• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Great Buildings - Getting it done

DeletedUser5302

Hi all...

Well I've searched and must be missing something. I have all of the goods to build my great building. I'm in the Iron Age. It's the Tower of Babel. It says I need 40 forge points to build, I get that, but of course my limit is 10 on the forge pt. meter at the top of the page. So the idea is to get forge pts from others (Need 40 for lvl 1) But how do I actually get the construction started? It's greyed out.

Is there a place for me to store forge points?

Sorry I'm sure it's been asked, just couldn't find a clear answer.

Thank you!

Estes

DeletedUser

The forge points come into play only after you've actually constructed the building - what is called level 0. To do that you need a) all the necessary goods - which you say you have - and b) all the necessary 9 blueprints - check that you have those. If you do, visit your Inventory (bottom leftmost button) and under the Great Buildings tab (the middle one) you should see your Tower of Babel with all of its 9 squares lit up. If that's the case, click on it and the Construct button should be active; just click it and place it in your city. Once you do that, you'll see see it in you city as a building "in construction", it will be at level 0 and will progress to level 1 (fully built) only after those 40 forge points are put in it (which of course can and is done in increments, you don't need all those 40 Forge Points at once.) And only then (from level 1 onwards) you start receiving the benefits of the Great Building.

DeletedUser5302

The forge points come into play only after you've actually constructed the building - what is called level 0. To do that you need a) all the necessary goods - which you say you have - and b) all the necessary 9 blueprints - check that you have those. If you do, visit your Inventory (bottom leftmost button) and under the Great Buildings tab (the middle one) you should see your Tower of Babel with all of its 9 squares lit up. If that's the case, click on it and the Construct button should be active; just click it and place it in your city. Once you do that, you'll see see it in you city as a building "in construction", it will be at level 0 and will progress to level 1 (fully built) only after those 40 forge points are put in it (which of course can and is done in increments, you don't need all those 40 Forge Points at once.) And only then (from level 1 onwards) you start receiving the benefits of the Great Building.

Thank you for the detailed response, Arheus. There's where I messed up. I thought I could start with just the 1dt blue print. How do I get more blue prints to fill out the 9. Is through quests, diamonds ?

Thank you

DeletedUser

You have a small chance of finding a blueprints whenever you motivate or polish a building. You have an even smaller chance of finding one when you plunder a building. You can also gain blueprints through rewards if you are in the top ranked contributors to someone else's Great Building. Hope that helped. :)

DeletedUser

If you only have one blueprint, then I'm afraid that you are a long way away from building that Tower of Babel my friend. As Za Sen said, you have a small chance (in my own experience it's on average smth around or under 1%) of finding a blueprint whenever you m/p something - be advised though that you only get blueprints from the same age as the building/deco you are m/p-ing ; so if you're going for Tower of Babel you're gonna have to concentrate on Bronze Age buildings/decos. Also be advised that even when you get such a blueprint, it's going to be a random one from 18 available choices (9 for every of the 2 Bronze Age Great Buildings). The only sure way of getting blueprints for a certain GB (even then, those blueprints are random, but still it's 1/9 instead of 1/18 ) is to contribute with FP to other players' GB and be in the top contributors - you can check out this topic to see the contribution rewards for all the GBs. And, finally, there's the possibility of buying the remaining BPs with diamonds, at a fixed cost of 200 diamonds per BP. Good luck!

DeletedUser2382

Short answer, the more active you are, the quicker you will gather the BPs. Its not going to happen overnight in any case.

BPs drop occasionally from polishing, motivating, and plundering. You can also bid on your neighbors', guild members', and friends' GBs to acquire bps. Send friend requests to players with GBs you are interested in if you don't see one in your guild or neighborhood. Pretty much anyone will accept a friendship from someone willing to invest in their buildings. They will also come sometimes from quests, but this is generally fairly rare, and will be entirely random as to which building. When you polish, motivate, or plunder and a bp drops, it will be for a GB of the same age as the building you acted upon. Polished schools, taverns (bronze age) and motivated fruit farms, blacksmiths (bronze) will drop bps of either Zeus or Babel (bronze).

DeletedUser

Make sure you m/p the building FORM THE AGE YOU WANT TO RECEIVE A BLUEPRINT FROM! :) This will give you a better chance of finding all 9 blueprints of one building.

DeletedUser5302

Thanks for all the 'great' advice on Great Buildings. It looks like it's going to be awahile for me. I appreciate it.

Estes