• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Great Building contributor lock out

• Thread starter DeletedUser35420
  • Start date

DeletedUser31206

Frankly voting should be gotten rid of entirely, so should any requirement of "support or rejection" of the community. Less than 0.0001% of the playerbase even bother to vote or say anything, such small numbers should have no bearing whatsoever on IG's determination whether or not something should be added or taken from the game.

More people vote than make replies to the proposals and while it's true the developers don't implement all the proposals that we send them part of what they take into account besides how easy or difficult it is to implement a proposal is how much support the proposal got (I know this because once in another game I wrote to the developers of that game and they told me to take a poll and send them the results). Besides if we we did away with the community being able to have a say on the proposals and/or the voting system how would the Moderators decided which proposals to send to the developers.

DeletedUser

Just send them. Here's the proper way it should be done;

Proposal:
"I would like ___"

done, send
Good idea. That way, we won't be the only ones subjected to repetitive, poorly conceived "proposals". Just send them directly to the developers exactly as originally written, typos and all. What a great idea! :rolleyes:

DeletedUser26965

Good idea. That way, we won't be the only ones subjected to repetitive, poorly conceived "proposals". Just send them directly to the developers exactly as originally written, typos and all. What a great idea! :rolleyes:
Yep, it really is just that simple, no need for gatekeepers or artificial barriers to entry

edit: oh I forgot to add in some snark to pay you in kind. Yeah, it is a great idea, it takes vision beyond the veil of ignorance to see it which most people, including yourself, don't have. #snakroff

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser31206

Yep, it really is just that simple, no need for gatekeepers or artificial barriers to entry

edit: oh I forgot to add in some snark to pay you in kind. Yeah, it is a great idea, it takes vision beyond the veil of ignorance to see it which most people, including yourself, don't have. #snakroff
It would be a great idea if the developers didn't want to know that there's were other others players that were interested in them implementing the proposal for as I said I sent a proposal directly to developers of another game and they said for me to take a poll send them the results.

DeletedUser

You have really gone off the deep end. You seem to think you are the expert, not only on the game, but how we should all post on the Forum. Sad when a decent contributor ends up so full of himself that he is in danger of being a victim of the ignore button.

DeletedUser26965

You have really gone off the deep end. You seem to think you are the expert, not only on the game, but how we should all post on the Forum. Sad when a decent contributor ends up so full of himself that he is in danger of being a victim of the ignore button.
I've gone off the deep end? Tell me genius how does that relate to the topic of processing "wants" from players? Oh, yeah, nothing you said in your reply even comes close to addressing that, no instead you go for the personal rather than the substance. So please do ignore me, I could really careless.

DeletedUser26965

It would be a great idea if the developers didn't want to know that there's were other others players that were interested in them implementing the proposal
I'm sure they take all kinds of things into account but a forum poll determining what players would want or not want is hardly representative of anything but a few forum posters, pretty terrible way of going about it if you ask me.

I think it's pretty safe to say that if someone takes the time and effort to make a suggestion then at least more than that one person would enjoy the same. I would further posit that since that is most likely true than those who would most likely support something who aren't on the forums outweigh the forum posters, if that's true then it's perfectly logical to reject such artificial barriers to entry.

DeletedUser30900

I'm sure they take all kinds of things into account but a forum poll determining what players would want or not want is hardly representative of anything but a few forum posters, pretty terrible way of going about it if you ask me.

I think it's pretty safe to say that if someone takes the time and effort to make a suggestion then at least more than that one person would enjoy the same. I would further posit that since that is most likely true than those who would most likely support something who aren't on the forums outweigh the forum posters, if that's true then it's perfectly logical to reject such artificial barriers to entry.
So after you figured this forum is not buying you ideas, you decide to just deny the use of it?

DeletedUser26965

So after you figured this forum is not buying you ideas, you decide to just deny the use of it?
Oh boy look who showed up to contribute his greatness to the convo lol, thanks for the thoughtful and meaningful response.

DeletedUser

Wow! Such unfounded leaps of logic. Where do I begin with this nonsense?

Well, first of all, multitudes of players come here and post slapdash thoughts on the proposals forum. You know that as well as we do. They don't bother to think them through, and they don't bother to go to the trouble of even looking at the proposal guidelines, which are right there at the top. Time and effort? Puh-lease.

Then you leap to the "fact" that 'at least more than that one person would enjoy the same'. Which is possibly true in a technical sense. I mean you can probably find a couple of people somewhere in the game that enjoy being tied up and humiliated, but that doesn't mean we should all be subjected to it.

