• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Great Building Block

• Thread starter DeletedUser17543
  • Start date

DeletedUser17543

I think there needs to be a way to block non guild members from donating to GBs of another guild. We have outsiders snipe members working on donating to their fellow guild member's GB, then flipping the GB and donating FPs to take #1 slot again. Some will flip and re-flip a GB. We have a way for trades to be guild member only why not GBs.
I know what many will say survival of the fittest, but someone from outside the guild will not know of special agreements made within the guild and cause issues. Besides big heavy hitters that can throw their FP production around spoil the game for others.

I think this would be an agreeable feature. Thoughts?

DevaCat

Doubt it will gain any traction. Description of a GB getting sniped, flipped, then flipped again sounds like 1) not locking and having guild member ready to donate and 2) possibly too many GB levels unlocked by the owner. Sounds like an owner problem to me. I understand that kind of thing can be a nuisance.

Vger

I know what many will say survival of the fittest, but someone from outside the guild will not know of special agreements made within the guild and cause issues.
Not only will someone outside the guild not know of special agreements, they likely also won't care. Why should they?
There are strategies to reduce the chances of being sniped, just like there are strategies to reduce the chances of being plundered. That's what makes this game fun.

ExtraMile

I think there needs to be a way to block non guild members from donating to GBs of another guild. We have outsiders snipe members working on donating to their fellow guild member's GB, then flipping the GB and donating FPs to take #1 slot again. Some will flip and re-flip a GB. We have a way for trades to be guild member only why not GBs.
I know what many will say survival of the fittest, but someone from outside the guild will not know of special agreements made within the guild and cause issues. Besides big heavy hitters that can throw their FP production around spoil the game for others.

And the next thing we should propose is to have an option to prevent anyone from plundering us. Because everyone knows that it’s not fair when others play better than us, or take advantage of opportunities we leave open to them. It’s Inno’s fault that we are sniped and plundered, and they should do everything they can to make the game less competitive.

Last edited:

Staint Michael

I think it is a stupid idea.

The Lady Redneck

I agree with DC. It is easy enough for someone outside the guild to see if a GB is on a 1.9 (or similar) thread. They know it will upset the plans of that thread but they do not care. So it is up to the GB owner, and also the investors to guard against snipers. The owner should not open more than one level at a time. and should arrange a time to do so when the investors are there to load it. It is the investors responsibility to make the effort to be there on time to do so. And also to make sure they put the correct amount in to secure their spot. That way the only one feeling frustration is the sniper.

Nicholas002

Also, controlling who can add to your GB, would make it harder to get Bps, as likely all GB owners in the "sweet spot" would lock their GBs to allow only guild-mates to contribute. This would remove the ability to get cheap Bps from sweet spot Gbs on your friends list and hood.

Agent327

This has been proposed so many times that I lost count. Bottom line, there is no support for it at all, for numerous reasons. If you want to know, look it up.

The Lady Redneck

Also, controlling who can add to your GB, would make it harder to get Bps, as likely all GB owners in the "sweet spot" would lock their GBs to allow only guild-mates to contribute. This would remove the ability to get cheap Bps from sweet spot Gbs on your friends list and hood.
It is the GB owners responsibility to do all they can to remove that ability.. To protect their GBs. Sniping a GB is simply another form of plunder. They have no obligation whatsoever to allow anyone to get cheap BPs or anything else.

Graviton

Sorry, not at all an agreeable feature.

Sniping a GB is simply another form of plunder.

I disagree with that. Plunderers don't give you anything and steal your property. Snipers give you FPs in exchange for stuff you don't have. I get why people don't like it, but I don't think it's akin to plunder at all, unless they level your GB when you don't want it to be. Denying a double-dip is much closer to plunder than sniping is.

