• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

'Great Buildings' Strategy Poll

DeletedUser13023

I'm looking to do a poll about player's opinion of which are the best 'Great Buildings' and why and how best to take advantage of them and at what level do you break even for your investment in a great building. I tried searching, but I couldn't find any strategies that people use in choosing their 'Great Building' and how they use them to advance themselves in the game. So anything you could share would be appreciated. :)

DeletedUser9184

This would be my preferred order assuming I'm starting a brand new city:

#1: Lighthouse of Alexandria - That supply boost is really useful plus you get goods! (Useful even at level one)
#2: Statue of Zues - Even if you're not a hardcore PvP'r, this GB is too small not to have in your city and becomes useful when fighting on the Continent map (if you purely negociate, you know not to get it
wink.png
)
#3: St. Marks - Coin boost and goods is another must have GB (Useful even at level one)
#4: Cathedral of Aachen - If you're somewhat of a PvP'r or want to be on the military side of GvG, you're going to need this one along with the Castel del Monte and Statue of Zues
#5: Castel del Monte - If you're at least in the HMA, I would pick this over the CoA, but since I said starting a brand new city, this would come afterwards since you would should be able to get the CoA before worrying about this one
#6: Royal Albert Hall - You should not have any problems with supplies anymore after getting this GB
wink.png
(Useful even at level one)
#7: Alcatraz - Let's you stock up on units, and saves more space than InA military buildings and above. (Useful even at level one)

Of course, I would definitely get a lot of the other GBs, but these seven would be the must-haves if you're into fighting. If you're somewhat into fighting, I would take out the Cathedral and maybe Alcatraz. If you're not into fighting, then I would aim more towards any building that produces goods as a bonus.

DeletedUser6163

My strategy is a military one. For that, I agree with the GBs byeordie has listed above however I would also add Chateau for the quest boosts (they truly add up) and one population booster (Inno Tower is my favorite for the added forge point bonus) to allow for the additional population needed for a heavily militarized city. If you are in a GvG guild, the Observatory is a must-have, and often expected of all players.