• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Great Buildings with even greater potential?

Agent327

You have a good point, but when it comes to Colosseum, Notre Dame, Sophia Hagia, they are relatively worthless, at least by popular opinion, it is no longer a choice when buildings are considered worthless altogether, because newer other buildings take precedence. So yes, it is a choice that is easy to make, but why not make these buildings more useful for their age? Why couldn't Colosseum produce champions along with fps on leveling? Why only medals? Why not make them more useful was my thought. Of course the choice is obvious at this point.

I wonder where you come by that popular opinion. While you are right about Colloseum and Notre Dame, you are dead wrong about Hagia. On the world where you have the most points, Parkog, there are two players with a Hagia at lvl 100 and 60 at lvl 80 or higher. Highest lvl fot both Colosseum and Notre Dame is 20. Guess a lot of experienced players do not agree with your view.

Buildings are usefull for their age, so there is no reason to make them more usefull. They are just not uswefull for later agaes, but so are many more GB's.

Interesting. Thanks for your perspective. Everybody has an opinion, and when I said "Popular" I was speaking of those I am playing with who are in the millionaire's level. I guess maybe the Hagia becomes more valuable after Arc 80 when you can slam tons of fps down on it. I don't know. I was told to get rid of it, even though it was an early building.

Agent327

Interesting. Thanks for your perspective. Everybody has an opinion, and when I said "Popular" I was speaking of those I am playing with who are in the millionaire's level. I guess maybe the Hagia becomes more valuable after Arc 80 when you can slam tons of fps down on it. I don't know. I was told to get rid of it, even though it was an early building.

You were told wrong.

Hagia is valuable from the start cause it provides the happiness you need and fp's to go with it. Look up the stats. Are all those experienced players wrong, or those you are playing with?

ExtraMile

Your Wrong Hagia is an end game building
Sorry to break it too you but your very wrong.
I would beg to differ.

In fact, Hagia is one of the most efficient FP producers in terms of amortization (how quickly FP invested pays back.)

Level 55 offers the fastest amortization for the HS, paying back invested FP in 332 days. Here is a chart to show how this compares to other FP producing GBs:

0FFEEC60-C8C9-43E1-8687-3E4DF84BECC8.jpeg
*for the Blue Galaxy an approximate FP collection average of 7.275 FP is used. If the average collection was assumed to be 10 (which is very attainable with power creep event buildings), then the BG would break even in 291 days, second only to Cape. Also, Space Carrier is not included in this chart, but at target level 58, it breaks even slightly slower than HC and HS, and faster than AO.

As you can see, if focusing on FP production alone, it would make sense to power level HS only after Cape, Inno, Himeji Castle, (and possibly BG depending on event buildings you have).

For this reason, saying HS is exclusively an “end game building” is simply an erroneous statement that fails to take into account statistical comparisons with other GBs.

(chart credit: https://m.youtube.com/channel/UC2HhfIWOaqnXyHTvnE5i1Fw)

Nicholas002

I would beg to differ.

In fact, Hagia is one of the most efficient FP producers in terms of amortization (how quickly FP invested pays back.)

Level 55 offers the fastest amortization for the HS, paying back invested FP in 332 days. Here is a chart to show how this compares to other FP producing GBs:

View attachment 16386
*for the Blue Galaxy an approximate FP collection average of 7.275 FP is used. If the average collection was assumed to be 10 (which is very attainable with power creep event buildings), then the BG would break even in 291 days, second only to Cape. Also, Space Carrier is not included in this chart, but at target level 58, it breaks even slightly slower than HC and HS, and faster than AO.

As you can see, if focusing on FP production alone, it would make sense to power level HS only after Cape, Inno, Himeji Castle, (and possibly BG depending on event buildings you have).

For this reason, saying HS is exclusively an “end game building” is simply an erroneous statement that fails to take into account statistical comparisons with other GBs.

(chart credit: https://m.youtube.com/channel/UC2HhfIWOaqnXyHTvnE5i1Fw)
This info is correct.
However, there are a lot of factors to consider: your playstyle (big collection, or sniper), how long you plan to play, etc.

For example, I have only been playing for about 3 months, so if a GB takes almost a year to break even, that is a very long time for me. I will get more immediate benefit from leveling my arc to 80, getting my fighting capability up, and maybe even planting FP producing SBs where a HS would go, as they add FP immediately, without having to wait a year to pay back.

For that reason, FP GBS are going to be middle-game for me. After arc80, and leveling A/D GBs and Traz a bit, I will build HC, and then maybe Cape, and after that maybe HS. (or AO and Kraken for their other benefits?)

so basically, it depends on your perspective: if you are only gonna be playing for a year, any FP GB will just slow you down, and give you nearly no benefit.
if you plan to play for a long time, then they are very good, but still maybe not be the best idea to build them too early.

Agent327

This info is correct.
However, there are a lot of factors to consider: your playstyle (big collection, or sniper), how long you plan to play, etc.

For example, I have only been playing for about 3 months, so if a GB takes almost a year to break even, that is a very long time for me. I will get more immediate benefit from leveling my arc to 80, getting my fighting capability up, and maybe even planting FP producing SBs where a HS would go, as they add FP immediately, without having to wait a year to pay back.

For that reason, FP GBS are going to be middle-game for me. After arc80, and leveling A/D GBs and Traz a bit, I will build HC, and then maybe Cape, and after that maybe HS. (or AO and Kraken for their other benefits?)

so basically, it depends on your perspective: if you are only gonna be playing for a year, any FP GB will just slow you down, and give you nearly no benefit.
if you plan to play for a long time, then they are very good, but still maybe not be the best idea to build them too early.

If you are only going to be playing for a year, any advice given would be a waste. I even wonder if those players would ask for advice.

Those FP producing SBs supply population, so you will need happiness. Do you want to keep putting in cultural buildings for that, or a GB you can adjust?

You have been playing for 3 months and are reaching for GB's far beyond the era you are in. How long do you think it will take for those to break even? Also keep in mind the goods you need to buy.

WinnerGR

Those FP producing SBs supply population, so you ill need happiness. Do you want to keep putting in cultural buildings for that, or a GB you can adjust?
Traz is the best GB for that as it provides units and masssesss of happinuss.
Probably about 99*% of my hap comes from it

* People take stuff so litterally I just have to say that its an exagreation

Nicholas002

If you are only going to be playing for a year, any advice given would be a waste. I even wonder if those players would ask for advice.
True
Those FP producing SBs supply population, so you will need happiness. Do you want to keep putting in cultural buildings for that, or a GB you can adjust?
those FP producing SBs for the most part also provide more than enough happiness to cover their population.
Also, if you had been paying attention in an Idea thread I posted a while ago, you would know that I have a huge excess of happiness (ironically from my FP producing SBs :D ).

So to answer your question: Yes and No. Yes I do want a GB I can adjust, so I have Traz, and No I do not want to keep putting in cultural buildings (havn't had one since BA :rolleyes:.

You have been playing for 3 months and are reaching for GB's far beyond the era you are in. How long do you think it will take for those to break even? Also keep in mind the goods you need to buy.
Are you suggesting that players wait until the Future Era to get the Arc? because if you are, that is very bad advice. Even a n00b like me can see that ;)

DevaCat

True

those FP producing SBs for the most part also provide more than enough happiness to cover their population.
Also, if you had been paying attention in an Idea thread I posted a while ago, you would know that I have a huge excess of happiness (ironically from my FP producing SBs :D ).

So to answer your question: Yes and No. Yes I do want a GB I can adjust, so I have Traz, and No I do not want to keep putting in cultural buildings (havn't had one since BA :rolleyes:.

Are you suggesting that players wait until the Future Era to get the Arc? because if you are, that is very bad advice. Even a n00b like me can see that ;)
Your point earlier was that it depends in part on play style. I doubt you would have that huge excess of happiness from SBs alone without that Traz. You went the fighting route, someone with little interest in fighting might find happiness + fps via HS more attractive than happiness + units via Traz. Not to mention Traz is even larger than HS. And either or both GBs can make sense in a younger city without first hyper leveling an Arc. Again, many ways to play this game.

The usefulness/uselessness of the HS has been the subject of lengthy (continuing) debate -- a search is in order for anyone interested in the topic.

Nicholas002

Your point earlier was that it depends in part on play style. I doubt you would have that huge excess of happiness from SBs alone without that Traz. You went the fighting route, someone with little interest in fighting might find happiness + fps via HS more attractive than happiness + units via Traz. Not to mention Traz is even larger than HS. And either or both GBs can make sense in a younger city without first hyper leveling an Arc. Again, many ways to play this game.

