• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Great Building changes for 1.20

DeletedUser

There is an announcement describing the changes coming to Great Buildings
http://forum.us.forgeofempires.com/showthread.php?5557-Great-Building-changes-for-GvG-and-1-20

this thread is for any discussion on the changes or questions. We will not be entertaining any proposals on this change until after it has come to the market. The entire discussion should be held here.

Yes, the devs will be updated on community feedback.

The changes are being announced now due to their nature, we did not want any surprised players.

DeletedUser

So if i'm reading this correctly, if I have a St Basils at level 5, and a Deal at level 5, and MY (donated to the guild) army is defending a sector, then MY (and only my) units will have a defense boost of +30 (+15 for Basils and +15 for Deal)?

or does the support pool concept extend to every member of the guild who has a Basils?
....So 80 guildies, with 70 basils, all at level 1 would bear a support pool bonus of any units in the GUILD army of +3% * 70 = +210%

Or is it only the buildings of those guildies who have donated soldiers, and are these bonuses combined?
....So 10 guildies donating units to the Guild Army, each have a Basils at level 1 would be +3% * 10 or +30%

DeletedUser2145

The individual GB bonus will apply to your own city only. The guild support pool works in a different way, it is based on defense GBs but it is also limited (HQ sector can have at most 75% bonus, surrounding sectors can have at most 50% bonus, and down it goes the further away you go from HQ). The GvG parts can still change before the feature reaches us, so specific details are probably best left out.

*Arturis*

Do we still have the 200% defend from Basil/Deal and 150% attacking/defending from Zeus/Aachen/CDM when doing pvp neighborhood or will be the new change of 60% att/def while defending and 90% att/def while attacking while doing pvp the hood? (speaking of all GBs @lv10)
My guess if the new change will be apply to pvp in the regular neighborhood, it will be much tougher for the attacking army when the defending army have 100s of WF which will be impossible to breach.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

the change is complete and effects the GB's at all points in the game.

DeletedUser2675

I don't like my attack GBs being downgraded. I've worked hard to try and max my buildings out for that 150% attack boost, now to find out it will only be 90%. This gives too much of an advantage to people who have bought a hundred watchfires and have uber defense. Another thing is on the world map some of the sectors have 125% military boost, are these sectors going to readjusted to make them easier.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Another thing is on the world map some of the sectors have 125% military boost, are these sectors going to readjusted to make them easier.

That is a very good question, and one I have asked the Devs. once I have that answer I will let you know here.

*Arturis*

Here is some figure for someone with a moderate number of 50 only WF
You attacking you get 90%att/90%def to an defend army with 60%Att/280%Def (50 WF and Monastery included)
Apply that to Battle Tank you will have:
95att/124def vs 80att/247def.

DeletedUser

"We have expanded the use of these buildings so the attack bonus is also effective in the GvG map.
The Military boost will now provide a +3% bonus to attack AND +3% to defense when your army is attacking, per level of the Great Building.

Where the building has an additional bonus, this will also be increased."

This clearly reads (because of the use of "will also be increased") that the bonus for attack GB's will now be 8% per level. Can we get a confirmation of this?

Ringthane

I don't like my attack GBs being downgraded. I've worked hard to try and max my buildings out for that 150% attack boost, now to find out it will only be 90%. This gives too much of an advantage to people who have bought a hundred watchfires and have uber defense. Another thing is on the world map some of the sectors have 125% military boost, are these sectors going to readjusted to make them easier.

I actually really welcome this change. The bias toward attackers had grown way too lopsided if you ask me. One thing to clarify though, does this mean that my defensive GB's will now give an attack bonus too when my city is being attacked? Hopefully this will even things out a lot more and put a damper on the serial farmers out there!

DeletedUser8006

"We have expanded the use of these buildings so the attack bonus is also effective in the GvG map.
The Military boost will now provide a +3% bonus to attack AND +3% to defense when your army is attacking, per level of the Great Building.

