• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Question] Great Building Boost??

• Thread starter DeletedUser29206
  • Start date

DeletedUser29206

Is there anything in the game other than leveling up a GB that boosts a great building's production

For Example:
A Tavern Boost to increase a GB's coin production or supply production for 8 hours
or some Special Building that also affects particular production aspects of a Great Building?

I suppose for the more military minded ... Tavern or Special Building affecting military aspects of a GB.

DeletedUser29206

No, GBs just do what they do, I'm afraid.
so would this qualify for a proposal, or do you see something in this that would disqualify it.

i.e -- various Tavern Boosts or various new special buildings , each targeting a specific attribute assigned to Great Buildings
--- as to percentages for each attribute I will leave it to the analysts to decide.

For Tavern
--- it would cost silver and have a timer, 24, 48, 72 hours

For Special Buildings (no timer, so would need a bit more thought)

--- can only be acquired thru special events or perhaps relic hunt?
--- requires land, and a road connection

GB Attributes: (23 count)
-------------------------------

Military Boost
Fierce Resistance
Population
Happiness
Medals
Forge Points
Goods
Coin Income
Supply Income
Supply Boost
Coin Boost
Quest Boost
Contribution Boost
Unattached Military
Aid Goods
Aid Blueprints
Aid Rewards
Support Pool
Guild Goods
Plunder Goods
Critical Hit
Plunder and Pillage Goods
Relic Hunt

it either
--- gives tavern 23 x 3 new activation boosts
or
--- allows for 23 new special buildings

good / bad --- do it or needs to be tweaked or kill it now...

Algona

I'd take a hard look at any potential problems or overpowering.

For example, if you boost a GB pop temporarily, build some buildings, what happens when the boost ends?

Some Side Quests pay Diamonds. combine with a Chateau Boost. Overpowered?

Arc. Already overpowered. Boosting the Rewards would be mickle good.

Seems to fall into two groups, boosting collected stuff and boosting static abilities. Boosting Collected may not be problematic. Boosting static looks like problems.

Not sayin' this is a bad idea, that's your call.

DeletedUser29206

I'd take a hard look at any potential problems or overpowering.

For example, if you boost a GB pop temporarily, build some buildings, what happens when the boost ends?

Some Side Quests pay Diamonds. combine with a Chateau Boost. Overpowered?

Arc. Already overpowered. Boosting the Rewards would be mickle good.

Seems to fall into two groups, boosting collected stuff and boosting static abilities. Boosting Collected may not be problematic. Boosting static looks like problems.

Not sayin' this is a bad idea, that's your call.

I completely agree I was also seeing pieces of this while writing it up. It would definitely need to be really well thought out.

in the example of the population boost, which is a really good one. You could go hybrid and make it permanent, with a diamond purchase in increments of .5% within the GB itself. Which could end up being another diamond sales channel for Inno. The flip side of this would also be viable in the sense of someone like me making the noob mistake of way overpopulating too early, and needing a negative boost. Sort of like roads where you can adjust happiness to a certain extent, maybe a small green and red house icon for a 25 pop increase or decrease, variable by age or GB level.

It could also be an option to put these boosts in the GBs themselves for diamonds -- this would be GB specific and not global to other GBs
... but this I would say needs a safety valve for non-diamond players where they can get similar for silver in the tavern or some building they can acquire.

but yes I agree Inno would need to sit a handful of analysts down and brainstorm thru each of the attributes before running with this idea.
--- they could also crowd source the brainstorm in game to see what players would like to see most ... and take care of some minor game weaknesses this way. Take the Colosseum for example a lot of new players build it and are later told they should sell it off... can it be enhanced, making it viable to keep around? maybe a happiness and medals boost is enough to extend its usefulness into later ages...

the other thing is this can be slowly rolled out so they can tackle a few attributes at a time. If at an event level it could take a couple years to go thru the list. Upside is they can use this to re-balance some of the less popular GBs, making the mix of GBs much more flexible and dynamic. Would be intersting to see the types of combinations people come up with too.

Algona

with a diamond purchase in increments of .5% within the GB itself. Which could end up being another diamond sales channel for Inno.

Well additional uses for Diamonds are on the Do not suggest list, see the stickied thread in the Proposals Foeum.

I can't see any positives that are good for the game. That's my problem though, a combination of the complexity of the idea and I jeep getting hung up on potential problems. Good luck with this, I think you'll need it.