The Lady Redneck

Snipers give you FPs in exchange for stuff you don't have.
I kinda agree :)). But with my hood I only snipe if I can make a FP profit out of it. Or at least break even. And usually flip the GB to get the instant FPs. So am getting back more than I give. And chances are I will have plundered them as well. So I see it as part of the same action. MY FL is different though. If I snipe on my FL. I will either just lock in my spot on their GB or leave them with a couple to go for the DD. and if the GB is on my FL and on a 1.9 thread, I will snipe at 1,9.

Vger

Snipers give you FPs in exchange for stuff you don't have.
I have to disagree with that. What is the stuff I don't have that the sniper gives me?

I have nothing against plundering or sniping. I do both, although I hardly ever plunder anymore, not really worth the effort.
But I'll grab a good snipe every chance I get.
But I have no illusion that I'm giving someone stuff they don't have. Self levelers, and players in crappy swaps? Yeah, OK, maybe they need my FPs.
Taking 1'st on a GB in the zone for way less than 1.9? Sweet! But I have no illusion that I'm being generous when I do that. Do You?

DevaCat

I agree with DC. It is easy enough for someone outside the guild to see if a GB is on a 1.9 (or similar) thread. They know it will upset the plans of that thread but they do not care. So it is up to the GB owner, and also the investors to guard against snipers. The owner should not open more than one level at a time. and should arrange a time to do so when the investors are there to load it. It is the investors responsibility to make the effort to be there on time to do so. And also to make sure they put the correct amount in to secure their spot. That way the only one feeling frustration is the sniper.
I can't stress this enough. Had a guild nimrod unlock about 14 levels of his Arc -- sweet zones no less-- and had it in a 1.85 leveling thread. I've never before seen a poor GB get so mauled by the hood! :D

Graviton

I have to disagree with that. What is the stuff I don't have that the sniper gives me?

I didn't say the sniper gives you stuff you don't have, I said the sniper gives you FPs in exchange for stuff you don't have: the FPs and medals from a reward spot. The GB owner doesn't own those, they aren't being stolen, they don't exist for anyone until they are claimed by locking a spot.

Taking 1'st on a GB in the zone for way less than 1.9? Sweet! But I have no illusion that I'm being generous when I do that. Do You?

I didn't say anything about being generous.

DeletedUser17543

And the next thing we should propose is to have an option to prevent anyone from plundering us. Because everyone knows that it’s not fair when others play better than us, or take advantage of opportunities we leave open to them. It’s Inno’s fault that we are sniped and plundered, and they should do everything they can to make the game less competitive.

Not anti plundering, as there are ways to guard against that. There are no effective ways to prevent sniping. Plundering doesn't mean you are a better player, usually just means you have in the game longer.

DeletedUser17543

That is the idea, allowing only guild members to contribute advance the guild within the guild. There are plenty of competitions to pit guild against guild.

Nicholas002

That is the idea, allowing only guild members to contribute advance the guild within the guild. There are plenty of competitions to pit guild against guild.
That's great if you are in a top 10 guild with 80 members. What about those who are just starting?

Sniping is an integral part of the game. taking it away would drastically change the game (I think for the worse.)

Graviton

It has nothing to do with guild versus guild. It has to do with crippling the ability of neighbors, and especially friends, to get prints. It's a bad idea.

Algona

There are no effective ways to prevent sniping.

Sure there is. Lock the spot. 100% fool proof.

The only reason 'sniping' exists is because folk make bad bids. No bad bids, no 'sniping.'

How to make your Guild 'sniper' proof? Teach your Guildies not to make bad bids.

. Plundering doesn't mean you are a better player, usually just means you have in the game longer.

That's as silly a statement as the previous quote.

Exactly as is the case in 'sniping' plundering occurs because the plunderee made an easily preventable mistake made due to laziness or lack of knowledge.

Laziness or ignorance are both evidence of inferior play.

----------

I don;t understand why a good experienced player would encourage their Guildies to adopt the attitude they can't prevent either when a few minutes teaching can equip any player to stop both kold.

Last edited: