• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Going After A Colosseum Owner

Status
Not open for further replies.

qaccy

Honestly, the problem we all have now is treating FP as if it's money and getting far too psychologically attached to it. I'll admit that I'm completely convinced this is the case and it'll be hard to convince me otherwise, so if there are any replies to this post you'll have your work cut out for you.

Emberguard

You tell me. That's part of the problem. How do you define sniping? I really don't care how it's defined. If you secure a place, with enough FPs, on anyone's GB the question becomes moot. You can't snipe me even if you wanted too.
Unorganised snipe = Unsolicited contributions / raising your amount above the agreement to take a spot
Organised snipe = using swap threads to prime a GB for 1.9 with the intent of bumping everyone off either completely or disproportionately to the rewards

DeletedUser38368

Unorganised snipe = Unsolicited contributions / raising your amount above the agreement to take a spot
Organised snipe = using swap threads to prime a GB for 1.9 with the intent of bumping everyone off either completely or disproportionately to the rewards
Wouldn't "sniping" entail some kind of intent? If you ask your guildmates in a 1.9 thread to secure a place on your GB, their intent isn't to profit at your expense but to maximize your ability to level said GB without permanent cost to themselves.
A sniper on the other hand is intending to benefit at permanent cost to the GB owner.

There is a difference.

Emberguard

Wouldn't "sniping" entail some kind of intent?
Precisely what I’m saying. It could only occur if there’s intent. Or are you saying it’s an accident the FPs ended up on the GB?

When 1.9 is used the profit of the rewards go to the owner.
When swaps are used the profit goes to the contributors

If either party intends to take away the reward from someone on the GB then there’s intent. The owner already receives around 30% increase on investment using only their own FPs to prime for the first 10 lvls by receiving 1.9. When I’ve done private swaps with no-Arc players intending for them to get 1st and 2nd I’ve found they also got 30% increase in investment.

Later on using 1.9 that profit gets closer and closer to 90% profit to the owner. By priming with swaps with the intent to bump them off you’re guaranteeing the only player getting any profit is the owner.

When I first started playing I was in a no-Arc guild. In that world I still don’t have a Arc. After a year even with taking breaks from playing I had 2-3k FPs in inventory purely from swap threads. In another world in a guild where players were successfully using swap threads to bump players off of spots no one had any inventory FPs no matter how much they invested except of course those using the swaps to prime GBs. The swaps were intentionally being sniped by 1.9. Guess what happened? Everyone stopped using swap threads because there was no point in swaps if 1.9 is going to be used with it

Bruadhin

When I first started playing I was in a no-Arc guild. In that world I still don’t have a Arc. After a year even with taking breaks from playing I had 2-3k FPs in inventory purely from swap threads. In another world in a guild where players were successfully using swap threads to bump players off of spots no one had any inventory FPs no matter how much they invested except of course those using the swaps to prime GBs. The swaps were intentionally being sniped by 1.9. Guess what happened? Everyone stopped using swap threads because there was no point in swaps if 1.9 is going to be used with it

This is why I stopped using swap threads and why I don't think people who use them should also use the 1.9 thread. You can tell me until you are blue in the face that you got equal FP in a swap. But that is baloney. The only reason to participate in a swap thread is the chance for rewards, otherwise you might as well self-level.

And earlier someone said they don't snipe younger players in the guild? Then who do you snipe in the guild? Advanced players know better and shouldn't be in a position to be sniped.

Again, nothing against sniping. I've already done several today. But it has no place within the guild.

Emberguard

This is why I stopped using swap threads and why I don't think people who use them should also use the 1.9 thread. You can tell me until you are blue in the face that you got equal FP in a swap. But that is baloney. The only reason to participate in a swap thread is the chance for rewards, otherwise you might as well self-level.

And earlier someone said they don't snipe younger players in the guild? Then who do you snipe in the guild? Advanced players know better and shouldn't be in a position to be sniped.

Again, nothing against sniping. I've already done several today. But it has no place within the guild.
Absolutely agreed. Equal FP in a swap is only the cost outlay. Offering 30% back in addition to the swap would be fair compensation for being bumped/sniped.

