we can't get that, can we either get a lock on this or some popcorn?

Emberguard

popcorn.gif

ahsay

No, this thread started at ridiculous shifted quickly to the absurd, and is now plumbing the depths of preposterous.

The horse is long past beaten and is heading towards atomized.

Seems about the only positive out of this thread is a clear argument for restoring the mark sub forums read function.

Speaking of, if we can't get that, can we either get a lock on this or some popcorn?
Sure...after you have your say...let's lock it. Classic.

Status
Not open for further replies.