• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Goods for GB Goods Question

mamboking053

low era goods are almost worth nothing. For every oceanic good you could get around 16k bronze age goods trading down. That's the main reason most players don't care what goods you give in return.

However there's no reason goods can't be part of the deal. You're buying goods off the seller. If they want to make it goods + FPs then that's totally fair. It's also fair as the buyer to decide whether those specific goods being asked are a high enough age to be worth asking if their price should go down a little. If the overall price is already lower then other sellers it may be that they've counted those goods as part of the payment and lowered the FP price anyway

Yeah, I suppose it's fair to ask for anything. 'Reasonable' seems to be the better word to offer. As you said, I can see reason in certain situations, but if the seller is asking for both the market value FP price for goods and requesting higher aged goods to trade that comes off as grubby to me and I'll move on.

Algona

I kind of wondered if there was ever a point where it's too late to sell goods.

Selling in game is remarkably like the real world, advertisement and good prices and honest business and effort. The more you put in of each the more you make.

There are always new players starting in every world, and with low Era camping becoming ever more popular there is always a market for the better GBs.

Contemporary Era You naturally produce goods for 3 of the highest demand GBs in the game. Inno, Traz, CF. In 6 months of Peddling last year I sold a dozen INNO, 30 Traz, a dozen CF. Made about 10K FP at and it was all Goods I was making anyway.

Since I do trade 1:1 and require the sellers current Era or 1 less Era, I always have plenty of lower Era Goods to sell or give away. New Guilds and Guilds that don't do a lot of Obs and Arc will pay for Goods to stock their Treasury. Some folk will pay for Capitol and CdM. Neither is a big market.

How to tell you're doing selling right? Are you getting return and word of mouth customers?

'Reasonable' seems to be the better word to offer.

Hallmark of a fair or reasonable trade? Would you take the other end of the deal?

Emberguard

Yeah, I suppose it's fair to ask for anything. 'Reasonable' seems to be the better word to offer.
Fair:
> treating people equally without favouritism or discrimination.
> without cheating or trying to achieve unjust advantage.

Reasonable:
> having sound judgement; fair and sensible.
> as much as is appropriate or fair; moderate.

The two words are saying the same thing. It's difficult to give an absolute on what would be a fair price because you're gaining goods you otherwise wouldn't have access to and using it for GBs that will advance your city far beyond anything you'd otherwise be able to do. But I'd say fair is something that's not taking advantage of a players lack of understanding [the market]. Especially if it's at their expense or putting a big burden on their shoulders.

DeletedUser36624

So if I were selling you PE goods and demanded that I only want particular goods - say LMA and up- would you, personally, agree to this?
Given that I'm only in HMA, probably not unless your FP price was substantially less than what others were asking.

There are sellers on Xyr who require only LMA and up goods. I don't think anybody in my guild has ever bought from them because there are other sellers who will take anything.

DeletedUser38275

Firstly excuse my noobness (being first world mount killmore) and new to such fp-trades for gb goods; secondly for intervening in this discussion with a related question (first post here):

I am HMA, prepping to move to LMA, and have the bps for an Arc, which noone has in my guild.
My goal is to get the Arc for my guild to grow more, but the only high age player (AF) in the guild doesn’t seem interested in these trades so far.

I found one player in my world who’s maybe willing to establish such, but am a bit uncertain on how to proceed:
Is there a defined way to create/process trades fairly, and unequivocally, under defined terms?
(don’t want to give away FP and not get the goods)
Are buyers (the needy one) expected to provide their goods/fp first?

A bit of help would go a long way
Thanks in advance, and be nice in bashing
BBB.

Ps: our worlds forum is ... quiet :rolleyes:

Emberguard

I found one player in my world who’s maybe willing to establish such, but am a bit uncertain on how to proceed:
Is there a defined way to create/process trades fairly, and unequivocally, under defined terms?
Usually if it's outside of a players guild it's expected the player gives FPs before goods are given

However you can always ask to break it up into sections to mitigate risk on both sides. There's 5 goods needed, if you can define a FP per good ratio you can ask that after X amount is put in the first good is handed over. Upto you whether you do that for all 5 goods, or 50/50 or in lots of 1 / 2 / 2 or whatever

But whatever you do make sure it's clearly documented in the PM you're using as to what goods have been received, how much you've paid and what's left.

