• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Tarkkus

It is a shame that GB's like Rain Forest Project, Space Needle, Lotus, etc., are rare used and hardly seen. It turns out to be a waste of time making them. However, Instead of making new ones like Gelato Tower and Flying Island, why not add something to those that are never used? Or, beef up what they already have? RFP gives very little additional BP's but is a beautiful GB to have in a city. Not to mention its real life importance of reflection to nature. This one especially is a shame that it is tossed to the wayside.

Agent327

This topic has been discussed numerous times.

If you feel a GB isn't worth your while there is a feedback topic for it the moment it is presented. That is your only chance there might be some changes made. Now you can discuss it till you see blue in the face and still nothing will change.

Ebeondi Asi

What killed Rain Forest was Arc.. No one with a leveled up Arc needs more prints after awhile ..If they take part in 1.9 threads.

UBERhelp1

To make everything useful is to make nothing so. If every GB is super useful, then that messes up the balance of the game. If you take away the BP aiding chance thing with RFP for example, you can bet that tons of proposals would be for a building like that. There has to be something that does that. Whether or not you find a GB's boosts useful for your city is up to you.

The RFP also gives unrefined goods. Some GB are good at early ages but become obsolete at later ages. The LOA is an example of that for me. With 4.5 billion supplies I no longer need the boost. Having completed the SAV research tree I am finding I need to look at all of my GB to see if they are still relevant to my city. Unfortunately the Flying Island is pretty much useless for endgame players.

Tarkkus

What killed Rain Forest was Arc.. No one with a leveled up Arc needs more prints after awhile ..If they take part in 1.9 threads.
Yes, but it is not just about the buildings function. It is also about the aesthetics for some. However, and extremely low percentage want only aesthetics so my point was not to make the GB's with great aesthetics obsolete.

Tarkkus

To make everything useful is to make nothing so. If every GB is super useful, then that messes up the balance of the game. If you take away the BP aiding chance thing with RFP for example, you can bet that tons of proposals would be for a building like that. There has to be something that does that. Whether or not you find a GB's boosts useful for your city is up to you.
BP's are useful for every city. "To make everything useful is to make nothing so." I disagree. It is to make everything so. It will also give us a choice and make all cities different instead of seeing an Arc, HC, CF, Fighter Triad, Traz, etc in every city

qaccy

BP's are useful for every city. "To make everything useful is to make nothing so." I disagree. It is to make everything so. It will also give us a choice and make all cities different instead of seeing an Arc, HC, CF, Fighter Triad, Traz, etc in every city
You're still going to see those GBs in 'every city' (although non-fighters will generally skip GBs with only military benefits) because of how good they are. GBs are never mutually exclusive with each other; you can have all of them, none of them, or anything in between. The only way any of those mentioned GBs wouldn't be built by a player aware of what they do is if they got nerfed to no longer be useful. There'd just be more GBs alongside them!

Tarkkus

You're still going to see those GBs in 'every city' (although non-fighters will generally skip GBs with only military benefits) because of how good they are. GBs are never mutually exclusive with each other; you can have all of them, none of them, or anything in between. The only way any of those mentioned GBs wouldn't be built by a player aware of what they do is if they got nerfed to no longer be useful. There'd just be more GBs alongside them!
qaccy, I enjoy looking through cities to see the creativity of some players. I enjoy seeing the more unique arrangements. I agree we will for sure see the Fighter Triad of GB's every time, but after that you can go different ways; farm and negotiate more than attack? Or vice versa; that kind of determines what a city is going to look like. I don't know why I would add a Lotus, Space Needle, or anyone for that matter. Once we get past enthusiasm, to my knowledge, additional happiness does nothing.

The Lady Redneck

You can also build cities in other worlds and choose which GBs you want for each. My Main world in geared towards fighting, so the military GBs and those which help with goods for the guild and myself are the GBs I go for in it. I have another city which I am building as a Diamond farm So some of the GBs I am choosing are different there and will probably change as the farm grows. Then in Beta i have a city which is very free and easy so has a bit of everything. and I will might decide to put every GB in it.