• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Guild Battleground Rewards

DeletedUser29933

first place finish at the end of 10 days is the same guild reward with narrow margin or absolute domination. individual rewards might be higher for very active pursuits but from what i have seen so far, they do not warrant the cost. Even if you landed with competition where it was possible to work your way to hold all sectors, you can't take a HQ making any adjacent sectors yours only as long as it takes another to take after 4hr safety.

DeletedUser

Is there any point to conquering ALL sectors and shutting the other guilds out?
Even if you could conquer all sectors, it wouldn't shut them out except for the brief interval where each sector is locked. Once a sector is no longer locked, anyone adjacent can attack/conquer it.

DeletedUser42226

Is there any point to conquering ALL sectors and shutting the other guilds out?

There’s just not a big enough reward to justify the cost. Regardless of how many provinces are conquered, the reward for 1st place vs 2nd or 3rd are very close. There’s not a big reward for getting first rather than 2nd. That’s not right!

DeletedUser29726

There’s just not a big enough reward to justify the cost. Regardless of how many provinces are conquered, the reward for 1st place vs 2nd or 3rd are very close. There’s not a big reward for getting first rather than 2nd. That’s not right!

The primary reward for 1st/2nd is amount of progress towards promoting to a higher league (where the rewards are much higher). 1st in copper = 13 fragments, 55k guild power. 8th in silver = 28 fragments, 117k guild power.

For the highest potential, 1st in diamond = 130 fragments, 546k guild power.

Flavius Belisarius

So right now it appears the only advantage to keep taking sectors is to provide more opportunities for individual fighters to gain individual rewards.
One idea would be to make sure the next league assignments have previous First Place Guilds be grouped together.
Right now my guilds opinion is that this is a time consuming resource drain that is almost better if you don't play.

RazorbackPirate

So right now it appears the only advantage to keep taking sectors is to provide more opportunities for individual fighters to gain individual rewards.
Not true. Victory points are awarded hourly. Either you're getting the points for the sector or someone else is. When they take it from you, you take it back.
As I understand it, how good you do as well as how much you do go into your MMR score and how much is added or subtracted to your MMR. Top spots add to MMR, bottom spots subtract from MMR, middle spots stay about the same. In the next round, you'll be grouped with the 5-8 guilds with the closest MMR score to your own.

You may end up 3rd in an 8 guild match up, but just missing 2nd should give more MMR points than just making 3rd. You won't get any more chest rewards or prestige points, but it should get you closer to a higher league faster. Remember, higher leagues have bigger rewards. Way bigger.

If you don't play, you can't win. If it's a resource drain, build your city to produce more resources, goods, troops or both. Raise the goods and/or fight GBs to have more, to do more, to win more. Yes, the personal rewards are worth the effort.

I have a city that consistently over produces so GbG has been great for me. But I can see how those with sub-standard cities can quickly find GbG draining in resources. My advice? Get better. Build a stronger city. Help your guild mates build stronger cities. Work as a team to raise each other's GBs. Lot's of reasons to push to be better.

GbG allows me to convert my excess goods and troops into more goods, FPs and diamonds. Those extra FPs allow me to raise my GBs even faster so I can do even more in GbG and win even more. Because of my personal participation in each of my guilds, my personal fragments will be almost double the reward for the guild in first place. Also consider fragments make up 50% of the rewards, so if I've already made over 100 fragments ... that's a lot of rewards. Plus, I'm having fun working with my guild mates to take sectors from other guilds, plan strategy, coordinate attacks, etc.

Or you can't be bothered. but if you want what other guilds will get from GbG, you'll need to put in the effort they do. Dog eat dog. How hungry are you?

RazorbackPirate

MMR adjustments at the end of a season are based entirely on placement within the battlefield. Victory points are not factored in at all.
Boo. Hiss.

So once the spots are locked in for the round, unless you want the individual rewards, you can coast to the finish keeping an eye in your rear view mirror. Seems a bit giving up to me, but then you live on to fight another day! Good to know.

Flavius Belisarius

Razorback Pirate (Well-Known Member)
I believe you missed my point....
I thought you would get something more for your guild than crown points (a lot to be sure).
It's still early to tell.....
It's not just a matter of building better cities. Their does come a point when you are faced with a mighty guild with many players with hundreds of million points where discretion is the better part of battle and you cut your losses to fight another day. If those guilds end up in the same league, hope they enjoy it.
Right now we are in a league where we'll finish 2d or 3d even if we lose all our provinces, as the "mighty guild" seeks to take everything.
My issue right now after watching this in BETA and now in the real game is: Rewards
1. some kind of guild wide BP reward
2. victory flag a 1X1 where guild placement and individual participation earns:
Permanent construction/recruit/supply/coin boosts (small 1-2% at a time with a max in each category)

Last edited:

AAA12AAA

Somewhat similar q if you don't mind.
Got a mighty 1 man by himself league! On my GB map all my neighbors are in a coma, got a few sectors and in the point lead with nobody in pursuit. So unless there is some Godzilla awakening 1st place is in the bag. The Q - is there any point to go further on the map or its just a waist of resources?
From reading this thread it seems its pointless to go forward, want to make sure I ain't missing on some tasty goodies)
Thanks

Emberguard

Somewhat similar q if you don't mind.
Got a mighty 1 man by himself league! On my GB map all my neighbors are in a coma, got a few sectors and in the point lead with nobody in pursuit. So unless there is some Godzilla awakening 1st place is in the bag. The Q - is there any point to go further on the map or its just a waist of resources?
From reading this thread it seems its pointless to go forward, want to make sure I ain't missing on some tasty goodies)
Thanks
The only reason you'd keep going is
(a) for the fun of it
(b) to prevent a Godzilla awakening from being a threat.

My guild currently has over 1k VP p/h by mainly just having the 2 inner rings and ignoring the rest. Can you fight back against that if you stay stagnant and an opponent decides to take the middle?

Probably not worth worrying about it though even if it happened as if it did then it's likely you'd still be in second anyway.

Last edited:

AAA12AAA

The only reason you'd keep going is
(a) for the fun of it
(b) to prevent a Godzilla awakening from being a threat.

My guild currently has over 1k VP p/h by maining just having the 2 inner rings and ignoring the rest. Can you fight back against that if you stay stagnant and an opponent decides to take the middle?
(a) If it was fun I would be all over it, but with my current economical and military resources, without some hidden rewards, it seems unwise to rush further.
(b) Always on the lookout for Godzilla)

I think your Q mostly a math one, how many points needed to push you out considering time left and accumulation of your own points for the time being, also need to consider your opponents opportunities ( roster, how active they've been the previews days, etc..) nothing in stone but I think you can draw somewhat realistic picture of what to expect.
Cheers

DeletedUser29726

You should at least keep doing what's "free" for you each day for individual rewards. Other than that, saving up for next week sounds appropriate :)

Algona

That's a good advice in any situation)

Get used to it. xivarmy is one of the best posters on this forum. Knwlegeable, reasonable, communicates clearly, rationale advice and opinions, can be funny as hell.

One of the very rare group of folk who even when they are wrong, they are right.

Meanwhile on topic: No.

MaranKarma

One idea would be to make sure the next league assignments have previous First Place Guilds be grouped together.
Right now my guilds opinion is that this is a time consuming resource drain that is almost better if you don't play.
Agree - this seems more like a reboot of GE than anything new, it's just more of the same, battle or negotiations. The cool looking map graphic is fine, but the rewards definitely do not even begin to justify the goods and soldiers. Meh.