When it's time to receive the goods you must be the one to put up the trades because it'll be a "unfair" trade. If the seller puts it up pretty good chance you'll never get the goods no matter what precautions the seller takes because anyone can see an amazing deal and take it before you can reach it (Future goods for Bronze - Oh boy!)

DeletedUser29726

Firstly excuse my noobness (being first world mount killmore) and new to such fp-trades for gb goods; secondly for intervening in this discussion with a related question (first post here):

I am HMA, prepping to move to LMA, and have the bps for an Arc, which noone has in my guild.
My goal is to get the Arc for my guild to grow more, but the only high age player (AF) in the guild doesn’t seem interested in these trades so far.

BBB.

Established sellers will know the process (and want defined terms themselves). More or less you send them a message and ask for specifics.

Buyers are generally expected to provide FP first - the seller engages in many more of these transactions, has more time invested in the world, and needs a positive reputation. You can probably get most sellers to agree to trade part of the goods after part of your donation if you're worried about trusting them with all the FP at once.

DeletedUser38275

Usually if it's outside of a players guild it's expected the player gives FPs before goods are given

However you can always ask to break it up into sections to mitigate risk on both sides. There's 5 goods needed, if you can define a FP per good ratio you can ask that after X amount is put in the first good is handed over. Upto you whether you do that for all 5 goods, or 50/50 or in lots of 1 / 2 / 2 or whatever

But whatever you do make sure it's clearly documented in the PM you're using as to what goods have been received, how much you've paid and what's left.

When it's time to receive the goods you must be the one to put up the trades because it'll be a "unfair" trade. If the seller puts it up pretty good chance you'll never get the goods no matter what precautions the seller takes because anyone can see an amazing deal and take it before you can reach it (Future goods for Bronze - Oh boy!)
Thanks @Emberguard.
I had guessed about the trade, I’ve done some ‘unfair’ trades to ‘test the waters’ for limited goods (for GE). I have a stash, but unlikely to cover those 1875 goods needed, whatever the ratio goes for, especially with my low age goods.
I am in no rush to build the Arc, just found its bp rather ‘easy’ to find, and seeking advice.

Established sellers will know the process (and want defined terms themselves). More or less you send them a message and ask for specifics.

Buyers are generally expected to provide FP first - the seller engages in many more of these transactions, has more time invested in the world, and needs a positive reputation. You can probably get most sellers to agree to trade part of the goods after part of your donation if you're worried about trusting them with all the FP at once.
Thanks @xivarmy for the reply.
Is MK an ‘established’ server?
I do not see where to start to find sellers, tbh.
Also, as I am playing on mobile, I don’t get some features which could help, and seeing the lack of activity on our world forum, I am turning to this area to find answers ( I didn’t post there to not affect its quietness).

DeletedUser38090

I do not see where to start to find sellers, tbh.
Usually, I go through the top 200 players and message them if they sell Arc goods (and then contact the highest CF players after that). The more people you ask, the higher the chance of finding a good deal. You might even find a player who will hand them to you for free as long you can do it in 5 trades! I would NOT recommend making a thread on the MK forums asking for a specific seller, as only a few folks would ever see your message. It might be tedious to send a message to 200 players, but 30 minutes or more may save you 30% or more on your goods.

Also, going to be unorthodox here, but how "established" a world is not too much of a significant factor in what determines price increases or decreases. I've contacted hundreds of people for both CF and Arc goods, and for the CF, I've gotten CF deals from 75-583 fps on just one world, and 300-950 fps for the Arc on just one world.

But since you're in MK, best advice I could tell you is to talk to @Algona . He regularly goes on the forums, and is an awesome person to do business with.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser38275

You can try the MK world section of this forum. You will probably find specific information about sellers there. Here's a link.
Thanks for the link, @dontwannaname : as mentioned I checked that forum. There’s a discussion which I’d qualify as ‘outdated’ on the same subject, and I contacted its latest ‘replier’.

Usually, I go through the top 200 players and message them if they sell Arc goods (and then contact the highest CF players after that). The more people you ask, the higher the chance of finding a good deal. You might even find a player who will hand them to you for free as long you can do it in 5 trades! I would NOT recommend making a thread on the MK forums asking for a specific seller, as only a few folks would ever see your message. It might be tedious to send a message to 200 players, but 30 minutes or more may save you 30% or more on your goods.