A neighbour or friend sniping I don’t care about. Neighbours aren’t allies so there’s no reason to expect them to act like allies. Friends I can dump if they’re not beneficial to remaining on the list. But guilds? No point in being in a group if you’re acting as individuals instead of as a group

DeletedUser32439

If you don't want to get sniped. Secure the spot you want with enough FPs. You snipe away Tucker.

some players dont have a lot of fp packs sitting around. some players still need to give daily contributions to try to secure a spot. some players dont have 80 arcs.

if you snipe a guildie, then it may benifit the guild , but it also hinders the guild. stopping the ones being sniped to grow.

ahsay

if you snipe a guildie, then it may benifit the guild , but it also hinders the guild. stopping the ones being sniped to grow.
Do the math. The guild gets helped, the guildee with the GB gets helped and the person doing the sniping gets helped. The only person who loses is the person who got sniped who wouldn't have if they'd placed enough FPs to begin with.

some players dont have a lot of fp packs sitting around. some players still need to give daily contributions to try to secure a spot. some players dont have 80 arcs.
Then those players need to pick their spots. Don't participate in the higher end swaps. Don't place FPs on the higher end players GBs and do the smaller ones. It's not that much of a mystery.

ahsay

Well now you're getting it...finally. Yes an advanced player should place enough FPs so they don't get sniped. Which is what I've been saying for some half-dozen posts now. Except there are many scenarios where an advanced player may not want to secure 1st, 2nd, etc. Most of which I've already mentioned.

Never said that I don't. I said it really doesn't happen. High end players don't need to snipe newbs; the return on investment sucks. Why snipe a level 8 GB and get 8FPs and some medals. When you can snipe a level 30 GB and get 10x the amount? Think about it...it really polices itself.

I've been in guilds that set up rules against it and nothing happens. The rule against it is simply not necessary. Any seasoned player that actively does that is an ass and will be booted long before. At least that's been my experience.

Emberguard

Do the math. The guild gets helped, the guildee with the GB gets helped and the person doing the sniping gets helped. The only person who loses is the person who got sniped who wouldn't have if they'd placed enough FPs to begin with.

Then those players need to pick their spots. Don't participate in the higher end swaps. Don't place FPs on the higher end players GBs and do the smaller ones. It's not that much of a mystery.
no. The guild doesn’t get helped. The GB owner gets helped. If you snipe to help the owner you also take away from 5 other players. So the only way to strengthen the guild and not just one individual is if every contributors GBs are also sniped so no one loses out. But you just said an active sniper gets booted out

It’s all very well saying don’t contribute to certain GBs. Someone has to once it’s in the swap unless you’re also suggesting we skip a player in a thread instead of contributing to the last swap placed. The alternative is as I said where every player at the time abandoned the swaps due to snipers within the guild

Last edited:

Bruadhin

I love all the mental gymnastics people do to convince themselves that sniping helps anyone but themselves. Sure, you do help the self-levelers, but other than that, you're just helping yourself. If someone in your guild can be sniped, introduce them to the 1.9 thread and how it works.

Again, I snipe and I'm proud of it. But I do not snipe in the guild. Don't **** where you eat.

ahsay

I love all the mental gymnastics people do to convince themselves that sniping helps anyone but themselves. Sure, you do help the self-levelers, but other than that, you're just helping yourself. If someone in your guild can be sniped, introduce them to the 1.9 thread and how it works.

Again, I snipe and I'm proud of it. But I do not snipe in the guild. Don't **** where you eat.

Mental Gymnastics..it's a simple progression of logic and math that you have never experienced. Try it, you may actually find I am right.

I eat in my home and I there too. The reason you want to in your home is because if you do it outside it could be a health hazard, it doesn't smell that good, a toilet seat, at least in my opinion, is more comfortable then squatting...actually it reminds me of how, like sniping, it may sound wrong but in actual practice it makes more sense.

Last edited by a moderator:

Emberguard

like sniping, it may sound wrong but in actual practice it makes more sense.
It only helps if everyone is benefiting from it. Otherwise one person gains at another’s expense. Ultimately someone has to fund your snipe.

Bruadhin

Mental Gymnastics..it's a simple progression of logic and math that you have never experienced. Try it, you may actually find I am right.

I eat in my home and I there too. The reason you want to in your home is because if you do it outside it could be a health hazard, it doesn't smell that good, a toilet seat, at least in my opinion, is more comfortable then squatting...actually it reminds me of how, like sniping, it may sound wrong but in actual practice it makes more sense.

Try not eating in the restroom, you may find the experience significantly better.

ahsay

It only helps if everyone is benefiting from it. Otherwise one person gains at another’s expense. Ultimately someone has to fund your snipe.
Very true...so that's a wash. Everyone does benefit because everyone can snipe. It's not selective. What about the person who get's there GB leveled faster...you conveniently forget that part of the equation. Then you also forget about the benefit the guild gets. More goods for the treasury, more FPs for leveling, boosted armies for GvG/GBG/Plundering...so I don't need to perform any "mental gymnastics" the math is pretty clear as to who and what benefits.

Lastly, you've never experienced what I have. You'd quit the guild. Try being in guild that allows it's members to snipe each other and then we can talk.

Status
Not open for further replies.