• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Growing my city?

Bosshoof

Some of my Guildies and friends appear to grow substantially faster than me. Any ideas why? I am in CA with a 7,500,000 score. I gain about 150K a week.

DevaCat

Boss, it’s kind of hard to give advice with so little information but fighting a lot helps, as does contributing to GBs (especially higher age GBs). Are your friends and guildies of the same age/era as you? If they are in a higher age that could factor in as well.

Kranyar the Mysterious

Boss, it’s kind of hard to give advice with so little information but fighting a lot helps, as does contributing to GBs (especially higher age GBs). Are your friends and guildies of the same age/era as you? If they are in a higher age that could factor in as well.
Contributing to great buildings doesn't gain you any ranking points. Leveling your own great buildings does, whether you personally added any fp to it or not.

Ebeondi Asi

In one World I was around 15 million and another player was at 30 million. a year gone by I am at 250 Million and she is at 75 million.
yet in another comparison, same world I was tied with a player at about just a few months ago at 190 Million. Now I am at 250 million, and he is at 350 Million..
It is odd and difficult to fully understand.
The largest gaining (aside from leveling up Eras) can be done with fighting. if a player does a thousand fights a day vs only a few, in high eras, that is a huge difference in score every day..

DevaCat

Contributing to great buildings doesn't gain you any ranking points. Leveling your own great buildings does, whether you personally added any fp to it or not.
Well there you go, that’s good to know! That kind of validates something I was saying in another thread, that if one of us puts out bad information a forum “regular” (who cares about accurate info being put out) will be along shortly to correct and set things right :)

Johnny B. Goode

The largest gaining (aside from leveling up Eras)
Leveling up eras, in and of itself, has no direct effect on ranking points. Replacing/upgrading buildings to the new, higher era is what increases ranking points. However, I believe GBs provide way more ranking points than even event buildings. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

EDIT: A level 80 Arc will provide almost 3 million ranking points, while a fully upgraded Celtic Farmstead (latest event building) in SAV only provides 630K.

Darkest.Knight

What GB's r worth in terms of ranking pts is highly dependent on the era of the building. Removing all of the goods GB's, LOA for example, didn't cost many game/ranking pts, I removed 5 goods buildings between lvls 20-30 and in total they weren't worth much. On the other hand an arc lvl'd to 90 is worth several million pts, the last lvl I did, lvl90, was worth well over 100K for the lvl. But in absolute terms most of my game pts come from doing fights, usually between 500K-1000K pts/day, lvling my GB's doesn't add all that much to my total. At rank213 in Sinerania and still advancing regularly, fighting is the only way to compete for top rank. Although I can't really compete against the top 100, I'm slow but surely doing more fights per day and if I don't burn out first I'll keep advancing. Fights using SAV units are worth quite a lot per fight, just did 1 fights in pvp tower and received over 3K for the fight, fights in battlegrounds scale up with increasing attrition, haven't check in a while what my last fights for the day r worth.

SomePlayer5000

Some possible reasons why are they are very active, they may have GBs that give them goods, Forge Points, coins/supplies etc, so they could urbanize their city and develop technology very quickly. If your talking about ranking points and other stuff like Guilds, Great Buildings or PvP, well you got your answer in the other replies.

Kranyar the Mysterious

Nobody has mentioned donating goods to the guild treasury or spending them on negotiating, quests, research, building great buildings, etc.

Donating a ton of high era goods to the treasury at one time is probably the fastest way to gain a lot of ranking points quickly. For example, donating 10k of each SAV regular good would gain you 2,475,000 ranking points.

Last edited:

Darkest.Knight

Although I've deleted all of my goods buildings I still generate a lot of goods daily, but I"ve been using most of my excess doing high attrition negotiations at the end of daily battleground fights. Not sure how many game pts I generate doing negotiations vs. what they're worth contributing to treasury instead, I'll check sometime when I have nothing better to do.

Johnny B. Goode

What GB's r worth in terms of ranking pts is highly dependent on the era of the building.
As is true of all facets of the ranking points formula, so nothing new here.
Removing all of the goods GB's, LOA for example, didn't cost many game/ranking pts, I removed 5 goods buildings between lvls 20-30 and in total they weren't worth much. On the other hand an arc lvl'd to 90 is worth several million pts, the last lvl I did, lvl90, was worth well over 100K for the lvl.
Nothing new here, either. Level 30 Babel is worth 238,375 ranking points. Level 30 LoA is worth 257,929 ranking points. Level 30 Galata Tower is worth 298,975 ranking points. Level 30 St Mark's is worth 306,855 ranking points. Level 30 Dresden is worth 352,740 ranking points. Level 30 RAH is worth 380,790 ranking points. Put them all together and they don't add up to a level 80 Arc, so...
fights in battlegrounds scale up with increasing attrition
Attrition level has nothing to do with ranking points. Neither do any boosts. The point value of the units you kill, minus any damage you take, is the only determining factor in battle points. The point value of a unit does not change due to boosts or attrition level, it stays at the base amount.

Johnny B. Goode

Not sure how many game pts I generate doing negotiations vs. what they're worth contributing to treasury instead, I'll check sometime when I have nothing better to do.
Doesn't matter. Using the same number of goods either way will give you the exact same number of ranking points. Where you spend the goods doesn't affect their worth. As long as you're not trading them (that doesn't count towards ranking points) you get the same number of ranking points regardless of what you're using them for.

Darkest.Knight

I certainly was off the mark on attrition and ranking pts, some variation in pts awarded as attrition goes up but bounces around a bit and doesn't progress up and as pointed out goods values r fixed. Formed my impression regarding attrition and ranking pts just after I started playing the game, about 4 yrs ago, haven't thought about since until now. Some aspects of the game have changed over time, no idea if fighters got nerfed or not.
No change in my pt of view, adding pts to GB's and using gems contributes somewhere around 20% of my total ranking pts gained/day, fighting adds the remaining 80%.

Lancer

Do you mean goods? Because any "gems" in the game, whether Diamonds or Gemstones (AD), don't figure in the ranking points.
Diamonds don't factor in with ranking points but they do give you castle system points each time you buy diamonds , helping increase your castle level quicker. I know we are talking about ranking points and not castle points, but I felt like someone would have switched it to that sooner or later if I hadn't posted this, lol.

Continue on everyone...

Edited after I was corrected by @Johnny B. Goode. Thanks again

Last edited: