• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Guild Battlegrounds Arrival Feedback

• Thread starter DeletedUser4770
  • Start date

DeletedUser41934

Are there penalties or losses for guilds that don't participate. I'm not interested in any more fighting as I prefer building. I'm also not interested in spending more resources negotiating.

BruteForceAttack

Will guilds with only one member be able to play?

Yes

How can I unlock the Guild Battlegrounds?
  • Simple! There are only two requirements to unlock the feature. You need to be part of a guild and research 'Military Tactics'. Once you've met both of these requirements, you'll be able to access the Battlegrounds building that's located northeast of your city limits. However, to take part, your guild needs to be signed up for the current battleground.

Check the announcement.

DeletedUser39048

Yes

How can I unlock the Guild Battlegrounds?
  • Simple! There are only two requirements to unlock the feature. You need to be part of a guild and research 'Military Tactics'. Once you've met both of these requirements, you'll be able to access the Battlegrounds building that's located northeast of your city limits. However, to take part, your guild needs to be signed up for the current battleground.

Check the announcement.
Thanks BFA

Galechade

What does this mean?
  • How many participants can we have in a Battleground map?
    • Battlegrounds can contain from 5 to 8 participants. The more competitors you have, the more MMR points are at stake (so you can win more, but you can also lose more).
Is that only 5-8 guild members can play BGB at the same time, or 5-8 guilds on the same map? Is BGB real time fighting against other guilds like GVG is or is this just GE on steroids?

DeletedUser37581

Is that only 5-8 guild members can play BGB at the same time, or 5-8 guilds on the same map? Is BGB real time fighting against other guilds like GVG is or is this just GE on steroids?
There will be from 5 to 8 guilds on a map. The fighting is more like GvG in that all guilds are battling for provinces at the same time, and the progress of each guild can be seen. There can be several (dozens) of provinces under attack at any time, and sometimes a single province will be under attack by two or three guilds at once.

BruteForceAttack

What does this mean?
  • How many participants can we have in a Battleground map?
    • Battlegrounds can contain from 5 to 8 participants. The more competitors you have, the more MMR points are at stake (so you can win more, but you can also lose more).

GbG has both aspects of GvG and GE..well kinda sorta

Similar to GE, GbG will have 5-8 guilds on one map.

Similar to GE, you can either fight or negotiate a fight.

In a way it is real time fighting, because more than one guild can try and take a province and whoever finishes first will get to keep that province for 4 hours. After 4 hours others can take it from you.

DeletedUser37581

Does this affect the guild's standings for better or worse?
At the end of each season, participating guilds are awarded prestige for two weeks. The amount of prestige is based on something called MMR which is used to determine which league a guild is in. The higher the league, the more prestige.

DeletedUser38681

Does the guild need to do anything to signup?

Should the Founder or anyone be getting a popup asking for a password or email? Sounds very fishy.
(May just have been a popup asking for email verification and unrelated, first story was probably wrong, but was interpreted as relating to Battlegrounds because of timing))

Last edited by a moderator:

Kranyar the Mysterious

Does the guild need to do anything to signup?

Should the Founder or anyone be getting a popup asking for a password or email? Sounds very fishy.
(May just have been a popup asking for email verification and unrelated, first story was probably wrong, but was interpreted as relating to Battlegrounds because of timing))
Not for the first season. Every guild is automatically enrolled at the beginning. If a guild doesn't participate during this season, then they will become inactive and have to re-enlist if they wish to participate in future Battlegrounds.

DeletedUser38681

Not for the first season. Every guild is automatically enrolled at the beginning. If a guild doesn't participate during this season, then they will become inactive and have to re-enlist if they wish to participate in future Battlegrounds.
Thank you that was what I thought I read somewhere,but so many conflicting stories going around today!

DeletedUser41730

Can you use troops from a younger age than you are at present? Or is the age of your attacking units tied to your current age?

vimesfan

There was a question earlier in this discussion about limiting the guild groupings to all being on your same server. I want to clarify something. Inno refers to the whole set of worlds A-Z, plus A2 and B2 as all being on the US server. However, many players refer to each world as a separate server.

Will my guild on (US) Xyr only be competing with other guilds on Xyr, or could we be competing with guilds anywhere on the US server? I can see an advantage to only competing with guilds on the same world, as working with another guild to dominate the maps could be a useful strategy. However, communication between those 2 guilds within the game can only happen within a single world, not across the entire US server.