• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Great Building Level Up Order

Ebeondi Asi

I say we can write which are the better choices. Lighthouse of Alexandra is a good choce to build. Catherdral of Aachen is also a good choice for a early player.

Last edited:

Darkest.Knight

Since I wanted to get thru the tech tree as quickly as possible and I never seemed to have enough goods I was biased in favor of the goods GB's, FP's buildings were next and attack buildings least. Didn't c a need to lvl up the goods buildings too much so I kept them all under 30. Over time went from needing goods to having an excess, I've since removed all goods GB's; deleted 5. To gain attack and FP's I put up CDM, first building I got 100. I focused on attack/def buildings last, getting there now though 1228 attack/679 def. No matter how u do it, even if u spend diamonds, the game is slow but progressive.

RaymondCityCR

Depends, are you intending to stick to current age and below? What do you intend t9 focus on playstyle wise?
From what I've read it seems like the current meta is fighting so I guess I will fight.

Also thanks for the responses I guess I will try to get Lighthouse first.

Gypsy Grace

From what I've read it seems like the current meta is fighting so I guess I will fight.

If you're going to fight - Zeus, Aachen, Castel de Monte, and Traz are the buildings you want to get going. I built a Lighthouse and took it down in less than 2 months...save your space and goods. Tower of Babel would be better - get rid of houses so you have room for buildings with attack.

Emberguard

Ok so Great Buidings I would recommend you work on specifically for fighting:
  1. Statue of Zeus (Bronze Age)
  2. Cathedral of Aachen (Early Middle Ages)
  3. Castel Del Monte (Late Middle Ages)
  4. Arctic Orangery (Arctic Future - Personally I'd get this after the above are at Level 10, but if you already have 90/90 boosts from event buildings you can always get this earlier as it scales based on the boosts you have on everything else)

Other related buildings that's worth looking into so you can decide for yourself which ones aren't worth your time and which ones to get when:
  1. Alcatraz (Progressive Era - Unit production. Definitely way more useful to a newbie than it will be to a experienced player, also if you ever get into GvG then you'll have a much higher need for Units. I definitely don't need an Alcatraz at all even with a fighting focus due to how I've set up my city, but it's a massive boost to a brand new city and probably would be worth you getting just to boost your unit production)
  2. Kraken (Oceanic Future - due to the limited charges it has dropped in popularity over time. However, without the Kraken I'm getting roughly 40 attrition in. The Kraken by Lvl 67 would provide 23 charges. So it may have some decent mileage if you're able to time its use to provinces where you have limited or no Siege Camp support)
  3. The Virgo Project (Space Age Mars - the consensus on this is there's not enough charges to be of use to most players. It's fun to play with, but probably more useful as a tool to get through the most difficult fights of Guild Expedition and the Campaign Map than it is a consistent help)
  4. Terracotta Army (Virtual Future - It's not bad, just expensive for a young city if you intend to level up past Lvl 10. Though it is cheaper to level Terracotta Army to Level 10 than it will be to level up Zeus, Cathedral of Aachen and Castel Del Monte above Lvl 10)
  5. Himeji Castle (Virtual Future - gives rewards for fights won)

There's probably others but those are what come to mind

If you need supplies, that is a solid choice for a new player. Particularly if you're intending to keep Production Buildings from the Build Menu (most event buildings these days don't give supplies)