• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Great Building Attachments in the Messaging System Feedback

• Thread starter DeletedUser4770
  • Start date

DeletedUser4770

We hope you will find this improvement useful :). It will become available on October 11th. Feel free to share your opinions here!

Thank you for playing Forge of Empires!

Yours,
The Forge of Empires Team

DeletedUser

It should come in very handy in swap threads, assuming you can put the link in a post of a thread that is already going and you don't have to start a separate thread to use this feature.

DeletedUser27889

I was hoping they would have worked the kinks out a bit more in beta before seeing it here.

Currently in beta this does not work for mobile players. We all jumped in and started using it in the swap threads only to have the poor mobile people log in and see everything as blank. They couldn't participate in swaps until the leaders of all the guilds told their members to either not use this or send a second message that has the name of the GB so mobile players could see it. I hope if they are bringing it here that means it is now compatible with mobile.

The box you click to link the GB floats over any text and the scroll bar. If you write 3 sentences in any message part of what you're typing will become blocked and you cannot use the scroll.

You cannot send words in the same message you send the link. Sending the GB link is a separate message that sends automatically when you select the GB.

The GB image updates to the current amount of the GB. If you send the image in a swap it will say something like CDM 100/200. If you then put a FP on the GB after sending the image you sent previously will update itself to say CDM 101/200. If you're someone who likes to track their swaps by writing CDM 100 on the thread you will need to send two messages if you plan on using this in your swap threads.

I can't really say it's been tested much over there. With mobile players being blocked out of using it and not a lot of people wanting to double the time/work involved with sending a link, then sending a second message with the GB info written out some kinks are likely to still be discovered.

It did make the guild swap threads 'prettier' the day we were all using it. My guild leader over there had mentioned that sometimes with the GB button he's accidentally put points on the wrong GB, I haven't had that issue myself but this should help with that. I have at times loaded a GB only to forget what denomination I was supposed to use and have to click out of everything back to the message to see, this should help with that also.

DeletedUser24719

I dont see any great improvement to many GB threads already in existence in guilds. I would rather be able to send group messages to Neighbors and friends. The game chat system is in need of a lot of improvement

DeletedUser27889

They must have it working now for Live though right?
I can't imagine they would be bringing it live if still doesn't work on mobile. I really hope not, there would be chaos of every mobile player kept out of swap threads. Because mobile beta players were never able to test this at beta other issues could come up.

I'd really like to think they wouldn't release it until they knew it would be mobile compatible. At the same time there was no warning on beta that it was going to show up blank to a mobile player when they released it. Everyone started using it and all the sudden people were filling bugs saying 1/2 their threads were coming up blank and mobile players were asking in guild main why the swap threads were blank. There is usually a delay there when things are released and then released to mobile but usually it hasn't been things that disrupted a mobile players game. Also usually there is still a testing phase once released to mobile in beta in case there are any mobile issues. I know you know all that stuff already but just for those that don't.

DeletedUser24774

Please stop moving the logout button on the iOS version. Where it is right now (as of the update) is fine. That's enough. Leave it where it is, please. Aren't there other operability issues you can improve rather than continuously moving the logout button around?

I dunno which feedback thread is the "correct" feedback thread for this comment - I didn't see a general one for today's update.

DeletedUser

I can't imagine they would be bringing it live if still doesn't work on mobile. I really hope not, there would be chaos of every mobile player kept out of swap threads. Because mobile beta players were never able to test this at beta other issues could come up.

I'd really like to think they wouldn't release it until they knew it would be mobile compatible. At the same time there was no warning on beta that it was going to show up blank to a mobile player when they released it. Everyone started using it and all the sudden people were filling bugs saying 1/2 their threads were coming up blank and mobile players were asking in guild main why the swap threads were blank. There is usually a delay there when things are released and then released to mobile but usually it hasn't been things that disrupted a mobile players game. Also usually there is still a testing phase once released to mobile in beta in case there are any mobile issues. I know you know all that stuff already but just for those that don't.
I just checked it out on my Noarsil city, where someone had used it in a swap thread. It showed up fine when I accessed it on mobile.:D

DeletedUser28563

This feature is borderline useless you're on a mobile device.

If you want help with a GB you're going want to send it all your guild mates or friends. Not something you can reasonably do on the web version.

Also, the mobile version doesn't seem to allow text with the GB link. The text has to be in the group title...could be better. Web version doesn't seem to have this restriction.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser31592

Please stop moving the logout button on the iOS version. Where it is right now (as of the update) is fine. That's enough. Leave it where it is, please. Aren't there other operability issues you can improve rather than continuously moving the logout button around?

I dunno which feedback thread is the "correct" feedback thread for this comment - I didn't see a general one for today's update.

I agree. I do like where it is better. Where it was previously, I kept hitting credits and exiting the game to look at credits. Several times a day :mad:

The top is good. Leave it please!

DeletedUser

It is golden for guild FP swap threads. There is no need for text there.

And you should really have posted this in the Announcement Feedback thread for this update, not started your own thread.

Edited to clarify that this was a response to post #13 above when it was in a separate thread. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser27889

I just checked it out on my Noarsil city, where someone had used it in a swap thread. It showed up fine when I accessed it on mobile.:D
Great to know thank you. I was going to hold off using it until I heard from a mobile player.

DeletedUser

Great to know thank you. I was going to hold off using it until I heard from a mobile player.
I think someone on one of my worlds said that text still doesn't show up, but that is mostly irrelevant on swap threads, which is where it is most useful. :)

DeletedUser27889

Yeah text is still a separate message. I don't think they are in a rush to change that. As long as mobile people can see it and still interact with the swaps then the major reason it couldn't be used in beta has been taken care of. It could be better for what it is, I don't see it as needed as much as a cosmetic thing.

The trade one however I think will be very good. Especially for mobile players who can't see trader names in the list.

DeletedUser28563

Like I said, borderline useless.

What Announcement Feedback thread? All the announcements see to not allow comments.