Next comes the biggest leap of all. You inflate that imaginary supporter of the 'proposal' into a much larger number of people (who don't care enough to even bother with the Forum). And since these imaginary supporters 'most likely' outnumber those of us who so take the time and effort to think about and respond to these 'proposals', then we should just be ignored, and every passing thought of these idiots trolls players should be passed on to the developers unfiltered. Because they have all the time in the world to just sit there and read the musings of idle minds that don't even understand the Forum, let alone the game.

But no, you haven't gone off the deep end at all. :rolleyes:

DeletedUser26965

Wow! Such unfounded leaps of logic. Where do I begin with this nonsense?

Well, first of all, multitudes of players come here and post slapdash thoughts on the proposals forum. You know that as well as we do. They don't bother to think them through, and they don't bother to go to the trouble of even looking at the proposal guidelines, which are right there at the top. Time and effort? Puh-lease.

Then you leap to the "fact" that 'at least more than that one person would enjoy the same'. Which is possibly true in a technical sense. I mean you can probably find a couple of people somewhere in the game that enjoy being tied up and humiliated, but that doesn't mean we should all be subjected to it.

Next comes the biggest leap of all. You inflate that imaginary supporter of the 'proposal' into a much larger number of people (who don't care enough to even bother with the Forum). And since these imaginary supporters 'most likely' outnumber those of us who so take the time and effort to think about and respond to these 'proposals', then we should just be ignored, and every passing thought of these idiots trolls players should be passed on to the developers unfiltered. Because they have all the time in the world to just sit there and read the musings of idle minds that don't even understand the Forum, let alone the game.

But no, you haven't gone off the deep end at all. :rolleyes:
Well, at least you're trying to argue a point, badly, but at least it's trying. Instead of dealing with your nearly non substantive response though I'll repost what I have before on the matter;

Lets us look at this quote from IG

(emphasis added)"...A big part of it is listening to players, and being open to information that comes from all sides...

...Additionally, we have so many community managers out there, people actually helping us to bring in the information from the community - what's wanted, maybe even what's broken.

So listening to them is one key factor, but also having a vision in place within the boundaries we have - being realistic, having a strategy..."
http://www.pocketgamer.biz/interview/66138/innogames-on-the-evolution-of-forge-of-empires/

My position from a players perspective is a proposal, suggestion, feedback can and should be a simple thing. Look back on what was said in the quote "...helping us to bring in the information from the community - what's wanted"..., that's it. From a typical players point of view all they really know and want is just that simple, what's wanted. They don't give thought and contemplation as to the deep reasoning as to why or how it should be justified, or how it may affect the game as a whole or IG's business, or how much development it may need or any such thing, they just know they would like this thing and so they mention that thing.

At that point I believe it should be out of the players hands and the rest is up to IG as to whether or not such a change would be good, justifiable etc. After all we are not privy to a lot of information, we are not sitting in the boardroom with management and developers, we can't really have a back and forth on such things so really the expectation on player feedback ought to be low and if they have a question about it they should ask that person.

None if it ought to entail anything further than "what's wanted", no need for hundreds of comments, no need for someone pointing out flaws that you have to answer to, no need for considering cost, time, development etc., no need for justification, no need for whatever % of player base support or whatever, no extra criterion ought to be placed on "what's wanted".

So there you go, so let's add some snark for you to focus on because I know it's difficult for you to actually argue real stuff. Now, if you get your jollies off of thinking your superior by having your pseudo sense of gatekeeper by criticizing and rejecting proposals on a game forum that's one thing of which I suggest you seek help for and is clearly nothing I can help you with. #snarkoff:rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Well, at least you're trying to argue a point, badly, but at least it's trying. Instead of dealing with your nearly non substantive response though I'll repost what I have before on the matter;
Wow, every time I think you've sunk to the lowest you could go you surprise me by finding a new lower level. You would make a great politician...and that is not a compliment. "Instead of responding to your post, let me just repeat myself here." Because, of course, you are the self-appointed expert on what should be. Right. :rolleyes:

DeletedUser26965

Wow, every time I think you've sunk to the lowest you could go you surprise me by finding a new lower level. You would make a great politician...and that is not a compliment. "Instead of responding to your post, let me just repeat myself here." Because, of course, you are the self-appointed expert on what should be. Right. :rolleyes:
See, very predictable.

upload_2018-6-12_13-13-34.jpeg

DeletedUser26965

if anything, you missing 4 allies compared to this picture. Maybe you should try hard on recruiting newcomers by supporting their unthoughtful or illogic proposals.
k, get right on that, thanks for the great response, certainly one for the emmys.

DeletedUser26965

Hoe come you are not linking to the forum rules anymore? Forgot them already?
Forum rules go out the window in redress, I know you won't understand the significance of that though, so carry on.