The usefulness/uselessness of the HS has been the subject of lengthy (continuing) debate -- a search is in order for anyone interested in the topic.
you are right, everything depends on playstyle. If someone is super casual, and would rather log in for 5 mins and collect a lot of FPs, rather than spend time sniping, then HS would be even more valuable to them than the arc.

Interestingly, without traz I still would have a huge excess of happy... My baby traz gives 3,750 happy, and I have over 15,000 excess unpolished happy... maybe that's just me though...

Agent327

True

So have I, but you and I are not a good example for the average player.

Big part of that is cause you have been playing for 3 months and than I am not referring to it being short, but to it being recent months. With the surplus of events, game changes much faster these days.

Not that long ago, players used Inno to get rid of the houses. Inno cause it gives fp's as well, so while you were at it, you would continue to level 80. For that you needed to compensate with happiness and Traz alone was not enough, so you also needed Hagia.

Reason Hagia is still good is cause it is a lower age GB, so it needs less fp's to level up than GB's from later ages.

No, that time has passsed, but people should realize how much it actually costs. All you hear is Arc, Arc, Arc. Arc hasn't given me one diamond. CF has given me a lot. It's all about what you deem to be important.

Jase249

I think the thread is based on a false premise. Many lower-era GBs (Zeus, LoA, CoA, CdM, SMB) are considered by many to be fundamentals (especially the fighting ones). Arguably the 2nd and 3rd most valuable GBs of all (Chateau and Traz) are from Progressive Era. Higher eras have given us absolute junk like Gaea Statue and Virgo Project. I think the effects are actually fairly well distributed.

Plain Red Justice

I wouldn't call Gaea statue junk. How else can my single(male) citizens maintain a satisfactory amount of culture and gamer juices by appreciating the curves of Nature?

Just An Observer

Rocket Attack is a special ability which in actual history saw rockets being used with a high degree of military effectiveness during WW2. V-2's, Kaytushas/Nebelwerfers and air to ground missiles dished out plenty of damage. The Virgo Project should have been something released much further in the past with changes in appearance to reflect ever-increasing damage. ICBM's with MIRV's showed up big time in the Seventies. Now with the USA having multiple ABM systems, the Russians and Chinese are looking at using hypersonic missiles instead of ballistic missiles to avoid the defensive missiles.

SAM/SAAB missile weapons should be based around the proposed "Star Wars" missile defense system, which used fusion bombs, lasing rods and sensors to aim them in order to decimate incoming ICBM's with X-ray laser beams of very high intensity. Were it so, The Virgo Project would have been an anti-missile defense system to protect one's forces from a missile attack with this capability showing up in an early 21st century setting even though the theoretical basis for it was already present during the later stage of the Cold War, meaning it would predate the SAM era.

So what weapon would be appropriate for the SAM/SAAB era? High energy beams that can be fired repeatedly. We already have them present on one US Navy ship and they can be refitted onto Ford-class carriers as those CV's have a very large electrical generation capacity but for use in space, then we are talking about at least one if not two generations later of spacecraft capable of becoming fearsome space fighters. They would be of limited use since they are only going to work on targets in space. A more powerful version was thought of by the Third Reich's best scientists in which giant mirrors would focus the Sun's rays upon targets on the surface of a planet. Unlike laser beams, which get dissipated by clouds, a high level blast of concentrated sunlight would burn right through the cloud cover and destroy whatever was on the planet's surface.

Since that is the most potent directed energy weapon that humans have conceived, it would become the most powerful weapon in FoE. Obviously if we went with actual history and probable future history, then the dynamic of offense/defense back and forths would be reflected in such a family tree of these kinds of weapons. FoE would then become akin to the old video game Missile Command....LOL!

It does take a lot of thought to come up with GB's that actually are powerful while not being the kind which break the game. The Virgo Project is not a danger to the game in the present since it is rather underpowered so it would benefit from some sort of upgrading to reflect the era it comes from and the cost of putting this GB in play. If the Virgo did wind up overpowered, then two solutions come to mind. One would be to tone down the Virgo and the other would be to add a countering ability to everyone's fave futuristic GB, the Arc. With so many Arcs in play, that might work well for addressing game imbalances caused by a high powered offensive weapon, which could also be restricted to being usable only for the SAM/SAAB eras.

Move forward enough eras and we will have everything from the Star Wars and Star Trek universes. That would be a pretty cool game in and of itself when using the elements that FoE has already come up with. Space warfare does not need to use a license from Star Wars or Star Trek, but if Inno did get such a license, can you imagine how many people would sign up to play in those universes?