• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Great Building changes for 1.20

DeletedUser6774

Too bad they will not be compensating us for the change made to our goods producing buildings. I guess the military guys complained louder. Oh well. Still too risky to buy things in this game as the developers seem intent on continual changes to our purchases after we buy them. A very shameful situation.

DeletedUser

The announcement did not explain one thing clearly: can the voucher only be used when an offensive GB is maxed, or can it be used no matter what level the GB is at? Because if the voucher can only be used when a Gb is maxed it still means that the majority of players will still be screwed out of their bonus; only a selected few top players get to enjoy these vouchers.

DeletedUser3556

They wouldn't care when you want to use it. If you don't want to wait for it to get maxed before you spend it, its your choice. Your only making harder on yourself to level your great building if you chose to use it when when its levels are low and the costs are cheaper to level. Then again most people don't level their own great buildings so that might be the only way some will see a new level.

DeletedUser6774

To clarify, did the developers decide to remove the level cap because it was planned all along? Or because they saw the overwhelmingly negative feedback over the changes?

Good question. I think they wanted to limit the bonus' as new ages were introduced. They needed to balance out a bit I think.

DeletedUser6120

I'm enjoying watching all the rage here, as though people think that somehow these nerfs apply only to them and not their neighbors as well...... As though these nerfs are somehow putting them at a disadvantage while everyone else gets to keep +5% +5% per level zeuses. This is pretty hilarious.

So if your house was robbed, you would feel better knowing that the other houses in the neighborhood had been robbed too? How would that have made your loss better?

I think the point is that people with GB worked hard and spent a lot of forge points to get to the levels they are on. And now those boosts have been slashed to nothing. The designers have given nothing in return for what they took. They have not reduced the number of forge points needed for each level. My St. Basil is now not worth the space it is taking up. I would never have considered building it for a pitiful 3% boost per level, and I certainly will not be spending any forge points to level it up any further for a worthless 3%. Something of value was stolen from me, and knowing that it was also stolen from my friends and neighbors does not make me feel any better.

ITown

My St. Basil is now not worth the space it is taking up. I would never have considered building it for a pitiful 3% boost per level, and I certainly will not be spending any forge points to level it up any further for a worthless 3%. Something of value was stolen from me, and knowing that it was also stolen from my friends and neighbors does not make me feel any better.

I think you picked a bad example. St. Basil was barely nerfed at all.

DeletedUser9074

To clarify, did the developers decide to remove the level cap because it was planned all along? Or because they saw the overwhelmingly negative feedback over the changes?

Most likely they saw their profits dropping due to diamond buyers bailing out of the game.

DeletedUser6120

A watch fire does not work with GvG and also does not provide attack boost to your defending units in PvP.

Well, that's peachy. IF you engage in war games in pvp or gvg. Which I do not. And many other players do not. I am all the way through to the Industrial age in two of my cities, and never engaged in either one. So the GB's that I built to help defend my city are now worth less than half what they were. And now my city is getting plundered because its' defense was slashed to less than half of what it was. How, exactly, is this supposed to be of benefit to me? All the changes are penalizing me, and gaining me nothing. This was a really bad idea that the designers came up with. They did not give enough thought, or perhaps did not care, how it would affect a lot of their player/customers. Yes, I am also a diamonds buyer, but I will not be buying any more any time soon. Or putting up any more GBs. This game attracted and kept a large number of players because it satisfied many playing options, not just war games. I think this will cost them a lot of players

DeletedUser6120

You are aware that nobody has to do GvG, and if you simply never click the button, you never enter GvG, and you lose absolutely nothing for not participating?

You lose nothing by not participating? yes, it should be that way. But it is not. I do not play war games, and have no interest in pvp, or GVG. But I have been penalized just the same. For example. I have a St. Basil's that gave my city a defensive boost of 30%. Now it has been slashed to 9%! My city is now being plundered by players that I was previously able to repel. But that was before my defense was cut by 21%! I worked on those GBs, and now they are not worth the space they are taking up. Now, tell me, how, exactly, have I lost nothing?

DeletedUser9074

Yes, I am also a diamonds buyer, but I will not be buying any more any time soon. Or putting up any more GBs. This game attracted and kept a large number of players because it satisfied many playing options, not just war games. I think this will cost them a lot of players

I have already seen three random players do as I have done and delete their cities, so I'm sure many others also have. It was a fun game, but ripping people off of real cash is plain wrong. Maybe they should think the game through, before doing crooked things like stealing. You can not fix the past, and Inno Games are now known for being con's so I doubt they can redeem themselves even if they double the GB's now.

