• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Guild Avatars/Flags

• Thread starter DeletedUser27979
  • Start date

DeletedUser27979

I have been playing this game for a long time, years, and I don't remember the last time Inno offered up any new Guild Avatars.
Every Event has several new Player Avatars, about 172 Player Avatars are currently available.
There are only 61 Guild Avatars !, with several being the same logo but with a different color, and that has not been updated since when ?

Agent327

I have been playing this game for a long time, years, and I don't remember the last time Inno offered up any new Guild Avatars.
Every Event has several new Player Avatars, about 172 Player Avatars are currently available.
There are only 61 Guild Avatars !, with several being the same logo but with a different color, and that has not been updated since when ?

What does that have to do with the Fall Event?

DeletedUser27979

What does that have to do with the Fall Event?

No point explaining that if you cant comprehend what that post was about.
Hard to figure out why you cant link Events & Avatars, but I suspect that you just like to bait people.
I'm not interested in what you have to say, it was aimed at Inno not you.

Agent327

Hard to figure out why you cant link Events & Avatars, but I suspect that you just like to bait people.

Ever seen a guild avatar in an event? How is it supposed to be won?

DeletedUser

Whatever you may think of @Agent327 he has a valid point. Events are for individuals, not guilds, so including guild avatars/symbols wouldn't really work.

DeletedUser27979

Whatever you may think of @Agent327 he has a valid point. Events are for individuals, not guilds, so including guild avatars/symbols wouldn't really work.

That is not a valid point. You also miss the entire point of what I posted.
Where does Inno state that the "Events are for the Player not for the Guilds" ?
It is the player that makes the guild.
I don't remember any other place that Avatars, of any kind, have been offered up. If an Event can give you up to 4 new Avatars then I don't see why guilds can't get some long over due new Avatars. I'm done replying to this.

I'm gonna side with @Lauramiller here and agree that some more upgradeable buildings that provide happiness would be cool. Heck, the Colossus could have been one but that's apparently a very stylized apartment building since it provides population instead. But as it stands, I believe it's now been 12 events since one provided happiness (2018's Soccer Cup with the Tholos of Idols) and that seems like quite a long stretch to me!

Why not use the existing Great Buildings that provides Happiness and level it up ?
Gaea, Dresden, Alcatraz etc. will do the job for you rather than more junk buildings from Events to take up space in the city.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

That is not a valid point it is ridiculous and smells of baiting. You also miss the entire point of what I posted.
Where does Inno state that the "Events are for the Player not for the Guilds" ?
It is the player that makes the guild.
I don't remember any other place that Avatars, of any kind, have been offered up. If an Event can give you up to 4 new Avatars then I don't see why guilds can't get some long over due new Avatars. I'm done replying to this unless somebody has something intelligent to say.
It is a valid point because events are played by individuals, without any in-event assistance or coordination between guild members, nor any direct guild benefits from an individual's participation. Contrast that with GvG and GE, which are both clearly of benefit to a guild. Whether or not anywhere else in the game offers avatars is irrelevant to whether guild avatars/symbols should be offered in events. You would be better off suggesting that they be made available in GE or GvG somehow, although I doubt you would get much support for that. (Besides which, new rewards are on the Do Not Suggest List for proposals.)
Also, you need to stay away from insulting remarks.

DeletedUser

How would the mechanism of winning a guild avatar in an event even work? Where would the guild avatar go?
It wouldn't work, which is my entire point. Events are set up for individuals to participate and receive rewards, there is no mechanism in them for guild rewards. As to your second question, if they ever did have guild items such as avatars/flags they would have to go on an individual guild's avatar/flag page. And since right now all guilds have access to the same avatars/flags, they would have to adjust the guild page mechanism to accommodate each guild having a different selection available.

DeletedUser37581

It wouldn't work, which is my entire point. Events are set up for individuals to participate and receive rewards, there is no mechanism in them for guild rewards. As to your second question, if they ever did have guild items such as avatars/flags they would have to go on an individual guild's avatar/flag page. And since right now all guilds have access to the same avatars/flags, they would have to adjust the guild page mechanism to accommodate each guild having a different selection available.
If a guild avatar went into some new guild-based avatar pool, then I can just imagine the howls. "I'm the one that earned the avatar. Now I have switched guilds. How come it isn't available to my new guild."

Super Catanian

If a guild avatar went into some new guild-based avatar pool, then I can just imagine the howls. "I'm the one that earned the avatar. Now I have switched guilds. How come it isn't available to my new guild."
tenor.png

Algona

How would the mechanism of winning a guild avatar in an event even work? Where would the guild avatar go?

Sweet questions. Opns up a whole new design space.

Guild Rewards for Events? Guild Power is sweet, but could INNO benefit by adding meaningless (like Guild Flags) items? Of course! Look at the measures folks take over Ranking Points.

How about useful Guild items? Not quite sure what those might be, but heck, your questions just got me wondering. We'll see if anything burbles up from the cesspools of my mind.

Speaking of the cesspools of my mind, weird Event prize ideas, how about a once per Event prize, solve any GE Encounter? Killer prize for the GE challenged, more AD fodder for other players...