Also, going to be unorthodox here, but how "established" a world is not too much of a significant factor in what determines price increases or decreases. I've contacted hundreds of people for both CF and Arc goods, and for the CF, I've gotten CF deals from 75-583 fps on just one world, and 300-950 fps for the Arc on just one world.

But since you're in MK, best advice I could tell you is to talk to @Algona . He regularly goes on the forums, and is an awesome person to do business with.
Thanks @mandythealabstard, I contacted @Algona.

Ps: I removed the rich text to have access to the bb-code, but now the links don’t autopopulate :facepalm:

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser29726

You may also find sellers willing to let you spend from your daily collections over time and trade the goods when you're done since you say you don't have much of a stockpile - make sure to tell them you're going to take some time as the buildings they ask you to target or conditions/prices may change.

Algona

Thank you for the kind words and referral.

Thanks @mandythealabstard, I contacted @Algona.

And BBB did contact me. I don't sell Arc Goods, but did put BBB in touch with a reliable established seller. Awaiting the results.

EDIT. BBB got their Arc Goods for 300 FP. Seems like a darned good price.

Last edited:

Mustapha00

On all but the newest Worlds, I would guess that there are many, many players who are selling later Age goods for FP plus Goods, so, if one deal seems "unfair" or "unreasonable", you are under no compulsion to take it. Keep asking, here on the Forums or in Global Chat, and a deal more to your liking will almost certainly come your way.

On the flip side, if a seller is constantly turned down because he is charging too much or his deal has unpopular terms, then he'll eventually get the idea and alter his terms. A salesman that makes no sales isn't much of a salesman.

My personal opinion? Well, I ascribe to the "a fair deal is one both the buyer and the seller agree upon" school of thought. In your example, if the seller offered a discount on FP and/or Goods for exchanging with him his preferred Goods, I might take him up on it even if it's a bit of a hassle. If not, then I'd probably pass and look for another deal.

Mustapha00

BBB.

In my seldom-to-be-humble opinion, your advanced Age player isn't much of a team player if he is unwilling to help folks in his own Guild start their Arcs. Maybe he's receiving far too many requests for help all at once and doesn't have the Goods to help more than one or two at a time, but, presumably, he'd make that known and ask for some patience.

But to your primary question:

Yes, absolutely, without a shadow of a doubt: get the terms of the deal written in the blood of at least two Saints before putting your FP on the GB of the seller's choice. If he wants the least number of Trades so that he has to spend as few FP as possible in picking them up (assuming they are not in your Guild), then agree to that early on. If they ask for a small rebate to their FP if they have to pick up more trades, then get that in writing too. If they want specific Goods, then make sure both parties are okay with that up front. If they want all the FP paid up front before taking your trades, make sure both understand that from the get-go.

You're dealing in issues of Trust here, whether the other person is a total stranger, a Friend or a Guildie. There's going to be a "leap of faith" as you hand over several hundred of your hard-earned FP with absolutely zero guarantee that the other person will honor their part of the bargain- and little, if any, recourse except for some good, old-fashioned Public Shaming. If there is a bright side to the potential of getting ripped off, it is that you're losing nothing that matters in the Great Scheme Of Things. It's not real world currency. Your credit rating won't take a hit. Your reputation on Tinder will -probably- not be affected. You built up that stash of FP once and you can do it again.

- KQ -

I understand, but to you personally, do you think it's fair for the buyer to demand a particular good to be offered for an FP-for-goods trade? In other words, would you demand a particular good for someone if you are receiving fp for the goods you are selling?

Yes, it's part of the negotiation. If you don't like the terms, you're free to walk away.

DeletedUser33331

Deals on GB's are done everyday and your guild has trusted people they use so just ask. In addition there are may good brokers for all kinds of GBs and yes they may ask for something some expensive some not but if you are in the CA and want a HC do you really mind paying? I do not ..... and it makes my city stronger and I did the same with my Traz and so it is part of the game and fair. Imho

Kranyar the Mysterious

I have run across many goods sellers that require Iron Age or up goods, since they can donate them to the guild treasury, which they couldn't with Bronze.

Being a IA camper myself and needing Bronze Age goods for GE 4, I have even hit up some of my goods sellers to sell me their Bronze Age goods in mass in exchange for Bronze age goods 2:1. So it is even possible to sell Bronze goods if you apply yourself. Found out about the max goods per trade limit, and the fact you can't trade for the same good at a different ratio in the same trade this way.