This clearly reads (because of the use of "will also be increased") that the bonus for attack GB's will now be 8% per level. Can we get a confirmation of this?

Additional bonus would be the useless coins or whatever the secondary attribute is. not the attack/defense %.

DeletedUser2675

I actually really welcome this change. The bias toward attackers had grown way too lopsided if you ask me. One thing to clarify though, does this mean that my defensive GB's will now give an attack bonus too when my city is being attacked? Hopefully this will even things out a lot more and put a damper on the serial farmers out there!

The game is supposed to be skewed towards attack. We only gain points when we win battles. If everyone hides behind an inpenetrable defense there is no point in playing the game.

*Arturis*

Yes it will be apply to the defending army with the new change instead of getting att/def of 0/200 you will get 60/60+n*wf+Mo.

DeletedUser4844

By "additional bonus" they mean stuff like Castel Del Monte's forge points or Deal Castle's Medal production.

Just to be clear. As just one example, where a Deal Castle has the additional bonus (in addition to it's bonus to defensive troops) bonus to medals, this will also be increased (you will get more medals then before).

DeletedUser2344

The upgrade notice is not well worded. I can't tell if the military GBs are increasing or decreasing in off/def bonuses. Could one of the mods please actually list the offensive and defensive bonuses for these buildings for the new upgrade? In other words will Zeus, Aachen and del Monte be 8% off and def bonus or 3%. Same with St. Basil/Deal.

Also, the below statement by this mod is confusing:

The individual GB bonus will apply to your own city only. The guild support pool works in a different way, it is based on defense GBs but it is also limited (HQ sector can have at most 75% bonus, surrounding sectors can have at most 50% bonus, and down it goes the further away you go from HQ). The GvG parts can still change before the feature reaches us, so specific details are probably best left out.

On our city in Beta, we have one, level one defensive GB in the entire guild and have a 75% defensive bonus on our fort and 50% bonus on all of our towers. So exactly where are these GBs helping? Just in an individual's attack. We have almost no support pool but seem to have maximum bonus.

<---Confused.

DeletedUser4844

That's the way I read it, but you're going from 10% bonus to defense for defensive troops (per level of GB) to 3% bonus to both offense and defense for defensive troops. Whereas 5% bonus to offense and defense is often going to be better then 10% bonus to defense alone, 3% bonus to offense and defense is not as clearly going to be better then 10% defense alone.

On the other hand, the attack bonus for offensive GBs is more clearly getting nerfed, so things will get a bit closer to parity between attackers and defenders.

DeletedUser

By "additional bonus" they mean stuff like Castel Del Monte's forge points or Deal Castle's Medal production.

The title of the text is military boost. Then it speaks of decreasing the boost, then it says also increased. You see the confusion? I would just like them to post an example of the new stats for a level 1 Zues. That would solve this confusing language.

Military boost

Applies to: Aachen Cathedral, Castel del Monte, Statue of Zeus

We have expanded the use of these buildings so the attack bonus is also effective in the GvG map.

Where the building has an additional bonus, this will also be increased.

*Arturis*

That's the way I read it, but you're going from 10% bonus to defense for defensive troops (per level of GB) to 3% bonus to both offense and defense for defensive troops. Whereas 5% bonus to offense and defense is often going to be better then 10% bonus to defense alone, 3% bonus to offense and defense is not as clearly going to be better then 10% defense alone.

On the other hand, the attack bonus for offensive GBs is more clearly getting nerfed, so things will get a bit closer to parity between attackers and defenders.
When you add WF into it, there will be a completely different picture.

DeletedUser

Ok, there seems to be some confusion.

the Militray attack bonus of GB's (Zues,Aachen,Del Monte) will be 3% per level

The secondary bonus of these GB's will be adjusted up (Aachen, Del Monte)

The secondary bonus for the defensive GB's will go up as well.

Secondary bonus refers to the non military boost all of these buildings have, (other than Zeus)
example, the coins of Aachen will increase