DeletedUser27979

It is a valid point because events are played by individuals, without any in-event assistance or coordination between guild members, nor any direct guild benefits from an individual's participation. Contrast that with GvG and GE, which are both clearly of benefit to a guild. Whether or not anywhere else in the game offers avatars is irrelevant to whether guild avatars/symbols should be offered in events. You would be better off suggesting that they be made available in GE or GvG somehow, although I doubt you would get much support for that. (Besides which, new rewards are on the Do Not Suggest List for proposals.)
Also, you need to stay away from insulting remarks.

No it is not valid, you are wrong and your points are void.
"Whether or not anywhere else in the game offers avatars is irrelevant to whether guild avatars/symbols should be offered in events" Ironic that that sentence is irrelevant. My point is very relevant, as well you know, due to Guild Avatars are not available anywhere in the game while every Event just keeps handing out several Player Avatars (usually 2 but sometimes 4).

Guilds help members get Quests done in Events, so that point you made is dead in the water.
The Guilds are also played by "Players". Players Create Guilds and there are very few Avatars to pick for that (Actual number quoted in my OP that was aimed at Inno who don't want to comment).
Quests also require GE activity that directly Aids a Guild. Then there is Daily Aid that also helps the members of the Guild that in turn... helps the Guild.
Events give out all kinds of junk yet for some bizarre reason a tiny minority of people here want to only argue against new Guild Avatars as if they are not part of the game.

Nobody has bothered to mention when the last time a New Guild Avatar appeared in the game that was pointed out in my OP.

Which Insult do you refer exactly ?

DeletedUser27979

Since when where the currently existing 61 Guild Avatars only available to one Guild ?

Graviton

My point is very relevant, as well you know, due to Guild Avatars are not available anywhere in the game while every Event just keeps handing out several Player Avatars (usually 2 but sometimes 4).

Your point is a comparison of apples (individual avatars) and oranges (guild avatars). That is the point Stephen is making. The bare fact that individuals are given avatars doesn't lead logically to the existence of guild avatars as prizes. There are significant differences between the two.

Several posters have asked how it might work, perhaps you could respond to them? Instead of simply insisting that it should be, tell us how it would be. Would it require some kind of collaborative effort? Would only one player have to win the avatar for the guild to use it, or would it require more than one guild member? How many players do you think would spend the time and effort to win something that's purely aesthetic?

DeletedUser27979

So what would be the point of offering it as an event prize?

What is the point in giving me 4 more Player Avatars in the last Event to add to the 100+ Avatars that I already have and don't use ?
I have not changed my Avatar since I started playing the game years ago. I have changed Guild Avatars several times.
Would it really hurt so much if new Guild Avatars where thrown into the Event payout mix ?

Interesting that nobody can answer my OP Question.

DeletedUser37581

What is the point in giving me 4 more Player Avatars in the last Event to add to the 100+ Avatars that I already have and don't use ?
I have not changed my Avatar since I started playing the game years ago. I have changed Guild Avatars several times.
Would it really hurt so much if new Guild Avatars where thrown into the Event payout mix ?

Interesting that nobody can answer my OP Question.
It's even more interesting that there is absolutely no point in offering an event prize that every single guild will have access to. It could just as well be added to the guild avatar pool completely independent of any event. I'd be a little pissed if I won a guild avatar that every single guild has access to anyway.

DeletedUser27979

Your point is a comparison of apples (individual avatars) and oranges (guild avatars). That is the point Stephen is making. The bare fact that individuals are given avatars doesn't lead logically to the existence of guild avatars as prizes. There are significant differences between the two.

Several posters have asked how it might work, perhaps you could respond to them? Instead of simply insisting that it should be, tell us how it would be. Would it require some kind of collaborative effort? Would only one player have to win the avatar for the guild to use it, or would it require more than one guild member? How many players do you think would spend the time and effort to win something that's purely aesthetic?

I think you're the only person who cares.

"I think you're the only person who cares" You think ?
I will take that as you cant supply a figure so you throw that pathetic smoke screen of a line up instead. Cant you just say that you don't know, is that just too hard ?
I'm not the only one that has noticed or mentioned the Guild Avatars over the years so, you are either baiting or you are out of touch.

Apples & Oranges are both seeded fruit that grow on trees, what is your point ?
An Avatar is an Avatar, the Guild Avatars are no different to Player Avatars. No reason why they cant add some new guild Avatars after so many years of nothing.

It is blatantly obvious how it would work, that is why I did not bother responding to other posts. But hey, here is one for the lazy kids that wont think about anything while they wait for their silver platter of instant answers...
All Avatars are available via Events only. Avatars are already part of Events. It Works already.
IS THAT CLEAR ENOUGH ?
Would you like a larger font maybe ?

Now I know why nobody in any guild I have ever been a part of uses this game forum feature.

DeletedUser27979

It's even more interesting that there is absolutely no point in offering an event prize that every single guild will have access to. It could just as well be added to the guild avatar pool completely independent of any event. I'd be a little pissed if I won a guild avatar that every single guild has access to anyway.

What about all the players that have access to the same Player Avatars as you ?