• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Great Building changes for 1.20

DeletedUser

Computer has 40% attack and I'm down from 60% to 33.

That is a winable fight. The AI is not skilled enough to make that difficult.

Players have had a very easy time going through the map. There was little challenge to it and that does not make for an exciting and thriving game. I beat most of the ME map before I even had ME units, that is just not challenging. (no I did not have 3 maxed out GB's. I had a level 10 del Monte, a level 9 Zeus. I just recently built the Aachen, but did it for GvG, the map was done already.)

DeletedUser3974

The developers have not "made a mistake", they have doen what they diod with careful forethought. They considered both present and future content.

We, as players, can only see the current features, the devs are looking a year ahead. The removal of the GB cap is something they have been discussing for quite awhile, The vouchers are your response to the complaints, not the removal of the level cap.

There are many more changes and additions to the game ahead, and yes many of them are a direct result of player feedback.
Now, let's all have a flashback moment......

Remember when every other thread or post seemed to be a request for guild wars....those were the good old days....:up:
They might have looked a year ahead and considered both present and future content, but that doesn't mean they didn't make a mistake. I think it's obvious from the player feedback that they made a mistake. As for the requests for guild wars, I was not one of those clamoring for it; in fact, when I first heard about it I figured it was going to be a drawback to the game. But even those clamoring for it didn't expect their GBs to get 40% downgrades. But your (and the developers') refusal to hear any of this is what makes people think you don't care, or at least don't care enough. I used to love this game, but now I'm just tired of it. I'm going to find something else to do.

ITown

I beat most of the ME map before I even had ME units, that is just not challenging. (no I did not have 3 maxed out GB's. I had a level 10 del Monte, a level 9 Zeus. I just recently built the Aachen, but did it for GvG, the map was done already.)

There is another explanation for that... the modern era units suck. Namely paratroopers, mechanized infantry, mechanized artillery, and bazooka squads. Snipers > bazookas, Snipers > artillery, Snipers > paratroopers. Heck, with the terrible attack/defense bonuses against ranged, snipers do decent damage against mech. infantry too.

Last edited:

DeletedUser6120

They should of just made a new game FOE2 and left the other alone. Maybe refund old players Diamonds to move to the new game. As it is now, I can no longer advance it the old style of play.

I was just about to get tanks and catch up with a lot of some old players and take the new world.

Computer has 40% attack and I'm down from 60% to 33. It just took the wind out of me. Why would they down grade my game so much! I no longer want to play anymore all I do now is sign on daily...in hope they will change it back and collect goods every 8 hours.

Not a happy camperAfter this week ends Most of my cities/towns will read ......

I'm no longer playing any Inno games till they give me my Zeus and our combat stats back.

I also think that GVG should have been a separate game, played on a separate servor.

I have found my attempt to play the game has been seriously affected by GVG. I have been playing Forge of Empires, with enjoyment, for a year now. Supposedly it would be voluntary whether or not to participate in GVG, but it is penalizing everyone, especially players who are not participating in it. GVG has caused serious disruptions to everyone playing the game. First, my GBs boosts were slashed down to nothing. While I do not raid neighbors, this has made conquering any sectors on the Continental map impossible, since the boosts that the AI troops have has remained at the "before GVG", level while my military boosts have been slashed to less than half of what they were. Moreover, plundering is way, way up, mostly because players are looking for more goods for GVG. With all my defense boosts cut to less than half of what they were, my cities can no longer defend themselves. It is also no point in working and spending forge points to level up my GB's because the designers have not substantially reduced the amount of forge points required for each level. Would you spend 210 forge points to get a mere 3% boost? Most of my GBs are now no longer worth the space they take up. Nor is there any point to building any more GBs, for the same reason. I cannot see how the designers idea of vouchers and cap removal will help any of that.

Another way that the general game is being ruined is how GVG has affected the goods trading market. With a lot of players pouring gigantic amount of goods into GVG, it seems that no one is willing to trade for anything else anymore. In my guild and neighborhood, our once large and robust trading market has dwindled to a fraction of its previous size. If you are still playing the game, you are still going to need goods for the Tech Tree and to get territory on the Continental Map, but if you cannot produce those goods yourself, it is getting harder and harder to get them. So advancing in the game is becoming very difficult.

These are prime examples of how the game is being disrupted by GVG. If you are not interested in GVG, you are getting penalized for it just the same.

I feel that the game is being ruined for many players because of GVG. I cannot say if the designers did not realize the havoc that would be caused by GVG, or simply did not care.

ITown

Another way that the general game is being ruined is how GVG has affected the goods trading market. With a lot of players pouring gigantic amount of goods into GVG, it seems that no one is willing to trade for anything else anymore. In my guild and neighborhood, our once large and robust trading market has dwindled to a fraction of its previous size. If you are still playing the game, you are still going to need goods for the Tech Tree and to get territory on the Continental Map, but if you cannot produce those goods yourself, it is getting harder and harder to get them. So advancing in the game is becoming very difficult.

This. All my guildmates who produce PE goods refuse to trade their goods with me because they are dumping them all into GvG.

DeletedUser9074

I feel that the game is being ruined for many players because of GVG. I cannot say if the designers did not realize the havoc that would be caused by GVG, or simply did not care.

