• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Great Building Attachments in the Messaging System Feedback

• Thread starter DeletedUser4770
  • Start date

DeletedUser26965

Okay, that is twice in one day that something obvious had to be pointed out to me. I had no idea what you were talking about. And, I actually like that the attachment is updated instead of being locked at the level of when it was posted. I may be naive, but I operate on trust in guild swap threads. Maybe that's due to just being in smaller, more tight-knit guilds. If I were still in larger guilds, maybe I would be less likely to take it on faith that people are doing what they say they are. :)
Yeah I've had those days too, I think we all do so don't feel bad. And yeah the larger and more open the guild the more likelyhood of someone taking advantage of the swap threads but I never ran into the problem myself and I think my guild is like many larger guilds and go through players often throughout time. So I don't really think it's a necessary change but maybe something that might help some players sometimes and sometimes mistakes happen. At least maybe have a record of who donated to your GB's and when so you can cross reference or something.

DeletedUser31225

Someone taking advantage of the swap threads is not that rare. It does happen. Most people are nice. As a result it might take weeks/months for the matter to reach leaders. Sometimes some way to cross check things would be beneficial to admins.

DeletedUser26965

Someone taking advantage of the swap threads is not that rare. It does happen. Most people are nice. As a result it might take weeks/months for the matter to reach leaders. Sometimes some way to cross check things would be beneficial to admins.
If it takes that long to reach the leaders on the issue I suggest better leaders. I can recall someone missing to donate maybe two times in another guild I was in, once where I had to intervene because the player felt they didn't have to donate, he didn't last long and the other was a simple mistake that was quickly remedied. But I've never seen anyone come by and keep posting without donating, I've heard about that happening just never seen it myself.

Darth Mole

This may have been mentioned already but one of the great advantages of having the 'progress bar' updating as live is you can trawl back through previous posts to spot GBs that are worth investing in - obviously without peeing off too many of your fellow guildies.

DeletedUser31225

If it takes that long to reach the leaders on the issue I suggest better leaders. I can recall someone missing to donate maybe two times in another guild I was in, once where I had to intervene because the player felt they didn't have to donate, he didn't last long and the other was a simple mistake that was quickly remedied. But I've never seen anyone come by and keep posting without donating, I've heard about that happening just never seen it myself.

Sorry I was not clear enough. As most players are nice and trust others to put required amounts they may not notice it for sometime. Hence it might take weeks/months for the matter to reach leaders.

DeletedUser26120

I'm not sure if they are working on making the progress bar live? Yesterday I leveled up a GB someone sent me in direct message (it was in stix) and the bar updated to new level.

DeletedUser31392

I'm not sure if they are working on making the progress bar live? Yesterday I leveled up a GB someone sent me in direct message (it was in stix) and the bar updated to new level.

Not sure how many times this needs to be said, but the progress bar does in fact update every time someone donates to it, everywhere that the GB as been posted. For the update to happen you do need to refresh the message window by going out and coming back in. So while technically not "live" it does still happen in real time.

That is what the concern is from players, that they would rather have the bar never update on every single post. Only have the progress shown on the exact moment you post the GB attachment.

Though I think that would cause a storage issue on either the server end or our own end, whereas having it update on every post does not since I would assume the information on the attachment is directly linked to the GB interface.

Darth Mole

Not sure how many times this needs to be said, but the progress bar does in fact update every time someone donates to it, everywhere that the GB as been posted. For the update to happen you do need to refresh the message window by going out and coming back in. So while technically not "live" it does still happen in real time.

That is what the concern is from players, that they would rather have the bar never update on every single post. Only have the progress shown on the exact moment you post the GB attachment.

Though I think that would cause a storage issue on either the server end or our own end, whereas having it update on every post does not since I would assume the information on the attachment is directly linked to the GB interface.
I've watched it update itself as live ie not having to exit the thread and go back in.

DeletedUser31882

On mobile, as of yesterday+, I would have to 'refresh' the message page for the numbers to update.

I really enjoy the change, but echo the idea of somehow having the message take a snapshot of the GB progress at point of message sent for easier 'accounting'. The 2 options I like are the ability to post a short message with the GB attachment or the attachment automatically listing the progress at the time the message was sent. Even better would be a specific message thread for GB swaps that would auto-donate and link your GB attachment afterwords. My guess is the latter would be a headache to test and implement. I digress.

I like it. It is purty.