• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Governor’s Villa

Iggy112

Is it possible to get a level 9 Governor’s Villa without using diamonds in the Summer Event. The math seems to be working out to be one short (level 8). Some folks are getting lucky with the Sailing spins or are talking about getting an email reward.

Iggy112

The math seems to say that it may be “possible”, but not likely?

1) You need the level 1 GV + 8 upgrade kits to max out the GV
2) Milestones give a level 1 Gv + 2 upgrades, so you still need 6 upgrades from sailing.
3) 6 upgrades require 11 complete trips (first trip is an upgrade than every other trip)
4) 11 complete trips @ 20 per trip = 220 moves
5). Compass spins produce average of 1.8 moves per spin = (3x1 + 2x2 + 1x2) / 5
6) So you need 123 compasses = 220 / 1.8 (rounded up to 123)
7) Wiki shows only 99 Doubloons from playing each day and completing all quests
8) So either you would have to be lucky in getting 24 more doubloons from incidents or have compass spins exceed expectations

So when we say it is “possible” that may be correct, but perhaps not likely?

Have I made any mistakes in my 8 steps?

BruteForceAttack

If you are lucky and/or inno decides to double the daily event currency you get towards the end (In beta they 2 instead of 1 near the end of the event....doesnt mean that they will do it here).

Ralthor121

I have heard that you actually get 3 on the compass spin 1/3 od the time despite the fact that it only occurs once on the compass. So that should help.

ffblackice

I got around 10 doubloons from incidents at beta server and got lvl 9 Villa. hopefully same luck at live server. So far I got 3 doubloons from incidents.

Iggy112

Thanks for all the info folks!
1) If compass spin is equally likely for I,II and III, then expected value is 2.00...implies 220 / 2.00 =. 110 compasses needed...still more than the 99 published in Wiki.
2) I am confused about the Wiki not being official. With all the advanced information there, I have always assumed it was managed by Inno.

Agent327

2) I am confused about the Wiki not being official. With all the advanced information there, I have always assumed it was managed by Inno.

It isn't. It is managed by players. They get their info by playing on the beta server and this time they did not use the right info, or they did not update, cause they are dead wrong. Besides that, because it comes from beta there is absoluitely no guiarantee it will be the same on the live servers.

Farfle the smelly

If you are lucky and/or inno decides to double the daily event currency you get towards the end (In beta they 2 instead of 1 near the end of the event....doesnt mean that they will do it here).
I saw a thread between a mod and Nicholas and they added the secondary doubloon in the second part of the quests, making it mathematically possible to get the Villa without diamonds. I’m too lazy to search, so hopefully one of those folks will chime in.

WinnerGR

I saw a thread between a mod and Nicholas and they added the secondary doubloon in the second part of the quests, making it mathematically possible to get the Villa without diamonds. I’m too lazy to search, so hopefully one of those folks will chime in.
I would but my internet has issues connecting to Beta.
I'll try and get the quote.

WinnerGR

OK I have got it :
Thanks to your feedback on the event so far, we've reviewed the rewarded Doubloons, and the latter part of the questline will now be rewarded with 2 Doubloons rather than 1. It should now be possible to fully upgrade your Governor's Villa without the need to find sufficient incidents in and around your city.

As compensation, irrespective of your questline we'll award active Beta players with 7 additional Doubloons at some point on 24th June.

The quests will be updated with the next deployment which is currently scheduled for tomorrow.

Thank you for all the feedback provided so far!

Just An Observer

Here it is, the start of a week following a week with ZERO doubloons found in the field. None so far today. Given the sheer amount of crapola on the wheel, Inno could give everyone a dozen doubloons a day and it would not break the game. Who would make out? The Antiques Dealer...LOL! This is by far the worst Event since beginning play when the Spring one was going on. No action. No choosing. If I encounter another such poorly designed Event, it will definitely cut into my Diamonds purchasing.

Tytan the Great

According to the wiki that shall not be named, the last few days will give 2 doubloons each. However, until we get there, no one knows for sure though. If you are short, you still have time to buy diamond if you want. This event doesn’t have daily specials so time is more flexible.

Falconwing

It's possible as long as the ship map doesn't bone you too much. It's pounding my rear like a jackhammer. I've hit the one spot way too much.

I currently have no doubloons and as long as I log in every day and finish event, I can expect another 46. I am 111 ship map spots from the last upgrade I need. I have to average 2.4 spots per Compass, which is highly unlikely, so I'm pretty sure I'll have to spend some Diamonds.

I understand why the wheel depends on luck for the secondary prizes, but I think it is a load of bullshit that someone can log on everyday, finish all the Event Quests, and have to rely on luck to win the main prize.

Farfle the smelly

OK I have got it :
Well, now I’m confused even more. Thank you for that though.

Does this mean betas have an additional 7 opportunities and that’s the only fair way to get a maxed villa? Or are they saying that all players have the same opportunities? (I’m not including the email doubloons, obvi)

Lady Gato

When they try out something new in beta and it doesn't work out Inno sometimes "compensates" players during the game. And then I "imagine" the wrinkle gets fixed before they release the event to the live servers. Those who are in beta get to be the 'guinea pigs'. I think really since I've done both events (beta and live) that it was easier in beta than in live. By this time I was much further along - I don't think I'll be getting a fully maxed villa . But I have not bought any diamonds for this event either.