• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Great buildings & messages ICONS

More ICONS are needed

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

FLYonWALL

Idea:
Who added points to my GREAT BUILDING >>I CAN'T REMEMBER EVERYONES NAME And on other worlds<<
Just like GLOBAL RANKINGS You can see ICONS to tell you who they are

Reason:
1. To identify Who they are, Mainly
2. so you wont bump a guild mate down a spot Not knowing Who he is

Details:
just add icons to it

Visual Aids:
ADDED

Balance:
none

Abuse Prevention:
none
View attachment 18506View attachment 18507
GB 01.jpegMESSAGE CENTER.jpg

Dominator - X

I suppose for some this may be useful. However, as someone who only uses 1.X threads to level my GB's, I know who every contributor is (friend or foe) based on their name and avatar. When an occasional neighbor contributes to my GB's uninvited, I know who they are and make sure they are bumped. So, this would not be helpful to me in the least.

FLYonWALL

I suppose for some this may be useful. However, as someone who only uses 1.X threads to level my GB's, I know who every contributor is (friend or foe) based on their name and avatar. When an occasional neighbor contributes to my GB's uninvited, I know who they are and make sure they are bumped. So, this would not be helpful to me in the least.
Can you remember 80 guild members names and there avatars
And in other worlds lol

Tony 85 the Generous

Can you remember 80 guild members names and there avatars
And in other worlds lol
That assumes one 1.9 thread and only guild members. What if you have a Guild 1.9 and a Friend 1.9 thread? That totals to 158 avatars and names. (how 158? because the guild and each thread can only contain 80 recipients and in each one of them is you) But you can have 139 friends, so Guild 1.9 and two Friend 1.9 threads, Can any one memorize all 218 avatars, names, and whether they are friend or guild per world?

I think the sniping aspect noted on the mock-up is irrelevent. Oethwise I am always a fan of more information so long as it is properly and efficiently displayed. This suggestion falls into that category.

Nice2HaveU

Oh no, my previous reply was totally incomplete. Sorry.
-- what if 5 people with same icon getting changed from their position(guild/unfriend/neighbor/non-guild/non-neighbor/user inactive/user deleted)
According to the detail, inside greatbuildings window placing those icon is not a bad idea, but it is not an improvement in my opinion. Each time opening great building have to fetch the information of users unnecessarily and it will slow down the game since it is a real time check for users placed in the GB. Myself in a day using 1.9thread for a GB opening it very frequently, it is going to take much time (a slight performance impact) with this idea.

-- If this idea, makes the benefit to our guild mates or friends to see the icon when they trying to share the FPS in our GBs means fine.
Who added points to my GREAT BUILDING
But, Only ourselves makes use of it then really not interested in it.

Graviton

When you have played for a while you recognize and know all your guild members and friends, you even have private conversations with most of them. I even recognize many people in my hood rotations.
Sure, if you only play 1 city. I have seven. I recognize a few players by name, but I couldn't tell you if they're guildmates, friends, or somebody who attacked me.

I'm still not in favor of this proposal though. You shouldn't be donating to guildmates' nor friends' GBs unsolicited, which means they should be in a thread, which means you won't be bumping anybody. And I don't care who I bump when I contribute to neighbor GBs.

Tony 85 the Generous

You shouldn't be donating to guildmates' nor friends' GBs unsolicited, which means they should be in a thread, which means you won't be bumping anybody. And I don't care who I bump when I contribute to neighbor GBs.
That is you and I, and many others. But not everyone plays by that rule. We both know that (soon-to-no-longer-be) friends and neighbors will jump on your gbs. If that's the case it would be nice to know so you can dump them from your friends list quickly. That brings up the fact that with this implementation there may be players that are not indicated as guild, friend, or neighbor on your GB because they contributed when they were in your guild, friend, or neighbor and no longer are. Have a blank item will likely cause more confusion as the idea helps.

Graviton

That is you and I, and many others. But not everyone plays by that rule. We both know that (soon-to-no-longer-be) friends and neighbors will jump on your gbs. If that's the case it would be nice to know so you can dump them from your friends list quickly.
That happens so rarely it doesn't change me to a "yes" vote.