DeletedUser29206

Well additional uses for Diamonds are on the Do not suggest list, see the stickied thread in the Proposals Foeum.

I can't see any positives that are good for the game. That's my problem though, a combination of the complexity of the idea and I jeep getting hung up on potential problems. Good luck with this, I think you'll need it.

then switch diamonds out for medals, it would give medals another spending channel

--- hehe I thrive on these types of challenges, makes life worth living :)

DeletedUser29206

But GBs don't need any additional buffing (well not most of them anyway).
then perhaps before writing any proposal the question here becomes

if you could pick 3 GBs and boost one of it's attributes what would it be, and why.

I feel the player base will have various preferences based on their own individual style of play.
--- Of course there will be some highly common buildings most players basically ignore today.
--- However if you could somehow enhance those; what would it be and would it be a game changer for you?
--- What would it take to revitalize some of those buildings and push them into a serious consideration or must build column.

in a fast analysis I've noticed for the most part GB's providing coins, medals coupled to happiness, population, and defense are on most do not build lists.

Tower Of Babel
Colosseum
Notre Dame
St. Basil's Cathedral
Deal Castle
Space Needle
Lotus Temple
Voyager V1
Gaea Statue

this varies a little between players and guilds based on objectives or style of play... in most cases though there is a high degree of consensus among these.

from a brainstorming perspective would the Colosseum be worth keeping around if you could go to your tavern and thru two drop downs select your great building and then the boost type you wanted.

in this case Colosseum and Medals
then thru three activation slots select level and duration

for 8000 silver --- 24 hours + 30%
for 16000 silver --- 48 hours +60%
for 32,000 silver --- 72 hours +100%

a lvl 10 Colosseum provides 35 medal a day
even better with a lvl 10 deal castle which provides 170 medals

---- this is just quick and dirty representative example, of what could be done.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I think the Colosseum and Notre Dame are the only ones on "most" do not build lists. The rest depend on personal taste and playing style. I think the game is on the verge of jumping the shark on boosts anyway, so I'm not at all in favor of this proposal.

DeletedUser29206

I think the Colosseum and Notre Dame are the only ones on "most" do not build lists. The rest depend on personal taste and playing style. I think the game is on the verge of jumping the shark on boosts anyway, so I'm not at all in favor of this proposal.

It is not a proposal yet, and even I recognize it would need some serious tweaking and brainstorming to make it close to viable, which is why it's in the questions section. -- mostly looking for feedback on if you had that magic lamp to make Inno do something like this, what would you have them do?

However all that aside I am taking note of your "jump the shark" comment, which if it turns out most seasoned players feel this way, then yes I agree, this would definitely belong in the " kill this now" column.

DeletedUser16163

I would also like to see the Colosseum updated. I believe something like this would make it worth-while:
Level Medals
1 10
2 15
3 20
4 25
5 35
6 45
7 55
8 70
9 85
10 100
Above level 10 = 10 extra medals per level

Or add a feature where the owner can get all the fps back if they delete their Colosseum. I personally have too much invested in my Colosseum to delete it. So it is taking up valuable space for little benefit.

wolfhoundtoo

Clearly it's giving you enough benefit for it still to be in your city. You don't have any FPs 'invested' in it. You have forge points you spent on it. Done and gone. So clearly you want to pretend you spent them well which is why you keep it despite saying it gives you little benefit. :eek:

DeletedUser16163

Sorry, I offended you. You are the greatest, while I am nothing. You kick your dog to prove how great you are. I simply made a comment. If you don't have anything nice or constructive to say; just move on.

wolfhoundtoo

My comment was more constructive than yours. You simply chose to deny the quite valid point I was making: which is if you truly think the Col is useless then you should delete it. You have buyer's remorse and now hope one day (as evidenced by your post basically asking to be gifted FPs back) that you put into that GB. You chose to build it and you got the benefit from that building for some time.

That's like buying a car deciding you'd like a different model and asking for all of your money back after a couple of years. You can ask......but you shouldn't be surprised at the responses you get for asking. :cool:

Last edited:

DeletedUser26154

You are the greatest, while I am nothing. You kick your dog to prove how great you are.

No need for this.
I'm not gonna scroll through all the above blah blah blah...

images (8).jpg

Let's keep it civil, friends.