DeletedUser6120

Nobody has attacked mine yet, but rest assured the new bonus does apply. I can see this several times when fighting neighbors.

- - - Updated - - -

Nobody has attacked mine yet, but rest assured the new bonus does apply. I can see this several times when fighting neighbors.

Maybe it applies, but it is of no value. The same attackers that were repelled from my city last week, are now getting though and plundering, because my defense was cut to less than half of what it was.

- - - Updated - - -

Frankly, I think it is a lame attempt to settle some of the outrage that they caused with their unfair changes. So you get a voucher good for one level? Big deal. A whole 3%! I am underwhelmed. And removing the cap? What is the point of that, if they do not substantially reduce the forge point cost of each level? The boost of each level is now so low that it is not worth it to spend that many forge points on. I certainly will not be wasting any more forge points on any military GBs.

ITown

except it's not 30% -> 9%... it's 0%/30% -> 9%/9%

And attack is a very valuable stat on defenders

DeletedUser3974

I think the biggest problem here is that the developers simply won't admit they made a mistake. But instead of just complaining about it (which I admit that's all I've done so far) I'd like to offer a workable solution (which has been suggested before but bears repeating):
1: forget the caps; 3 percent level 11 is not good enough.
2: reset all attack/defense levels to their previous levels.
3: make GvG a FOE2 game all by itself.

If you did these things, there would be a lot more happy players and a lot less players leaving the game.

DeletedUser

I think the biggest problem here is that the developers simply won't admit they made a mistake. But instead of just complaining about it (which I admit that's all I've done so far) I'd like to offer a workable solution (which has been suggested before but bears repeating):
1: forget the caps; 3 percent level 11 is not good enough.
2: reset all attack/defense levels to their previous levels.
3: make GvG a FOE2 game all by itself.

If you did these things, there would be a lot more happy players and a lot less players leaving the game.

#1 could work, although they need to lower the fps in order to make it worthwhile for players
#2 wouldn't work with GVG because attackers would be too powerful for defenses to overcome. A better solution would be to keep attack gbs the same and change defense gb only.
#3 you need in-game goods for gvg so it's better to keep the two intertwined. The problem is they rushed the product live WITHOUT finishing it (guild treasury!!!) or fixing all the bugs.

DeletedUser3556

The mistake the developer's made was having the bonuses as high as they did in the first place, 5% and 10% for Attack and Defense GB's, it has just been fixed.

People complaining about the change to Defense GB's should read up on Great Building Defend/Attack Bonus . Because while your complaining about 30, 40, and 50% defense boosts going down to 9, 12, and 15% you have no idea how useless your buildings were in the past against high level Attack Bonuses.

There are probably other posts created on the same topic "Defense" in the past but I don't have the time to find them right now.

Edit. If you read some of that link, that is where the change to make Defending GB's 50%/50% ATT/DEF came from, and they made that change and then reduced both Offensive and Defensive GB's by 40% afterward for reasons I have a theory on, but not the time to go into. Happy Reading.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

The developers have not "made a mistake", they have doen what they diod with careful forethought. They considered both present and future content.

We, as players, can only see the current features, the devs are looking a year ahead. The removal of the GB cap is something they have been discussing for quite awhile, The vouchers are your response to the complaints, not the removal of the level cap.

There are many more changes and additions to the game ahead, and yes many of them are a direct result of player feedback.
Now, let's all have a flashback moment......

Remember when every other thread or post seemed to be a request for guild wars....those were the good old days....:up:

DeletedUser

The developers have not "made a mistake", they have doen what they diod with careful forethought. They considered both present and future content.

We, as players, can only see the current features, the devs are looking a year ahead. The removal of the GB cap is something they have been discussing for quite awhile, The vouchers are your response to the complaints, not the removal of the level cap.

There are many more changes and additions to the game ahead, and yes many of them are a direct result of player feedback.
Now, let's all have a flashback moment......

Remember when every other thread or post seemed to be a request for guild wars....those were the good old days....:up:

They should of just made a new game FOE2 and left the other alone. Maybe refund old players Diamonds to move to the new game. As it is now, I can no longer advance it the old style of play.

I was just about to get tanks and catch up with a lot of some old players and take the new world.

Computer has 40% attack and I'm down from 60% to 33. It just took the wind out of me. Why would they down grade my game so much! I no longer want to play anymore all I do now is sign on daily...in hope they will change it back and collect goods every 8 hours.

Not a happy camper

After this week ends Most of my cities/towns will read ......

I'm no longer playing any Inno games till they give me my Zeus and our combat stats back.