I'm sure the profit potential looked great to them on paper. Now that a lot of people quit the game, I'm sure they realize how big a mistake they have made. Remember "If it isn't broke, don't fix it". Greed is always the downfall of man.

DeletedUser6547

Quitting

I'm sure the profit potential looked great to them on paper. Now that a lot of people quit the game, I'm sure they realize how big a mistake they have made. Remember "If it isn't broke, don't fix it". Greed is always the downfall of man.

Speaking of quitting the game. I'd like to quit in at least 2 of the worlds I'm playing in, but can't seem to figure out how. Other than deleting all of your buildings and not logging in, is there a way to officially quit the game?

DeletedUser

That is a winable fight. The AI is not skilled enough to make that difficult.

Players have had a very easy time going through the map. There was little challenge to it and that does not make for an exciting and thriving game. I beat most of the ME map before I even had ME units, that is just not challenging. (no I did not have 3 maxed out GB's. I had a level 10 del Monte, a level 9 Zeus. I just recently built the Aachen, but did it for GvG, the map was done already.)
Yes other players have gone through the map easy, why can't I?

It seems now, all the big players want to lock that easy door so they can stay GODS!

I should be able to go past that map like the rest have. Don't down grade the game! Give me back my GB combat.
You will soon be playing with your selves!

The old game was full of cheats.....most of the cheats came from Innogames to rob you of your credit card #s Then they have to money and lock others from ever catching up.

DeletedUser

I also think that GVG should have been a separate game, played on a separate servor.

I have found my attempt to play the game has been seriously affected by GVG. I have been playing Forge of Empires, with enjoyment, for a year now. Supposedly it would be voluntary whether or not to participate in GVG, but it is penalizing everyone, especially players who are not participating in it. GVG has caused serious disruptions to everyone playing the game. First, my GBs boosts were slashed down to nothing. While I do not raid neighbors, this has made conquering any sectors on the Continental map impossible, since the boosts that the AI troops have has remained at the "before GVG", level while my military boosts have been slashed to less than half of what they were. Moreover, plundering is way, way up, mostly because players are looking for more goods for GVG. With all my defense boosts cut to less than half of what they were, my cities can no longer defend themselves. It is also no point in working and spending forge points to level up my GB's because the designers have not substantially reduced the amount of forge points required for each level. Would you spend 210 forge points to get a mere 3% boost? Most of my GBs are now no longer worth the space they take up. Nor is there any point to building any more GBs, for the same reason. I cannot see how the designers idea of vouchers and cap removal will help any of that.

These are prime examples of how the game is being disrupted by GVG. If you are not interested in GVG, you are getting penalized for it just the same.

That post sums it up for me. All my GB leveling has been taken away in one swift hatched job. All the time and FP spent has gone to waste.

DeletedUser9860

+1 Rydeck! You hit the nail on the head! I too was playing over in Beta and came to the same conclusion!

Same here, this game actually used to be fun and now i am just seeing my friends i made on East nagach just walk away from the game saying inno blew it.

i don't want to say you guys blew it but it was not a very good idea to downgrade the GB's attack and defense even i am struggling bad to keep my guild running on GvG...

i used to depend on GB since i am so advanced on the map that i am currently fighting against a mix of industrial and progressive army vs colonial age. i was winning a lot but now i just get dismantled...

i am not by any means trying to put down the idea of GvG, but i am definitely not for that GB downgrade, that was just absurd movement.

ITown

Same here, this game actually used to be fun and now i am just seeing my friends i made on East nagach just walk away from the game saying inno blew it.

i don't want to say you guys blew it but it was not a very good idea to downgrade the GB's attack and defense even i am struggling bad to keep my guild running on GvG...

i used to depend on GB since i am so advanced on the map that i am currently fighting against a mix of industrial and progressive army vs colonial age. i was winning a lot but now i just get dismantled...

i am not by any means trying to put down the idea of GvG, but i am definitely not for that GB downgrade, that was just absurd movement.

I don't like the GB nerfs either, but I don't think Innogames had ever intended for players to be conquering the PE tower with colonial units.

DeletedUser9860

I don't like the GB nerfs either, but I don't think Innogames had ever intended for players to be conquering the PE tower with colonial units.

yea is part of strategy by the way. logically GB are meant to help players during fights if u think about it then GB would be of no use at all if that was the case

ITown

yea is part of strategy by the way. logically GB are meant to help players during fights if u think about it then GB would be of no use at all if that was the case

I don't think players are intended to be able to win battles against units that are 2 ages higher.

Archers used to be able to win most HMA battles. You can't do that any more due to archer nerfs. There are other examples of Inno taking away the ability to win 2-age higher fights. This is just another case of that.

DeletedUser

The reason I stopped playing this game. #1 innogames downgraded the combat GB's #2 it cost to much to play the new GvG I would say have fun playing with yourself, but I see Innogames has made 5000 pages of 50000 fake players that don't exst. they are getting paid if I play or not

- - - Updated - - -

The reason I stopped playing this game. #1 innogames downgraded the combat GB's #2 it cost to much to play the new GvG[/QUOTEI would say have fun playing with yourself, but I see Innogames has made 5000 pages of 50000 fake players that don't exst. they are getting paid if I play or not:):evil:]